• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

1Timothy115

Comment On Current Debate

This is beginning to drift from comments on a "dispy" / "non-dispy" debate, to what is ALMOST (not quite, but getting closer than needs be) becoming a "literal rendering" / "coveys the message" type of yammer (though restricted to interpretation of text while retaining the same language).  Time to reign yourselves in.

OK - I've got enough comments to make my final post in the debate.

This is beginning to drift from comments on a "dispy" / "non-dispy" debate, to what is ALMOST (not quite, but getting closer than needs be) becoming a "literal rendering" / "coveys the message" type of yammer (though restricted to interpretation of text while retaining the same language).  Time to reign yourselves in.

Brother "Old Fashioned Preacher,"

I certainly respect the authority of your corrective above as coming from a moderator of the forum.  However, I am not at all certain that I am understanding the corrective itself.  Specifically, I am not certain that I understand your meaning in the phrase, "a 'literal rendering' / 'coveys the message' type of yammer."  At the present time, I am thinking that this phrase is referring to the discussion and debate that has arisen in this thread over the method of Bible study.  For my sake, would you be willing to provide a greater explanation and clarification as to your meaning in the corrective; for I certainly do not wish to cross any lines in the forum, and thereby sin against the rules and authority of the forum.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Brother "Old Fashioned Preacher,"

I certainly respect the authority of your corrective above as coming from a moderator of the forum.  However, I am not at all certain that I am understanding the corrective itself.  Specifically, I am not certain that I understand your meaning in the phrase, "a 'literal rendering' / 'coveys the message' type of yammer."  At the present time, I am thinking that this phrase is referring to the discussion and debate that has arisen in this thread over the method of Bible study.  For my sake, would you be willing to provide a greater explanation and clarification as to your meaning in the corrective; for I certainly do not wish to cross any lines in the forum, and thereby sin against the rules and authority of the forum.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

PM in transit

I haven't logged in for some time, and have only looked at the actual debate thread itself.

The reason for this is that Covenanter, Invicta, and Genevan Preacher, were previously getting away with blue murder in their false teaching and misrepresentation.

It is apparent from this thread also that they are still simply allowed to push their vile false doctrines, and Genevan Preacher in particular has posted nothing in the last two pages of this thread except what can only be seen as personal attacks against brother Scott.

Add to this the misrepresentations of Bother Scott that both Covenanter and Invicta have added to Genevan Preacher's personal attacks, and there you have the reason that I have not logged on here, and why you will rarely, if ever again see me posting here.

I am disgusted that this can be allowed on a site that proclaims itself to be Independent Fundamental Baptist.

Liars and false teachers are allowed to do as they please, and good solid people are leaving because of it.

I have copied out the Debate thread and it will be invaluable in showing the ridiculous arguments and twisted interpretation that these replacement, covenant theologist cranks push.

And just so that I am plain about this - Covenanter, Invicta, and Genevan Preacher, the false teachers and liars referred to above can answer any way they like - I will not be back to visit this thread and read it so I don't care what you say about me.

Thanks, @BroMatt for agreeing to the debate & providing the format, & thanks to all for their contributions in this thread. 

I trust you have been blessed, whether you agree or not. I've found it helpful in my understanding of God's Word. 

Speaking of Dispensationalism - go to mybrethren.org and look up Edward Dennett and his testimony of why he, a Baptist minister, became a member of the Brethren movement. Then you will understand, not only why some of us are against dispyism, but what Baptists back then believed. And it wasn't dispyism.

[I miss you Covenanter.]

Edited by Genevanpreacher

Speaking of Dispensationalism - go to mybrethren.org and look up Edward Dennett and his testimony of why he, a Baptist minister, became a member of the Brethren movement. Then you will understand, not only why some of us are against dispyism, but what Baptists back then believed. And it wasn't dispyism.

I looked up E Dennett, and found it hard to follow his views at times, especially on appointment of bishops/elders.  He said, if I understand him correctly, in scripture they were always appointed by apostles, or those appointed by apostles. When I was in the Brethren, I had no idea how elders were selected, I thought they were self perpetuating.   We never had a church meeting.  

[I miss you Covenanter.]

I Sam 20:18, last half of verse.