• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Reverend?

• Members

​And yet, it is written clearly in a manner that seems to defy a linear mindset in some cases for a reason: to remind us of God's view on things. We see from a past/present/future, yet God tells us that we are already seated in heavenly places, and we are already glorified. Thus, when we consider such things as "For God so LOVED the world..." since God is outside of time, it is impossible for Him to limit His love for the world in a specific time period, unless He was to lay it out clearly for us. We have no qualification to say, "Well, God loved from this time to this time, but He no longer loves the world" That's ridiculous, else we should also declare that Jesus' sacrifice which is past, was only given for those of the past, not for us. When did His grace end? We would say, it hasn't ended, not until the end. So then, who can we declare God's love ended? God's love is part and parcel with Jesus' salvation and grace-they are inextricably entwined.

​So did He love the world at the time of Noah?  Was the Flood an expression of love?

Rom 5:8 says "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." See, God COMMENDETH.

This verse talks about true Christians, not satanists.  Read it in context. Nowhere in the Christian Bible does it say that Jesus loves satanists. 

Edited by RevBob

• Members

Furthermore, Romans 10:13 and Acts 2:21 make clear that anyone can call on Jesus and they will be saved with certainty. Unfortunately for your point of view, 1 John 2:2 says that Jesus was the propitiation for the sins of the whole world. That's an all-inclusive term, so you either have to admit that limited atonement is false, or you have to say that since it was past tense He isn't the propitiation for sins now, just back then, which means once again...you're not one of the elect because that was past tense and you're in the present almost 2000 years later.

​Yes, anyone call on Jesus to become born again.  Not everyone will.  None of the verses you cite above contradict the plain and detailed reading of John 3:16-18.

• Members

​Yes, anyone call on Jesus to become born again.  Not everyone will.  None of the verses you cite above contradict the plain and detailed reading of John 3:16-18.

​You completely missed the entire point about your focus on past/present tense being self-defeating. If you're going to play that game, then you have to do it in every instance, otherwise you're just cherry-picking based on what you want to believe. Also, if you're going to hang your belief system on the minutia of grammar, you should probably take more care to understand the grammar. The "loved" word you're unwisely focusing on is in the aorist tense, which is an undefined action that normally occurs in the past and not in the imperfect tense which is a completed action that normally occurs in the past. If God wanted to communicate to us that His love for the world was only during a finite window and came to an end at a particular time, it would be in the imperfect tense, but it's not. Once again, your premise fails. Please study harder.

• Members

​You completely missed the entire point about your focus on past/present tense being self-defeating. If you're going to play that game,

​I'm not playing any games.  Bible says what it says.  We're to read it, believe it, and follow it. 

then you have to do it in every instance, otherwise you're just cherry-picking based on what you want to believe.

Why would you have to do it in every instance?  It's not cherry-picking anything to read the plain and CONTEXTUAL meaning.  Also, what's this "want to believe"?  I'm a true Christian--I don't "want" to believe anything other than what the Bible says.

The "loved" word you're unwisely focusing on is in the aorist tense, which is an undefined action that normally occurs in the past and not in the imperfect tense which is a completed action that normally occurs in the past. If God wanted to communicate to us that His love for the world was only during a finite window and came to an end at a particular time, it would be in the imperfect tense, but it's not. Once again, your premise fails. Please study harder.

I suggest that you study harder.  Do you tell your wife or children that you loved them or that you love them?  Would you tell you wife something along the lines of "honey, I loved you so much that I bought you the best set of pots and pans I could find"?  Would you tell you child, "I loved you so much that I got you the best Nerf gun they had at the toy store?"

• Moderators

​So did He love the world at the time of Noah?  Was the Flood an expression of love?

This verse talks about true Christians, not satanists.  Read it in context. Nowhere in the Christian Bible does it say that Jesus loves satanists. 

Romans 6:8 says that Christ died for the ungodly. That's a fairly comprehensive term - and it is not limited. Therefore, it includes satanists. (Although why you've jumped immediately to that particular example is beyond me.)

• Members

Romans 6:8 says that Christ died for the ungodly. That's a fairly comprehensive term - and it is not limited. Therefore, it includes satanists. (Although why you've jumped immediately to that particular example is beyond me.)

​A satanist is anyone who is not a true Christian.  Matthew 12:30.

• Members

​A satanist is anyone who is not a true Christian.  Matthew 12:30.

Bob,

It would be helpful if you refrained from the explicatives our Holy God uses to describe sin and realize your sinful state saved only by Grace. You are simply a "Satanist" saved by Grace.

Be thankful that some former Satanist had mercy on your sorry satanist self and shared the Gospel with you.  Let your thankfulness translate into true compassion for the lost as our Lord has and try harder to conform yourself into His image instead of this prideful (soon to fall hard) holier than thou you portray yourself as.

Our Lord was harsh only with the false religious devils (jury is still out but the evidence is piling up against you to include you with these devils) and never with the common sinners, read your Bible and stop following morons.

• Members

Bob,

It would be helpful if you refrained from the explicatives our Holy God uses to describe sin and realize your sinful state saved only by Grace. You are simply a "Satanist" saved by Grace.

​It would be helpful if you refrained from making ridiculous accusations about me.

Be thankful that some former Satanist had mercy on your sorry satanist self and shared the Gospel with you.  Let your thankfulness translate into true compassion for the lost as our Lord has and try harder to conform yourself into His image instead of this prideful (soon to fall hard) holier than thou you portray yourself as.

More ridiculous accusations from you.  And I was a sinner/satanist.  Then I was Saved by Grace!

Our Lord was harsh only with the false religious devils (jury is still out but the evidence is piling up against you to include you with these devils) and never with the common sinners, read your Bible and stop following morons.

I don't know whom you follow, but I follow Jesus!

Edited by RevBob
added video

• Members

He bases his "God hates them" on Psalm 5:5, and using John 3:16 to prove that God loves sinners doesn't apply to today (according to him), because the verb "loved" is past tense. This was all covered in this thread --> http://www.onlinebaptist.com/home/topic/23437-soulwinning-teens-and-young-people/

​Good work No Nicolaitans

• Members

​Hardly guy.

Our Lord's example of compassion for the lost is clearly displayed in the Gospels. It appears the Scripture references your revered and esteemed and great muttenheads gave you to quote are Old Testament attempting to justify your self righteous view of sinners just like you.

Edited by wretched

• Members

​It would be helpful if you refrained from making ridiculous accusations about me.

More ridiculous accusations from you.  And I was a sinner/satanist.  Then I was Saved by Grace!

​who's the guy on video?