• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Has God cast aside Israel?

• Members

http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Gay-Pride-Parade-in-Tel-Aviv-to-draw-180000-405847

Around 180,000 people came to party in central Tel Aviv on Friday for the annual Gay Pride Parade, and police were deployed in force to secure the event and redirect traffic in the notoriously congested city.

The march began at noon after a party at Gan Meir on King George Street. It then made its way down Bograshov Street to Ha-Yarkon Street, Frishman Street and then south on Herbert Samuel Boulevard along the seaside – ending at Charles Clore Park, where the party will carry on until nightfall.

Israel Police said that as of 11:30 a.m. there will be a number of roads shut down to traffic in the city. Bograshov Street will be closed in both directions from King George Street to Ben Yehuda Street. Marmorek Street will be closed from Ibn Gabirol Street to Rothschild Boulevard. Arlozorov Street will be closed from Ibn Gabirol to Hayarkon Street. Ben Yehuda Street will be closed entirely from Allenby Street to Dizengoff Street. Allenby will be closed from Moshavot Square to Herbert Samuel Boulevard. Roads will also be closed in Jaffa, including a large portion of Jerusalem Boulevard.

Tel Aviv police said parking will not be allowed along the parade route, which was enforced beginning at 7:00 a.m. Any cars parked on the route will be towed. 

• Members

http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Politics-And-Diplomacy/Yaalon-I-hope-Israel-follows-US-lead-and-permits-gay-marriage-407263

The United States Supreme Court’s ruling on Friday banning states from refusing to recognize same-sex marriages is making waves worldwide, and Israel is no exception.

Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon took to Twitter and hailed the decision.

“The Supreme Court of the United States made an important, just and historic decision today,” Ya’alon tweeted on Friday. “Every person has the right to marry and have children, regardless of their sexual orientation. I hope additional countries, including Israel, will follow in the footsteps of the United States and grant this basic right to all.”

Israeli liberals celebrated the historic ruling while voicing hope that the Jewish state would one day join the 21 countries who have officially legalized homosexual unions.

“I’d be interested to see if now there are Tea Party folks in the US who are bitter and saying: ‘How dare the court decide! We have a majority in Congress! The majority rules!” tweeted Meretz MK Tamar Zandberg.

Zionist Union leader Isaac Herzog retweeted a post from US President Barack Obama with the headline: “A brave and important step.”

Herzog’s No. 2 on the Zionist Union list, Tzipi Livni, congratulated the US on “a historic decision.”

“Yesterday in Beersheba, I spoke of the need to achieve equality for all, and that is what I intend to do by advancing a civil marriage bill,” Livni tweeted.

Marriage services and regulations in Israel are controlled by the Orthodox Rabbinate, whose stern interpretation of Judaism has made it cumbersome for many Israelis who are not recognized as Jews according to halacha to marry. 

Gay marriage for both Jews and non-Jews is not recognized by Israeli authorities.

• Members

Has God cast Israel aside?

Jeremiah 31:35-37 (KJV)
35  Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:
36  If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.
37  Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.

Have the sun, moon, and stars stopped giving light? Has heaven been measured? Have the foundations of the earth been searched beneath? No; therefore, God hasn't cast Israel aside.

Jeremiah 33:20-26 (KJV)
20  Thus saith the LORD; If ye can break my covenant of the day, and my covenant of the night, and that there should not be day and night in their season;
21  Then may also my covenant be broken with David my servant, that he should not have a son to reign upon his throne; and with the Levites the priests, my ministers.
22  As the host of heaven cannot be numbered, neither the sand of the sea measured: so will I multiply the seed of David my servant, and the Levites that minister unto me.
23  Moreover the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah, saying,
24  Considerest thou not what this people have spoken, saying, The two families which the LORD hath chosen, he hath even cast them off? thus they have despised my people, that they should be no more a nation before them.
25  Thus saith the LORD; If my covenant be not with day and night, and if I have not appointed the ordinances of heaven and earth;
26  Then will I cast away the seed of Jacob, and David my servant, so that I will not take any of his seed to be rulers over the seed of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob: for I will cause their captivity to return, and have mercy on them.

Have day and night ceased? No; therefore, God hasn't cast Israel aside.

Romans 11:1 (KJV)
I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

Has God cast away Israel? God forbid.

• Members

The question arises when quoting Jeremiah is: has Israel a king in David's throne, and a Levitical priesthood? 

I see what you're saying; however, a careful reading of the scripture in question reveals that the promise is simply this...

If man can stop day and night from happening, then God will break his covenant with David; which is, he will break the Davidic Covenant so that David's son/seed won't reign on the throne forever. Nor, will God have Levites to minister unto him.

The fact that there is no Davidic king or Levites ministering unto God in Israel today actually has no bearing on that. In fact, the scripture in question points out the fact that God will cause their captivity to return and have mercy on them. In other words, at some point after God has regathered Israel from their scattering from the captivity, God will then have mercy on them. Then he will fulfill his covenants with David and the Levites...forever. Obviously, there couldn't be a Davidic king or ministering Levites while Israel was removed from the land. Did that make God a liar when he said that David would have a son to rule on his throne forever? Obviously, God can't lie. There will be a son of David who will rule on the throne literally forever...the Lord Jesus Christ. He will rule forever...throughout all eternity. And the Levites will also once again minister unto God.

So...since man can't stop day and night, and since the sun, moon, and stars haven't stopped shining, and since heaven hasn't been measured, and since the foundations of the earth haven't been searched beneath...God hasn't cast aside his people Israel...

God forbid.

Edited by No Nicolaitans

• Members

God hasn't cast aside his people Israel...

God forbid.

No, and Paul was showing evidence, that whosoever believed that Jesus was the Christ could be saved. Not that Israel was going to be a kingdom again. But that salvation had come unto all men, including the whole house of Israel, where ever they may be.

• Members

No, and Paul was showing evidence, that whosoever believed that Jesus was the Christ could be saved. Not that Israel was going to be a kingdom again. But that salvation had come unto all men, including the whole house of Israel, where ever they may be.

Since man can't stop day and night, and since the sun, moon, and stars haven't stopped shining, and since heaven hasn't been measured, and since the foundations of the earth haven't been searched beneath...God hasn't cast aside his people Israel...

God forbid.