• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Hand

• Members

Ezekiel 1649 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

Notice it says nothing about "giving alms" or welfare. it says "strengthen the hand". I believe the hand, in the Word of God, speaks of our abilities; it's how we "do" things;  It's what we use to "work". What made me think of this was a "meme" I just saw on Facebook. https://scontent-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/s851x315/11159521_1058194100907385_6059812711479116386_n.jpg?oh=696d5f7282de7e43a67205fda012e319&oe=559D206F

...and I was thinking. You know, the only reason most of these "hispanic" descendents of the Native Americans come here is for an opportunity for a better life than what they have in Central America and Mexico. They're here to stay. I would suggest that the very root, of our economy, is in agriculture. Without it our country would grind to screeching halt very quickly. I know much of it is high tech and mechanized with stuff like hormones, genetic engineering, drone field surveillance and GPS guided tractors. But there is still a lot of "grunt" labor which has to be done; and not just in agriculture.. Back when I was a kid, we "white kids" and "black kids" did a lot of the manual  labor. But I beleive there is a higher percentage of the present generation who have not been conditioned, raised, to do those things. How often do you see a fat Mexican? Anyway, America is on the verge of being a modern-day Sodom. We're already there. Would it be better if "conservatives" found a way to "strengthen the hand of the poor and needy", instead of alienating them? Not only that, but the consequences of not doing it include them later voting for wicked liberals like Obama or Hillary, who are really just in it for the votes and the power. What do ya think?

Edited by heartstrings

• Members

Hispanics already vote mostly for liberal Dems. President Bush the Second received the highest percentage of Hispanic voters of any Repub presidential candidate but that was still under half. Since then, a much lower percentage of Hispanics have voted Repub.

Some Hispanics come to America to work and become Americans. A far larger percentage come to America to take advantage of our liberal welfare system. The impact of high Hispanic immigration has been a major drain upon resources in many areas.

The fact is, not country, not even America, can take in huge numbers of immigrants year after year and maintain itself. Eventually the high influx of immigrants becomes such a drain the economy and resources shrink. High immigration rates also encourage immigrants to not assimilate. Multiple millions living in a country they hold not allegiance to is a great problem and recipe for disaster.

At some points America did a better job in the past with regards to regulating immigration so as for such to be beneficial to America as well as for the immigrants. For the last several decades America has not handled immigration well. This has resulted in millions illegally entering the country and being allowed to stay, on top of the high number of legal immigrants allowed in which is poorly regulated. A well regulated immigration policy takes into account the needs of America, as well as the needs immigrants have upon entering America. Opening the door to millions of uneducated immigrants who flood the welfare rolls isn't good for us or them. This is why there are so many Hispanic ghettos today, a huge and growing Hispanic gang problem, and a huge and growing number of Hispanics in many State, as well as the Federal prison system.

We, as individual Christians are called to help the poor and needy; first of all our brothers/sisters in Christ, then others as we can. This doesn't mean just making a cash donation to a food pantry or soup kitchen. Prior to the last half of the 20th century Christians were the main source of aid and assistance to those in need. Christians provided hospitals, care centers, food, education, training, and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Unfortunately, when the government decided to take over these areas many Christians let them. Today it's common to hear Christians say their taxes provide for the poor and needy so they don't need to do any more. That's not scriptural.

Even in the case of Israel, they were indeed called to help the needy in their midst, which first of all applied to their brethren, then to the others in their midst. Yet even then God never commanded or advised Israel to open her borders to the poor and needy of the world and provide for them. The Lord has always put forth the principle of separation and limited acceptance of "others" in His peoples midst.

There are plenty of fat, lazy Mexicans in a small city about 40 miles from here. They've taken over a neighborhood, fly Mexican flags from their porches, sit around drinking and blasting Mexican music while taking advantage of every welfare program available.

At the same time, in a small town about 20 miles from here there are several Mexican families living there which are employed, good workers and are assimilating into America. There is one Mexican family in the small town I live in and they are good people, work for a living and are part of the community.

God didn't direct nations to care for the poor, God called for His people in all nations to care for the poor where they are.