• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Please pray for Stoffel family

• Members

The Stoffel family from Neenah, WI are friends of ours.  The family was involved in a shooting on a hiking trail.  A man that was upset over his break up with his fiancé walked up to them and started shooting.  The father and oldest daughter were killed.  The mother was wounded and is in critical condition.  Their two other children were there but were uninjured.  The shooter killed another man and then himself.

John and Olivia are in heaven now.  Please pray for Erin and the two others kids, Ezra and Selah.

My wife was in youth group with John and Erin.  The first time I met John I was not saved yet and he witnessed to me in his backyard.  They are godly folks and love the Lord.

Edited by AdamL

• Members

Thank you for letting us know about this tragedy and the need for prayer for the rest of the family. We live in a world of woe and heartache and one day we will be reunited with our loved ones and fellow saints in the presence of the Lord.

"Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort. Who comforteth us all in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comfroted of God." 2 Corinthians 1:3 & 4

May God bring comfort and peace to Erin, Ezra and Selah.

Alan

• Members

Wanted to give an update.  My wife got word that Erin is in stable condition.  She has regained consciousness and is breathing on her own.

My wife also said she is having terrible flashbacks of what happened.

Please continue to pray.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Another update.  The funeral was last night.  Erin was able to go but she has not been released from the hospital yet.  They have been keeping her sedated a lot due to flashbacks.  She has been upgraded to good condition physically.  Dealing with a lot emotionally.  Please continue to pray.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

AdamL,

Thank you very much for the update on Erin. It is indeed a great blessing for Erin to be able to leave the hospital and be with her family once again. It is our prayer that as time passes the Lord will bring great comfort to her and her family.