• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Tragedy

John81

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Well I just received a phone call from the high school principal and Tim has been expelled for 10 days pending a board hearing. According to him the policy the board must follow means Tim will be expelled completely at the board hearing.

There is some form of alternative school, where they send the trouble makers, that Tim can attend if he goes through a psychiatric evaluation (and passes) at a hospital 90 some miles from here. If we were to go that route, he would have to attend that school for one year with no problems before he would be allowed to return to the regular high school.

Earlier today I spoke with the Christian home in Missouri and they said it will take them about 5-10 business days to process things and set up an interview with us.

This Christian home has their own Christian school, church, etc. They have job assignments for everyone, everyone must attend school, chapel, and there are various Bible study groups and other programs and helps.

Will pray that the Christian home gets back with you asap, and that the social worker will back off and let you do what you think is best for your son.

• Members
Well' date=' it's not likely right at this point, but I hope being expelled gives him a bit of a jolt. John, do you think Tim wants to go to the Christian home?[/quote']

Well, I basically told him he could choose to go to the Christian home if we can get him in there or he could refuse and let the police or social workers choose some place for him to go. He chose the Christian home.

I pray the social workers won't try to block us from sending him to the Christian home or try to cause any other kind of trouble for us; like taking Tim away or anything else.

• Members

We'll have to have another talk, or more, with him. He really wants to stay here, but we don't really see that as an option that's good for him, or anyone else really, at this time. That's why I told him he could choose the Christian home or the police or social workers would choose a place for him (foster home, detention center, boys home, jail,).

Once it sinks in that he can't return to high school I think that will make it a bit easier for him to accept...I hope.

• Administrators

John, I think it's a good sign that he wants to stay at home. Perhaps he thinks he will be able to continue to get away with things, but I think deep down inside he's scared. He is still a little boy, even though he's almost 15. He's trying to be older than he is by being tough and defiant. My heart goes out to you and your wife - and both of your boys. Each of you is hurting in different ways. Know that the God of all comfort is with you, my friend.

• Members

[quote="HappyChristian"]John, I think it's a good sign that he wants to stay at home. Perhaps he thinks he will be able to continue to get away with things, but I think deep down inside he's scared. He is still a little boy, even though he's almost 15. He's trying to be older than he is by being tough and defiant. My heart goes out to you and your wife - and both of your boys. Each of you is hurting in different ways. Know that the God of all comfort is with you, my friend.[/quote]

Thank you so much. Your words, prayers and friendship are a true blessing.

Yes...LuAnne, I was thinking the same thing myself. John...I will keep you ALL in constant prayer. May Our gracious God and Saviour...lead, guide, and direct you and your wife. :pray May God bless you with this whole situation.

• Members

I can't imagine....I know but for the grace of God I may be here someday, I hope not....but feeling for your troubles very deeply as I have boys that are strong willed...and I know you must be so hurt right now, and hopeless feeling. God will work this out...
:pray

I can't imagine....I know but for the grace of God I may be here someday, I hope not....but feeling for your troubles very deeply as I have boys that are strong willed...and I know you must be so hurt right now, and hopeless feeling. God will work this out...
:pray

I have a "strong-willed" son myself. Just like both of his parents. :smile

:hijack: He just applied to Ohio University, tonight. :eek Down in Athens, OH. He was all set up to go to OSU. OSU, Miami (of OH)...and now OU? Those are his choices in order of preference... VIA his dad...b/c his dad is paying the tuition. I was very comfortable with Miami. hehe. I need some prayers...as well. :smile You know...stock-pile them in advance? LOL.

We all need a "direct pipeline" up to the Lord Jesus Christ. Well...as my pastor says, we forget about what God does for us ALL...on His own...in His own timing. :pray :Bible:

• Members

I can't begin to list you all by name, but you know who you are since you've been making the posts here :Green , but I want you all to know how much it means to me that you care, are moved by this, and are in prayer for us.

I've received such a large amount of encouragement from y'all, as has my wife as she really appreciates all your prayers as well.

Just knowing y'all are praying for us gives us a greater sense of hope and helps to strengthen me through all of this and to keep my eye on Jesus, my Rock and my Shield.

Thank you all so very, very much!!!

• Members

if he expelled and you decided not to send him to a home. You could talk to the social worker into homeschooling again.
Personally, I think it's better than sending him to a school for trouble boys.. but I don't know.

i agree that could be that he is scared and don't know how to pick up the pieces he broken. It might help if you tell him we'll try again tomorrow and have a fresh start and forget what happen today. but I don't know. My own son gets in a cycle where once he got himself in trouble, he doesn't know how to end it. It like he feels bad that he got himself into it in the first place and just basically want to give up trying, probably just want to hide forever or something. He's a real nervous little guy. I usually give him award sheet though (he is 7 years old) and it seem to help him alot.