• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Lost my faith

ExRev

• Members

[quote="ExRev"]Wow!! Are you suggesting that I am not born again? I aspire to reach a spiritual maturity that enables me to see the mind of God so clearly that I can discern the internal conditions of another's heart from just a few sentences. I appreciate your reply but recommend a dose of Prov 18:13.

If I did not believe so strongly in God and His Word I would have gone elsewhere to follow my path to faith. I have encountered many who immediately question another's salvation when there is a disagreement, but did not expect it here and so immediately.[/quote]

Calm down. I don't question your salvation and had a long period away from the truth. I could share some pretty wonderful things with you. Without having heard about your particular situation, I can say that losing the dream of a Christian family life can be devastating.

I hope you stay and after you have some time I would like to share testimony with you...with everyone for that matter.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Calm down. I don't question your salvation and had a long period away from the truth. I could share some pretty wonderful things with you. Without having heard about your particular situation, I can say that losing the dream of a Christian family life can be devastating.

I hope you stay and after you have some time I would like to share testimony with you...with everyone for that matter.

To ExRev: Why do you think anyone is suggesting you are not saved? Anyone who is saved, knows the hard road there is to travel til' this life is over and we see Jesus. We make mistakes, we get corrected. Things go wrong in life created by us, created by others or Satan. It doesn't matter. It only matters that when we start looking up again, Jesus will be holding His hand out to us. Then, since the garden of eden, we have our choice to make. Do we grab hold or do we keep trying to do it on our own? Anyone saved person humble enough to admit it, can say we have all gone through a difficult time in our lives that tried our faith. At the very least question it. Any humble person, from the little old lady to the pastor at a church has questioned God. We are mortal. We need assurance. God knows that. That's why he gives it to us when we ask and sometimes before we ask or when we can't ask at all because we sorrow so much. We are His children, He hears us. ; Jesus died for us. He loves us. Both very simple statements, yet very profound.

• Members

ExRev has not been back to this board in quite awhile

Last visited: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:29 pm

It sounds as if the Holy Spirit may be dealing with him and he has a lot of things to work out in his life. Divorce is something that "isn't supposed to happen" and when it does it can be devestating and make one question everything about life. I will pray for ExRev and hope that eventually God will help him to find peace and contentment and learn that the journey of life is not a smooth and easy one, and we all have to hit the hard bumps in the road every now and again. :pray

I have found that you can turn your back on God, but God will never turn his back on you...and just when times are at their bleakest that is when God's presence can be felt the most!

• Members
ExRev has not been back to this board in quite awhile

Last visited: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:29 pm

It sounds as if the Holy Spirit may be dealing with him and he has a lot of things to work out in his life. Divorce is something that "isn't supposed to happen" and when it does it can be devestating and make one question everything about life. I will pray for ExRev and hope that eventually God will help him to find peace and contentment and learn that the journey of life is not a smooth and easy one, and we all have to hit the hard bumps in the road every now and again. :pray

I have found that you can turn your back on God, but God will never turn his back on you...and just when times are at their bleakest that is when God's presence can be felt the most!

:amen: :amen: