• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Flow Freely Through

• Members

Long, long ago when I took college entrance exams, I scored "bonehead" level on the English portion. Throughout my high school years, English consisted of an "experimental" curriculum that majored on literature while grammar and writing skills were excluded. The last time I had any sentence structure education was for a time when I was in the 6th grade! That's sad! I suppose one benefit of reading literature though was that it familiarized me with Old English which in turn made the KJV very simple to read. Years later after I'd homeschooled our 4 kids with a Christian curriculum (I was a stay-at-home mom), I took the entrance exams again....and scored the level for English 1A! Interesting, huh? I didn't follow through with taking college English courses and so my writing skills, punctuation, grammar, and sentence structure leaves a lot to be desired. However, I do enjoy trying to express and verbalize the indepth things of my heart. The following poem is very simply written, yet is a very profound reflection from within.

Flow Freely Through

Sweet Jesus, I just don't understand

How people on this earth can cope

Untouched by the scars in Your hands

Living life without Heaven's hope.

It's You, Lord, that I want to please

Guide me in knowing what to do

For Your truth is what truly frees

Help me in my endeavors to share You.

There are so many that are lost

And my heart flutters with grief

For they do not consider the cost

Of how sin steals life like a thief.

I love these people so dear

Their sinful condition grieves You so

Please open their hearts to hear

That salvation they'd wonderfully know.

Father, please fill me with compassion

Grant me understanding and knowledge too

Help me to love them as does Your dear Son

In everything I think and say and do.

Place in my heart the words to say

May Your love flow freely through

Please give me wisdom, O Lord, I pray

That my life would brightly shine You.

WWMS

• Members

When I went to college (at the age of 54) I was required to take math and English comp classes.  The math class was a total waste of time but I loved the English comp class.

I had quit school after my freshman year in high school, so they were right I needed it and aced it.  I suppose you have noticed I use a lot of bad English in the things I write.  I do that because well, that's me, that's the class of people I come from and I see no reason to fake being somebody I am not.  When I preached for a year at the Oregon Trail Chapel, I wrote my sermons and delivered them in the same fashion. 

Don't know why I just went into all that except I just felt like talkin'.  Thanks friends, for puttin' up with me and my ways. -_-