• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Wisdom and Guidance.

• Members

Please pray for me that the Lord will give me wisdom and guidance, as well as that he would protect me from making wrong decisions and choices, specifically in the area of marriage.

I have about 3 semesters left of college, and I am beginning to think about marriage, I know the word of God says it is not good for man to be alone, that finding a wife is a good thing, to avoid fornication let every man have his own wife, and that it is better to marry than to burn.

I am horribly afraid of marrying outside of God's will.

I am prone to take control and do what I want to do in areas of this nature, and I struggle so much with this because of the background I was saved out of.

I need wisdom and patience.

Thanks.

Edited by Jordan Kurecki

• Members

I will lift this up in prayer.

As Rosie said, if you have doubts, don't move in that direction. As Scripture says, perfect love casteth out fear. Unless the Lord gives you peace about the matter of who to marry and when, have patience and wait upon the Lord.

All easier said than done, but with God all things are possible and we can do all things through Christ which strengthens us. Rely upon the guidance and strength of the Lord.