• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

A person who is desireable to use Christian ethics, and proper internet posting, would resize the copy/paste definitions. It seems apparent to me that his was not a copy/paste problem. And, they could have easily copy/pasted the definitions from a normal dictionary site that does not enlarge their font in order to browbeat others. The sites that I go to for definaitions do not use this type of fonts and character style.

1. The size of the fonts.

2. Under falsehood: The highlighting of words that I did not use; lie, untruth, fib, falseification, invention, fiction, and story; lying mendacity, invention and perjury. 

They deliberately tried to change the issue from a study in Daniel 9:24-27 and Hosea 1:9-11 to denounce my character through improper posting method. There is still the issue of using highlighting words in my posting that I did not highlight. This is unethical, un-Christian, and to amybody that has written a college thesis, not an acceptable practice.

Permit me to quote the, "MLA Handbook for Writers of Research papers."The accuracy of quotations in research writing is extemely important. They must reproduce the original sources exactly." Quotation from: Gibaldi, Joseph, MLA manual for Writers of Research Papers, Fifth Edition. New York: The Modern Language Association of America. 1999. Page 80 When they quoted me they did not quote me accurately; they used highlighting to change the quote, and to distract the reader from the subject of the quote, in order  to produce a new subject in and then they denounced the new subject. That is deceit. That is a deliberate deceit.

They are intimidating and embrassing because they were designed to miss-lead others into a improper interpretation of my words and my teaching in order to cause me stop my teaching of biblical doctrine which they do not agree with.

​You give me way to much credit for being clever.  Such maliciousness as you accuse me of is way beyond my abilities unless you think I am one of Satan's personal emissaries. I am glad you consider me just unchristian and not the Anti-Christ himself.  All in all I think thou dost protest to much.  And as for my etiquette and education or upbringing or anything else you have or may wish to belittle . . . . go for it.  I thank the Lord that he loves me even if no one else does.  That is the reason He has given me a thick skin.  Be it in the world, or in the church, or on the internet, I have found it is not always safe to state ones honest opinions or feelings.  

• Members

​Why on earth are pushing your false doctrines in a thread about etiquette ?

Talk about poor etiquette - it is not enough that you push this trash on a site opposed to your view, but you infect just about every thread with it, whether it is relevant to the thread or not......

If that is not poor etiquette, I don't know what is.

​Dave? Why are you complaining about Covenanter posting here, when he hasn't?

Talk about 'etiquette'! Try to reread the post that Alan posted - he was quoting from another topic.

Please read below Dave, and Alan (who liked the post), and see, that Alan was giving an example:

Brethren,

Permit me to bring out an example of improper posting etiquette.

Please look at the example below this posting. Please notice the extreme font size that ThePilgim used against my post and then Covenanter did the same thing in order to intimidate and embrasses me publicly and then have the gall to miss-represent me by highlighting the words falsehood and unblief" instead of quoting properly my whole sentence. This my beloved brethren is an example of improper posting equette, internet shouting, intimidation, belttling, trying to "cowing," a person  and browbeat me, and an effort to create strife. It is an un-christian in all aspects. It is pure deceit using impoprer posting etiquette.

The aforementioned example was used upon me because they disagreed with me on the posting of Daniel 9:24-27 and  Hosea 1:9-11.  Because they could not refute biblically my doctrinal statment they used improper posting etiquette, including improper quoting,  to try and prevent my doctrinal teaching so other people on OnLine Baptist could learn the truth. Improper internet posting methods are used to hide deceit.

"Whose hatred is covered by deceit, his wickedness shall be shewed before the whole congregation." Proverbs 26:27

Thank you etiquettely! 

• Members

My apologies - there may be something wrong with the presentation on the phone - it looks like a separate post here.

Normally it is clearly a quote, but for some reason this is not.

Seems ok elsewhere.....

• 5 years later...
  • Members
On 5/28/2015 at 9:02 AM, Alan said:

Internet Etiquette, or, Netiquette, Standards.

Online Baptist

Do not make needless, incessant usage of:
a) ALL-CAPS;

Wikipedia

“Another rule is to avoid typing in all caps or grossly enlarging script for emphasis, which is considered to be the equivalent of shouting or yelling.”[1]

Kim Tranter

1. When typing never write in all capital letters.   That is shouting.  People don’t like it when you shout at them in person.  And they sure don’t like when you shout at them on the net!

Lately I have been trying to remind myself of the 'Internet Etiquette, or, Netiquette, Standards,' for internet posting and to remind myself of the 'Online Baptist' Guidelines for posting.

Alan