• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

It can't happen?

• Members

I hear so many people say, "It can't happen.  Nobody is that stupid."  Unfortunately it may not come down to stupidity but a lack of knowledge as to what your enemy is doing.  Russia cannot tell if we are playing war games or really making war with our nukes.  They could guess wrong and we are incinerated.  Part of a discussion at M.I.T:

• Members

Thankfully we aren't near any major targets for a nuclear strike so we won't be incinerated even if a nuke war erupts. However, that means we'll be left to figure out how to survive afterwards. Praise God that I can trust Him after a nuke war just as before.

• Members

Thankfully we aren't near any major targets for a nuclear strike so we won't be incinerated even if a nuke war erupts. However, that means we'll be left to figure out how to survive afterwards. Praise God that I can trust Him after a nuke war just as before.

​Surely the safest place for a believer in the event of a nuclear strike IS within the strike zone.

• Members

​Surely the safest place for a believer in the event of a nuclear strike IS within the strike zone.

​If we want a quick trip to heaven it is!

While that would be great, I prefer the idea of surviving to help others by sharing Christ and helping them survive as best as possible.

Thankfully I'm ready whenever the angels are sent to take me home.

• Members

Hmmm...makes me wonder, I've probably forgotten exactly what is the pecking order for targets.

I just took a look at some threat mapsfor the USA (no assurance they are accurate).

​No doubt in a full out nuclear attack virtually everyone in America would be effected by the aftermath even if they were many miles from any actual impact. Such effects could be minimal for some, devastating for others. Either way, survival after a full nuclear strike would be a very serious matter as quick and easy food and water sources quickly dwindle. Folks would have to become hunter-gatherers in order to eat, drink and survive; or become bandits and steal from others.

Praise God our Lord supplies our needs!

• Members

That's very true. I've heard people that think they could hide in a basement while a major city was nuked, and then come out and go about life as usual afterward. Very uninformed thinking!

Many also only consider the immediate effects of a nuclear strike. To them, if they are not in the blast zone, they are safe and well. They fail to consider nuclear fallout and the long term ramifications of a nuclear strike over a large area, far outside the initial blast area.