• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Soulwinning Teens and Young people

• Members

​This is telling them to go out and make disciples (as it were) and bring them in; not to go forth and drag the lost into the home of the saved. Notice those not properly dressed (unsaved) who showed up were kicked out.

"Church" is to be the gathering of the saints (saved folks) for edification, teaching and instruction in holy living and spreading the Gospel. The saints are then to go forth share the Gospel, bringing those who hear and receive into the gathering of believers. 

​John can you explain a little better of what you mean the church is only to be the gathering of the saints saved folks, this sounds as though you're saying someone that's lost is not allowed to enter into Gods House, I've seen Gods House on fire filled with sinners getting saved. so I don't quite understand what you're saying brother ,no ill intent brother

God Bless 

• Members

​John can you explain a little better of what you mean the church is only to be the gathering of the saints saved folks, this sounds as though you're saying someone that's lost is not allowed to enter into Gods House, I've seen Gods House on fire filled with sinners getting saved. so I don't quite understand what you're saying brother ,no ill intent brother

God Bless 

​The way that I understand it is the primary purpose for the local assembly is for edification of the saints.  While, getting saved at church or preaching to lost sinners is a wonderful secondary component...the primary purpose of worship services is for saved Christians to grow in the Lord, learn, etc.

• Members

God Bless 

​If I may be so bold, I know John is not saying what you perceived but I understand how you would read it that way.  Definitely a place in church for unbelievers...but the preacher's mission should be to instruct those that are saved to grow in the Lord.  While, scheduled "door knocking" would obviously be focused more towards giving the light to the unbelievers in the community.

• Members

God Bless 

​Dennis managed to answer what I would have posted. (Thank you Dennis!)

• Members

At our church, we create ways of reaching teens as well as all other age groups.  Many teens have been saved through an after school Bible study, and many activities are organized as ways to bring unsaved in to hear a gospel message and whatever other seeds our saved teens and others can sow.   We're seeing a steady growth in the area of teens serving the Lord after they get saved through our ministries, and some are seriously talking about wanting to become missionaries. 

• Members

God Bless 

​The assertion is correct according to 2 Cor.6:14.  The Bible is very clear on what is to go on in church.  And that doesn't include, bringing in heathens, debates (Rom 1), or women doing anything other than learning in silence.

• Members

God Bless 

​The assembling together of saints is intended to be just that, an assembly of the saved for corporate prayer, worship, preaching, teaching, edification, growth in Christ, preparation to live for Christ and spread the Gospel.

I didn't say an unsaved person couldn't enter a church, only that "church time" is primarily supposed to be an assembly of believers. In many churches this is neglected to the point many who sit in the pews are immature in the faith and remain so. In some churches the influence of the lost far outweighs the influence of the believers.

Sacrificing the assembly of the saints for massive mixing of the lost among the believers and giving focus to the lost deprives the believers of the needed time of separation from the world to be assembled with other believers before God so they may become rooted and grounded to live for the Lord and take the Gospel forth to the lost.

One of the reasons many don't soul win is because they have come to believe that's what church is for. Just tell someone to go to church and their "soul winning" duty is done. The primary purpose of the church is to be the training ground of the saints. As our military goes into training and assembles to be set forth to face what they must, so believers need to be trained in assembly and sent forth to do as they are called to.

• Members

In support of the boldness and creativity for serving the Lord expressed in the OP, I  think if I'll  keep the focus on the blessings and methods of reaching out to the lost with the gospel and seeds of the word of God, talking about real experiences and honest servant's heart desire to give ourselves to the Lord and His gospel, the Calvinists will be left in the dust of their dry intellectualisms.......and in that spirit, I'll relate my most recent witnessing encounter....

I was waiting in line at a fast food restaurant, some Christians from other churches were there...it was after the evening service on Sunday.....I said hello to the Christians from a Baptist church, while my friends were talking to a couple from a church of God or something like that...Pentecostals with a great testimony serving the Lord and praising Him through amazing trials of sicknesses...a man in line between me and the Baptists from another church said to me, "how are ya?", and I answered my usual "better than I deserve" in hope of stirring conversation in the gospel.  The man started arguing with me, telling me not to think that way, "we're all God's children", so I figured he was lost and tried to get him to see we deserve nothing good, and everything good is a gift from God, and anything better than the fire of Hell is good.  He said something like "oh, yes, everything's a gift, I lost it all LAST NIGHT when I had a stroke, and now it's given back to me".  I forgot to put tracts in my pocket that night, so I had to get one from my friends and I handed it to the man telling him God wants to give us eternal life....I figured the guy had a wake up call from God....he quickly told me he's a Christian and he loves everybody.....I said "so how could you argue with me saying we deserve good things?"  If he's a Christian, which I seriously doubt because all he wanted to talk about is his warm fuzzy feelings of love and not one word about the gospel...he was gushing all over a paramedic who stopped in for a snack, loving him and thanking him for being a paramedic but not one word about Jesus or the gospel......now I'm wishing I would have made a better contact and try to get the guy into church.....if he's saved, he sure has a story which he could use for a great testimony and he sure could have more effect for the gospel by telling others of God's love in Jesus Christ  rather than telling everybody how much he loves them himself.

