• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Honoring the Troops?

• Members

If you need to be paid to honor the troops are you an honorable human being?  My wife volunteers to work at the V.A. hospital in Portland and she has done so for twenty years.  Now that is honoring the troops.  Our government and big business doesn't care about the troops any more than it cares for you and me . . . . and that ain't much!  They use em up and dump em.  Sorry this article just set me off.

http://libertyblitzkrieg.com/2015/05/11/how-the-u-s-military-is-paying-nfl-teams-to-millions-to-honor-the-troops-at-sporting-events/

• Members

Disgusting. Especially considering the huge amount of money the NFL rakes in each year, plus their special tax deals with the government. It's not like the NFL needs help to cover expenses for such a thing. They could foot the entire bill and never miss the amount of money it would cost.

Those in government who work out these deals to pay to stoke the fires of "patriotism" in the form of "honoring" the troops should be fired. Those in the NFL accepting such an arrangement should be deeply ashamed and donate the amount of money received from the government to a legitimate, worthy charity.

The ones most trustworthy for truly honoring the troops are those who have done so for a very long time, before such was politically correct and a major publicity tool.