• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why Israel attacks on Syria?

• Members

It's difficult to tell just what's really going on in the Middle East. As reported in the news our own government is either misleading or outright lying to us with regards to just what our forces are doing and accomplishing (or failing to accomplish) in the Middle East.

If Israel launched strikes against the Syrian army which hampered their fight against ISIS that would be to Israel's potential hurt rather than good. That fact should prompt some thought over the matter.

While I have no doubt Israel very much opposes Russia sending air defenses to Iran, and they might want to signal such in a strong way, I wouldn't link that to what's occurred (or is occurring) in Ukraine. Israel upset Obama by refusing to condemn Russian actions with regards to Ukraine. Israel stated what was going on between Russia and Ukraine was a local, distant matter which had no impact upon Israeli interests.

There is so much disinformation coming out of the region, coupled with lies and propaganda by virtually every nation involved, it's difficult to know with certainty many of the details.

My guess, and that's all it would be at this time, is Israel may show disapproval of the arms deal with Iran in some manner but I don't think they would link that to Ukraine nor do I think they would do so in a manner which would directly or indirectly help ISIS.