• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Greetings! ....and a question

• Members

Greetings!  I'm "new" to this board.  Well, I guess not.  I seem to have already had an ID already, although I honestly don't remember when I created it!  So, I'm just claiming to be a new member....

My name is Aaron Freeman and I'm the pastor at Iglesia Bautista Esperanza, a missionary church plant in Rio Grande City, Texas.  We began this work about 5 years ago and have been very blessed during that time.  We're still small, but we've got a good core of members, our own permanent building and are very hopeful about growth in the coming months/years.

That's really my purpose for being here today.  I'm interested in researching the possibility of having another family come and serve alongside us here on the field.  This family would be fully involved in the ministry, especially with evangelization, with the husband serving in the capacity of Assistant Pastor. It's obviously not a paid position (since I myself am not paid...I'm still supported through missionary offerings).  Our people are faithful to give, but we serve in one of the poorest counties in the country, and as I already mentioned our congregation is not yet very large.

Unfortunately, I don't really know where to begin this process of trying to develop a partnership with a family that would be interested in ministering in this area.  Ideally it would be a young family, that would be dedicated to remaining on the mission field indefinitely.  The physical environment here is very taxing, and we've seen that the older an individual is, the less effective they are (not useless by any means, just limited).  I've considered contacting Independent Baptist bible colleges to query regarding soon-to-graduate missions students, but am not sure if that's a prudent investment of my time or not.  So, I've come here.  I'm hoping that perhaps my fellow Independent Baptists can provide some insight/direction.  Or, even better, perhaps a solid contact can be provided!

I know the provided details are very slim.  I'm more than willing to provide whatever information may be desired, and to speak at length with interested individuals.  Feel free to contact me via this forum, and we can exchange additional contact information (email, phone) so as to have more opportunities for communication.  I look forward to any/all help that may be provided.

God Bless.

• Members

Oh by the way have you tried the churches with Bible Institutes or Small Colleges? Get your name out there to these places and see what turns up. Here are a couple...

Tabernacle Baptist Bible College and Seminary Virginia Beach, Va.

Marietta Bible College Marietta, OH

Solid Bible based education began back in the 70's and have a fair sized turn over. Sorry, I don't know of anything closer to you except maybe...how close to San Angelo are you?

• Members

Oh by the way have you tried the churches with Bible Institutes or Small Colleges? Get your name out there to these places and see what turns up. Here are a couple...

Tabernacle Baptist Bible College and Seminary Virginia Beach, Va.

Marietta Bible College Marietta, OH

Solid Bible based education began back in the 70's and have a fair sized turn over. Sorry, I don't know of anything closer to you except maybe...how close to San Angelo are you?

​That's kinda the direction I was leading.  I've actually visited Tabernacle before and driven past Marietta.  As to San Angelo, they're about 12 hours north of us.  I've visited there too!  lol

• Members

​That's kinda the direction I was leading.  I've actually visited Tabernacle before and driven past Marietta.  As to San Angelo, they're about 12 hours north of us.  I've visited there too!  lol

​I know one congregation I visited while my son was stationed at San Angelo. Central Faith Baptist, Pastor Gerald Clark Jr. That was back in early 2010 while helping my son locate a good church. Pastor Clark took Jason under his wing and helped guide him to grow in the truth. 2460 Jomar, San Angelo TX 76901. He may have some contacts for you (not sure) sorry, I don't have their/his telephone number.

Tabernacle's pastor when I attended was Rodney Bell (not to be confused with Rob Bell). Good IFB congregation and school. I attended courses while I lived there. I have not met Pastor Brown but, knowing the folks there, I'm certain he is a good man. They train many men for the ministry both foreign and domestic. 

Marietta Bible Center is Pastored by Myron Guiler. Another good man, I've met him and heard him preach, solid. I attend a small IB Church near Marietta and we have a lot of his preacher boys over to give testimony, preach, and deputation. Many are foreign nationals and heading back to their nations. We've taken on several for support. Solid fundamental men leave this small college.

One of these places might have a preacher boy who would like to get in on the ground floor of a work for Christ. I hope you're successful in your search.