• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Comment On Current Debate

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Speaking of Dispensationalism - go to mybrethren.org and look up Edward Dennett and his testimony of why he, a Baptist minister, became a member of the Brethren movement. Then you will understand, not only why some of us are against dispyism, but what Baptists back then believed. And it wasn't dispyism.

[I miss you Covenanter.]

Edited by Genevanpreacher

• Members

Speaking of Dispensationalism - go to mybrethren.org and look up Edward Dennett and his testimony of why he, a Baptist minister, became a member of the Brethren movement. Then you will understand, not only why some of us are against dispyism, but what Baptists back then believed. And it wasn't dispyism.

I looked up E Dennett, and found it hard to follow his views at times, especially on appointment of bishops/elders.  He said, if I understand him correctly, in scripture they were always appointed by apostles, or those appointed by apostles. When I was in the Brethren, I had no idea how elders were selected, I thought they were self perpetuating.   We never had a church meeting.  

[I miss you Covenanter.]

I Sam 20:18, last half of verse.