• Moderators

God Bless 

Brother John  I don't know if you noticed my post back to you " which some haven't "

but I will post it again - Dennis answered before you but I felt you would answer the same I understood your post but I felt that some would take a chance to argue without understanding what you where saying  which is often done here is why I ask the question , thank you brother Dennis and you a as well brother John,in which should have ended   with this other than you posting back to me, maybe I should have PM  you, I had no intent of changing the post '' 

God bless and thank you for you answer 

​Stop, back up, re-read. He said Dennis gave the same answer that he (John81) would be re-typing to save you the trouble of referencing back and reading.

He told you the same each time you repeated yourself -- if he didn't respond that would be one thing, but he did.

If you want to respond based off of what Dennis said just as though it represents John's mindset -- go for it, John says that it does.

If you just want to act like the bratty kid who pesters his mama in order to get what he wants --------- KNOCK IT OFF!

• Moderators

God Bless 

​Dennis managed to answer what I would have posted. (Thank you Dennis!)

God Bless 

​Stop, back up, re-read. He said Dennis gave the same answer that he (John81) would be re-typing to save you the trouble of referencing back and reading.

He told you the same each time you repeated yourself -- if he didn't respond that would be one thing, but he did.

If you want to respond based off of what Dennis said just as though it represents John's mindset -- go for it, John says that it does.

If you just want to act like the bratty kid who pesters his mama in order to get what he wants --------- KNOCK IT OFF!

God Bless 

​????????????   REALLY!!!!!!!!??????

Okay,

1) Has your account been hacked?

2) Did you not see my post?

3) Is this really your intent?  It seems out of character from your earlier activities here.

• Members

Okay,

3) Is this really your intent?  It seems out of character from your earlier activities here.

It appears to me that something is not working with his quoting - his last post has his new comments inside a quote with John's name on it.

Either the quoting is not working with his browser, or he is doing something wrong with the quoting.

But I don't think he is doing it to be deliberately narky.

• Members

Okay,

​honesty brother I had no idea that this was repeated this many times , and I have no idea about the account being hacked but I will tell you that I did not post this again 5 hours ago but i did try to post back (Quote) to you earlier, I thought maybe my computer may have been the cause of the problem,I was unsure, and even said that I was sorry, and as far as the post I ask brother John there was no Ill intent whatsoever, and I repent of the question even being asked. I thought maybe some would want to argue his post and I hoped he would reply with the use of scripture, In which Brother Dennis I did and I have tried to think him and to kindly think Brother John for his post as well ,I have no idea as why this happened. I am resolved and don't no what else I can say, other than I am truly sorry this has happen.

Brother I feel that you saying I was acting like a bratty child and shouting at me was the wrong virtue used, and if you feel you have the desire to ban me then I'll not reject it knowing I have tried to do the right thing.

God bless my friend  

• Moderators

​honesty brother I had no idea that this was repeated this many times , and I have no idea about the account being hacked but I will tell you that I did not post this again 5 hours ago but i did try to post back (Quote) to you earlier, I thought maybe my computer may have been the cause of the problem,I was unsure, and even said that I was sorry, and as far as the post I ask brother John there was no Ill intent whatsoever, and I repent of the question even being asked. I thought maybe some would want to argue his post and I hoped he would reply with the use of scripture, In which Brother Dennis I did and I have tried to think him and to kindly think Brother John for his post as well ,I have no idea as why this happened. I am resolved and don't no what else I can say, other than I am truly sorry this has happen.

Brother I feel that you saying I was acting like a bratty child and shouting at me was the wrong virtue used, and if you feel you have the desire to ban me then I'll not reject it knowing I have tried to do the right thing.

God bless my friend  

​I stated:

If you intend .......

followed by

If you intend ........

not an automatic assumption that it is your intent.

Also, it was far outside of your general response pattern to just repeat the same question repeatedly which is why I asked if there was some outside problem or not (which you indicated there was). The caps and exclamation marks was a matter of incredulation, not volume.

That's the problem with written exchange vs vocal, no inflection and no facial or body language.