• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hello

• Moderators

Why is that a warning? What did he do?

Leonard, it's old history. He was here before and was banned for breaking board rules. He was trying to come back by creating a new username, but was showing no remorse for his previous actions or any indication that he intended to change his behavior. That's not cool. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Here's an answer for you: if you're back with BroMatt's approval, then howdy and welcome. But as OFP cautioned, circumspection might be in order....If you really don't know the reason for your previous banning, mayhap you should pm the mod who banned you or pm BroMatt and ask.

It might behoove you not to bait the mods...

Anyway, welcome back. 

• Members

Dear Jeffrey2.O, or, should I say, "RESIDENT LIBERAL," Resident Liberal was your previous name was it not?

"But the liberal deviseth liberal things; and by liberal things shall he stand." Isaiah 32:8

I am a somewhat new member of Online Baptist and had to do quite a lot of research on previous threads that you posted on. It was disgusting reading your posts, your interpretation of scripture, and resentful attitude. I personallly hope that one of these days Matt takes down your posts and puts them in the garbage can where they belong. Your previous posts were the marks of spiritual garbage and disgusting to read. Maybe Matt is waiting on you to ask them to be taken down?

Your previous posting on,"In Defence of Alcohol: God's Blessing to Man," and your snide comments on the King James Version, and your twisted perversion of it with the Jehovah's Witnesses version, was a subtle attack on the King James Version. Your previous moniker, "Resident Liberal," fit your posts to a "T." 

After reading your posts I came to the conclusion that you needed to be banned as you twisted scripture to fit you own filthy sins, berated good brethren in the process, and, apparently: thinking that holiness, righteousness and morality is a joke, berated those saints who are trying to cleanse themselves of the sins of the flesh. Some of the saints are sincerely trying to be holy in their character and daily walk with the Lord Jesus and are not hypocrites, Pharisees, or, in the current term, legalists.

You were not only trying to justify the drinking of alcohol in a Christian forum, twisting scripture to justify your sin, trying to prove that God is all for your filthy sins, but are trying to cause weaker brethren to drink alcohol. Shame on you. You need to repent. As all of your posts have been read in a public forum you to need to publicly repent. And, may I add, to be sincere. It would help your walk with the Lord Jesus if you, publicly and sincerely, apologized to each saint you berated. the disharmony that you created was unwarrented.

I think you know exactly why you were banned and to try and insinuate that it was the moderators problem is very insincere, and hypocitical. If it was Luanne, she was only doing her job. And, quite frankly, she did a very good job and needs to be publicly commended for it. As I found out in your previous posts, you are a very subtle person and is the way you trypically operate. As a bystander, it apears to me that your  innocent attitude in your previous post is not innocent at all and is, at this point, hypocritical. It appears to be a subtle effort to sneak back into OnLine Baptist in order to cause further unwanted discussions and cause further disharmony among brethren. 

You need to publicly renounce your previous posts and apologize for your berating of those saints who tried to rebuke you for your liberal (sinful), ways. Then, maybe, felloship can be restored, the brethren will let you return with open arms, and new folks like me will accept you, and be open to honest, may I repeat, honest, discussions pertinent to the saints. 

As Isaiah 32:8 has been a blessing to me personally, permit me to a second time to repeat it, "But the liberal deviseth liberal things; and by liberal things he shall stand." Think about what Isaiah said and the things you believe.

Edited by Alan
capitalization

• Members

Specifically Allen, where was I wrong in my defense of alcohol? Can you exegete for me the passages that I used in my defense to show me where I'm wrong? Start with these verses

Deuteronmy 14:26

Isaiah 25:6

Isaiah 55:1

“There are some who have no understanding to hear the truth of liberty and insist upon their goodness as means for salvation. These people you must resist, do the very opposite, and offend them boldly lest by their impious views they drag many with them into error. For the sake of the liberty of the faith do other things which they regarded as the greatest of sins….Use your freedom constantly and consistently in the sight of and despite the tyrants and the stubborn so that they also may learn that they are impious, that their laws and works are of no avail for righteousness, and that they had no right to set them up.”

Martin Luther

Edited by Jeffrey2.0

• Members

Jeffery,

I am not going to get in a verbal confrontation with you on any subject, repeat, any subject. "The words of the wicked are to lie in wait for blood: but the mouth of the upright shall be delivered them." Proverbs 12:6 I do not care to be baited by you.

My post stands as I have written. You have shown no remorse for your open sin in the sight of God and man. It is my hope that the moderators of OnLine Baptist ban you again until you repent.

"The beginning of strife is as when one letteth out water: therefore leave off contention, before it is meddled with." Proverbs 17:14

"Go from the presenceof a foolish man, when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge." Proverbs 14:7

• Members

Jeffery,

I am not going to get in a verbal confrontation with you on any subject, repeat, any subject. "The words of the wicked are to lie in wait for blood: but the mouth of the upright shall be delivered them." Proverbs 12:6 I do not care to be baited by you.

My post stands as I have written. You have shown no remorse for your open sin in the sight of God and man. It is my hope that the moderators of OnLine Baptist ban you again until you repent.

"The beginning of strife is as when one letteth out water: therefore leave off contention, before it is meddled with." Proverbs 17:14

"Go from the presenceof a foolish man, when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge." Proverbs 14:7

​Because you are afraid to see truth?? I have Scripture and 2,000 years of  church history on my side Allan, What do you have? American Evangelicism? I won't repent for no sin that I have not committed. Our very Lord drank alcohol, Luke 7:33-34, used it as sermon illustration, Matthew 9 14-17. ALCOHOL IS NOT SINFUL!!! DRUNKENESS IS!!!

Also, I never attacked the KJV, only the worship of it.

• Moderators

Wow, you're really stuck on that alcohol thing, Jeffrey! Did you really come back here just to push that?  BTW, you were never banned for your stance on alcohol. You were banned for baiting and ignoring moderator instruction. Scriptural reasoning behind that would be Proverbs 10:17, Proverbs 13:18, and Titus 3:9-10. Oh, and Proverbs 22:10. Happy?

I had put you on a temporary suspension to give BroMatt a chance to review your case - and for you to ask him for that. However, as you seem still to not have done so, this time it will be permanent. It is a serious thing to be banned from a forum, and one should not have the attitude that they can come and go as they like after.