• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

God Made Music

• Members

God Made Music

God is the great Maker and creator of music. His LOVE has caused my ears to hear much more beautiful music than what man could ever think of making. Have you ever heard a songbird whistling or tweeting or warbling off key? Nay, but tis nary a bird that does not sing without the purity and tone that is "right on pitch". Have you wondered about the sound of tiny minute little seeds and flower petals being carried about by a soft and gently blowing breeze? How about the sound of trees that are "clapping their hands" and the volume of "the mountains and the hills [that] shall break forth into singing"? Consider what it surely must be like for someone that is deaf having their ears opened for the first time, and the sound of a newly born babe with its wee little helpless and innocent cry. Listen to the babbling brook as the water ripples across moss-covered rocks, and hear the soft footsteps in freshly fallen snow. Smile at the sound of a child giggling with glee, and then become subdued to "hear" teardrops dripping down the face of a grieving one. Listen carefully to hear a comb as it slides through silky shiny soft hair, and know the sound of the snapping and crackling of a cozy warm fire. What about the sound of the sniffing of the aroma of sweetness coupled with the sound of cookies sizzling and almost silently baking in the oven? Watch and listen to people greet each other with adoration after a long absense from one another, and imagine the sound that an oar makes as a rowboat is gently being propelled through water. There is the more obvious sound of a large crowd of fans clapping and cheering on athletes in their race, and there is the sound of great relief when a wayward or lost child has finally been found. Have you stood at the side of a child's bed and listened to a child all tucked in safely and sleeping peacefully? Consider the anxious family sighing with audible relief when the surgeon has informed them that their loved one has come safely through surgery, and then notice the almost inaudible sound of a butterfly's wings. Have you thought of the feeble and time-worn voice of an old one sharing stories about "way back when"? How about the pitter patters of raindrops upon a metal roof, and the soft gasping in delight at the sight of a falling star that races towards the earth in the dark sky? What a blessing it is to hear the sound of a little child singing even if a tiny bit off key, and hear the depths of a soul that is crying out to the Saviour with repentance and reaching out to accept the gift of salvation. Have you not considered the sound of the beating of your own heart on occasion? How about the sound of silence; that time of quiet and stillness?

There are so many, many sounds that we can hear, and what a wonderful blessing it is to have ears to hear and to receive those sounds. The sweetest sound of all though is the sound of our Saviour, our Lord Jesus! If we would but ask that His Holy Spirit would speak to us, we would hear His sweetness in every word of the blessed Book. The heart that is full of His presence is compelled to speak and live the sound of His loveliness, and to share the greatness and reassuring vastness of His love. It is surely true that the very fragrance of His breath emits a sound that far surpasses the sound of a choir of heavenly angels. Our heavenly Father is the very essence of pure and delightful and blessed music, and He abundantly gives the songs of faith, hope, joy, and love to all those who will accept Him.

Take time often to bend ear to hear His majestic sovereignty and His caresses of love. With Him, life is a symphony of sounds that we simply cannot comprehend this side of Heaven, yet indeed we have the experiences of His presence and joy within our hearts. There simply is no comfort like the sounds of Heaven on earth, and so tis so very true that God has so beautifully and awesomely made music, and the notes of it as being like that wonderful eternal beating of our hearts gloriously indwelt by Him.              (WWMS - 4/22/15)

Edited by WellWithMySoul
incorrect spelling

• Members

There was a Bluegrass group back in the early 80's called the Pell Brothers who sang a song titled, "My God Writes the Words to the Song That The Robin Sings"  I loved that song.  Wish I could remember the words to it.

But, it is not just robins that sing, not just birds.  But animals and brooks as well.  And the trees of the field clap their hands!

• Members

There was a Bluegrass group back in the early 80's called the Pell Brothers who sang a song titled, "My God Writes the Words to the Song That The Robin Sings"  I loved that song.  Wish I could remember the words to it.

But, it is not just robins that sing, not just birds.  But animals and brooks as well.  And the trees of the field clap their hands!

​God made the crow as well as the nightingale and he loves to hear the both.  

So if your singing is flat, or even almost monotone, God loves to hear you singing his praises.  

• Members

My wife used to have a book that had a chorus which went something like this.  (The book seems to have been lost.)

• If a little bird can sing God's praise,
  • Trusting him for daily food
  • I too can praise  him all my days
  • Who is to me so kind good.

The tune was reputed to be by a blackbird.

• Members

What a blessing it was as I wrote "God Made Music"!  There are so many wonderful "sounds" in this world that we either just don't think about or else we take for granted.  Seemingly "small" things can mount to giant blessings if we'd just take pause to consider God's ways!  So very often the Lord doesn't "speak" to us through "fire or earthquake or the wind", but "speaks" sweetly, gently, and softly in a very still and small "voice"!  Sometimes we may get so busy in this life even being about the Father's business that the noise and clutter of this world may threaten to distract us so that we miss "hearing" HIM!  As we "pray without ceasing", we ought also to savor the "sound" of Him!  Even as I sit here trying to type up this post I'm struggling to verbalize my thoughts, but I'm so glad that the Saviour knows, for He is the greatest "interpreter" of the heart!  Oh that we'd have ears to hear, and hearts meet to receive the fullness of His joy...  

• Members

I like the way our blackbirds whistle for a  few seconds, & wait for a response from a rival. I challenge them by whistling in response, & we can get a conversation going ... sometimes I win, as the blackbird realises he cannot compete ....