• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I have a Bible question

• Members

sorry I don't have the Bible verses available.... when Moses died I believe the Bible says that God buried him but noone knows where his grace is.. there will be 2 witnesses during the tribulation period.. I have heard many IFB Pastors say it will be Enoch and Elijah others say it will be Moses and Elijah... what are your views on this

• Members

The death & burial of Moses is in Deut. 34.

Moses & Elijah appeared with Jesus on the transfiguration mount. Mat. 17

The 2 witnesses appear in Rev. 11, where John sees the destruction of Jerusalem. They are identified by the descriptions of their actions - Moses & Elijah, representing the Law & the Prophets by which the Jewish leaders of Jesus' time were condemned in his parable of the rich man & Lazarus. Luke 16:27-31 

I tend to think therefore that the witnesses are the OT Scriptures, rather than specific OT people returned to earth. 

• Members

Well, if you believe what the Bible actually says you will likely end up with NN.

They are not specifically identified,  so we can not be certain, but it is likely to be either Enoch and Elijah as suggested above, or Moses and Elijah due to their appearance at the transfiguration.

However, there is no direct link between either pair and the two witnesses of Revelation.

One thing we CAN BE CERTAIN OF is that they are two actual men - the record in Revelation leaves no room for any other understanding - unless of course you are happy to ignore what the Bible says and make up your own understanding of words.

Edited by DaveW

• Members

I should probably add that that Revelation does also reference these witnesses as having power to stop rain and bring "all plagues" which some take as extra reference to Elijah and Moses.

• Members

please explain this  11 Timothy 2:18

Are you asking for 2 Timothy 2:18?

2 Timothy 2:18
Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

The previous couple of verses are needed to help explain it...

2 Timothy 2:16-18
16   But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
17   And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
18   Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

Giving heed to profane and vain babblings instead of the truth of God's word will lead to more ungodliness, and those babblings (like a canker sore) will eat away at those who listen to them and spread them...causing them to err from the truth. For example, Hymaneaeus and Philetus spread false doctrine through their babblings by saying the resurrection is past already. They erred from the truth of God's word concerning the future resurrection, and their profane and vain babblings overthrew the faith of some who had given heed to their word instead of the truth of God's word.

As believers, we shouldn't heed anyone who spreads false doctrine through their profane and vain babblings; in fact, we should shun those babblings. That's why we should heed the previous verse that comes before verses 16-18...

2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

When we study God's word and rightly divide it, we will recognize profane and vain babblings; therefore, we will know what to shun.