• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Prayer for me please

• Administrators

I have had an unexpected family emergency come up. I live in Northern California and have just got word about a double life threatening medical problem regarding my sister and her husband in Florida.

I’ll try to be short in my explanation. My sister’s husband has been going through difficult medical problems for a couple of years, resulting in five by-pass procedures. He also has Diabetes which, unfortunately he does not take seriously. He eats whatever he wants and tries to make up for it with insulin. This is a recipe for disaster. They also think he may have had a stroke at one time when he fell.

His condition has deteriorated to where he cannot function physically or mentally. He cannot walk around the house without a walker, and recently started falling. He is now in the hospital for the fifth time in as many months. His legs are like balloons and his kidneys have failed totally. He cannot concentrate on you if you talk to him and does not even respond in a normal manner. He is on some kind of breathing system and they want to tube feed him now.

My sister has her own medical problems that seem quite sever. She cannot walk very far without a walker and falls a lot and can’t get up. My brother said she is now having some kind of problem where her legs are oozing fluid. This coupled with the emotional strain of trying to deal with both her husbands’ emergencies and her own is taking its toll to the point where she can no longer make any rational decisions.

My sister that lives here in Northern California and I are responding to this emergency situation by leaving tomorrow morning for the long drive to Florida to help in any manner possible. It just seems like they need outside help from family since both of their medical situations have become life threatening. Flying is impossible on such short notice, so the only other option is to drive. I think we can be there in three days.

I write all of this to ask for prayer for both me and my family in this situation. I wrote the details in case anyone praying for us wants to be specific in prayer.Both my sister and her husband in Florida are saved and I thank the Lord for that. Now it just remains for us to be there to help in any way possible.

I think I will have limited Internet access on our trip and if possible will try to update as I can. We are planning for about two weeks away from home for both traveling and helping out when we get there.

Please pray for us.

• Members

Tears are welling up with the weight of this burden that you have, brother Jim.  Even though the tears are uncomfortable, I praise the Lord for them...for they cause it to be necessary for me to run to our dear Lord and lift the burdens up to Him.  What a wonderful and comforting thing it is to remember that "Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly ABOVE all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us"!  I pray also for journey's mercies as you make the long drive there and back, and that the trip itself will be a time of blessing for you.  Constantly I refer to James 1:5, and so I will also pray for wisdom for you and the sister going with you as you help make decisions.

• Administrators

Thank you MC and WWMS. As an "aside" WWMS, the actual trip may be a blessing in disguise because the sister I am making the trip with is not saved. Could you say "a captive audience"?  In the past she has voiced her thoughts regarding my Christianity, in that she can see a difference between me and some other "so called" Christians she has known. For an unbeliever she was favorably impressed.

• Administrators

Adding now your sisters salvation on the trip to your family in Florida.  So...you have a relative in Maine as well?  Alaska, California, Florida...you need only Maine covered...and one out in Hawaii to have all your U.S. Bases covered.

​I am originally from Gloucester, Mass. Does that count for having all the bases covered?

• Administrators

Thank you one and all for your Christian concern and especially your prayers. This is probably my last post before I leave early tomorrow morning. I can't tell you, although I am sure you all know, how much fervent prayer from Christian family is appreciated.

May God richly bless you all.

• Members

Brother Jim...even though you are on the road even now...I wanted to remind you that I'm lifting you and your family up in prayer.  Indeed, I'm praying for you as you travel and visit with your sister....that the Lord will give you all utterance as you testify to her of the Saviour!