• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Shut-up or else!

• Members

Free speech will meet it's demise under the guise of tolerance and anti-hate legislation. For a long while now it's common to hear many in America say they are all for free speech...but, or...except...then they list off all those they believe should be denied the use of free speech.

A liberal commentator actually went right to the true point of freedom of speech, and that is freedom of speech is precisely to protect speech others might not like, some might find offensive, some might hate, some might wish to silence. It's that sort of speech that was the primary reason for enshrining free speech to our constitution. Free speech laws aren't necessary to protect speech everyone agrees with or doesn't care about. It's the speech some don't want to hear, that some would like to eliminate, that freedom of speech is to protect.

Sadly, if a vote were held during the next presidential election to make a few certain points of speech illegal, many (maybe all) of them would pass.

What a shame we have allowed our own country to become our own worst enemy.

• Moderators

The decision the SCOTUS makes concerning same-sex marriage will have a lot to do with what happens to free speech, very shortly, not to mention freedom of religion. SSM cannot co-exist with some other constitutional rights, so we can guess which ones will win out and which will be quietly shunted aside.

Good=evil, evil=good

• Members

Listen to the news and notice the stories they don't cover, notice the words, terms and truths they refuse to say or discuss, see how quickly individuals and corporations are brought under attack for the slightest "offense" and it's clear free speech is already infringed upon and it's only getting worse.

Take into account actual laws against "hate speech", which are very selectively applied and enforced, and the apparatus for severe restriction of speech is already in place and accepted by millions.

• Moderators

Listen to the news and notice the stories they don't cover, notice the words, terms and truths they refuse to say or discuss, see how quickly individuals and corporations are brought under attack for the slightest "offense" and it's clear free speech is already infringed upon and it's only getting worse.

Take into account actual laws against "hate speech", which are very selectively applied and enforced, and the apparatus for severe restriction of speech is already in place and accepted by millions.

​This reminds me of a short routine by a comedian.

He is writing for a TV series, and in it, he says he uses the term "midget" in his script. Well, the producer is furious and says he cant say "Midget". The comedian asks why, and the producer tells him that its a terrible, demeaning word. Again, the comedian can't get it, says "Why is midget so bad?". The producer tells him, "Midget is as bad as the "N"-word!" To which the comedian replies, "No it isn't", and the producer says "Yes, it is!', and the comedian says, I know its not as bad-you know HOW I know?"  "How?" "because if it was as bad as the 'N' word, we wouldn't be saying 'midget'.

The use of the phrase "N"-word, is a great example of how we are brainwashed. I get the term is bad, and there is no real good use for the word, but sometimes it can be used as an explanation of bad words not to use against people, and the like-I mean, It's not a word that if we say it, we're going to go to hell that instance-I can write here, "The word 'nigger', is a terrible word to use to describe anyone, and it shouldn't be used as such", and there is nothing wrong with that. Yet its gotten so bad that, as I recall some years back a fellow was called a racist for using the word 'niggardly', meaning stingy, and those who didn;'t understand it got horribly offended, and even when the word was explained, they decided it was still a horrible word to use, because it KINDA sounds like the other word.  We have been brainwashed into saying "N"-word, yet those to whom it once was used, use "nigger' regularly to describe themselves or others of that same skin tone.  Weird. But its all about social engineering.

• Members

Well, somebody used the dreaded "n-word" (I wonder what they would say if asked just what the "n-word" is?) near a college and the students and head of the school are all outraged. They don't know who used the word, not even if they are a student or not, but the police are looking for help to arrest the person and the college president has already said if the person is caught and turns out to be a student they will be immediately expelled.

This is a list of those nobody on or near the college are allowed to say anything about which they might take offense at: "race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, and veteran status".

This would mean a Christian speaking what Scripture says with regards to sex outside of marriage; marriage only to be one man/one woman, the sin of homosexuality and such could be charged with "hate speech" and expelled from the school.

It would also be possible to get in trouble for speaking against radical Islam or pointing out that Scientology is a false religion.

Ah, free speech, such is only upheld if the speech is PC, or at least found to be acceptable by those in power.

Rather ironic that so many marching and yelling about the use of the "n-word" often use it themselves and blare "music" filled with the use of that word in the lyrics. But that's okay.

• Moderators

We had a bus driver write a student up, the student instantly tried to pull the race card saying (and he probable got this from his parents) "You only did it 'cause I'm Mexican!"

The funny part is that the driver is named Alejandro Hernandez, he moved here from Mexico at 15 years old!!

He told some of the complainers there; I'm from Mexico, I know what Mexicans are -- I don't know WHAT you people are!