• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hundreds of migrants drowned in Med

• Members

News reports say that 400 migrants, including children, drowned when their boat capsized.  145 were rescued by Italian authorities.  It is believed that 1000 have drowned this month.  Italian ships have rescued 10,000 this year.  Over 15,000 have arrived in Italy this year.  tens of thousands are waiting in Libya to try to cross the Med.  The Italian Northern League, a far right group, says they should not be rescued as it only encourages others to try.  

Meanwhile Greece is setting up reception centres on the mainland to cater for those who arrive on the Greek Islands.

In Calais there are said to be about 1,900 would be migrants wanting to get to the UK..  Eleven or more travelled tho the UK inside a tanker and jumped out while it was travelling on the M20 motorway. 

• Members

I have been silent so far because I didn't want to appear cruel and heartless maybe even "unchristian" but I think this latest revelation (which is no surprise) has pushed me over the edge.  If, and I say if, I picked any of the Muslim aliens out of the water I throw them back on the North African beaches where they came from.  This whole stupid business of letting those murdering pack of followers of that murderer Mohammad do not belong among civilized human beings. :angry:

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/04/16/europe/italy-migrants-christians-thrown-overboard/index.html

• Members

I have been silent so far because I didn't want to appear cruel and heartless maybe even "unchristian" but I think this latest revelation (which is no surprise) has pushed me over the edge.  If, and I say if, I picked any of the Muslim aliens out of the water I throw them back on the North African beaches where they came from.  This whole stupid business of letting those murdering pack of followers of that murderer Mohammad do not belong among civilized human beings. :angry:

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/04/16/europe/italy-migrants-christians-thrown-overboard/index.html

​`They are people for whom Christ died.

Another boat with about 700 passengers sank today with very few rescued.  Some survivors said it was worth risking their lives and those of their children.  Some of these people said they paid 1000 euros to people traffickers to get on these boats.  

IS said that Christians live in peace under their regime providing they pay the tax for unbelievers.  On the other hand, IS in Libya have murdered 30 Ethiopian Christians, some beheaded on a beach in Libya and the others shot.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Today it was reported that 105,000 immigrants have reached Europe so far this year, and over 2,000 have drowned.  It was also reported in the news that millions of pounds wort of food is being trashed as it has been carried in trucks which have been found to contain illegal immigrants and therefore the food is considered contaminated.  They say there are thousands of immigrants around Calais, hoping to get to England.  We were in Calais today and there are nowhere as many visible as there were.  You used to groups of them hanging around roads leading to the port but not now.  The port of Calais is now surrounded with a double high fence both sections have coiled barbed wire on top.  We noticed today that they are extending that along the sides of the autoroute leading to the port where trucks often have to slow down as they queue for the port and immigrants tried to jump the trucks. As we returned to the port we did see an immigrant camp to the right of the road but there were nowhere as many there as there were in previous camps. They were also surrounded by armed police with rifles at the ready.  These were the Police Nationale, the CRS, the French riot police, not people to upset.

• Members

On the local news this evening was a report showing a truck being boarded by Immigrants on the main highway leading into the port at Calais. The film was taken by passengers on a coach behind the truck.  There bus was surrounded by dozens of would be immigrants and the passengers took the  videos on their phones.  It shows them forcing the doors open and a number of them jumping aboard and others were still trying to get aboard as the truck drove away to the port.     The amount of food being thrown away as contaminated after it has been in trucks carrying stowaways is said to be worth £2,000,000 per month That's about $3,000,000 give or take.

One driver said he no longer crosses from Calais  after he was found to have.illegals on board.  They can be fined £2000 for each illegal.  Originally they could also have their vehicle confiscated, but I  think the govt. dropped that as we would probably end up with no haulage industry.

It was also said on the news that France has closed its border to immigrants coming from Italy, and other countries have also.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Last week a day long  strike by French ferry workers caused havoc in France with hundreds of trucks held up waiting to get into the port were broken into by illegal immigrants trying to get to the UK. 

For the last three days they have been on strike again.  Although the French police have mainly protected trucks. They have still managed to block the port and  set the train tracks leading to the channel tunnel on fire.    English police would not allow either to happen here.  

On this side of the channel, there are so many trucks queuing to get to the channel ports and tunnel, they have closed  26 miles of the main highway to the ports, the M20 and using it as a giant truck park.  There were over 5000 trucks on the highway this afternoon and more arriving all the time.  This on the hottest day of the year and the hottest July 1st ever recorded.  Thousands of bottles of water and snack meals have been issued by the local government.   Porta loos are also being installed.  

• Members

Mr 13:8 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows.

is this the beginnings of sorrows ? we've got wars quakes famines

• Members

Mr 13:8 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows.

is this the beginnings of sorrows ? we've got wars quakes famines

When haven't we had wars, quakes and famines?

• Members

My Daughter and her husband, 5 children and the eldest one's fiancée arrived back home from a fortnight in Normandy this morning.  Because they had to be back home today, They were due to travel from Calais today, but because they had to be home today, they had to book an overnight crossing from Caen to Portsmouth,  An eight hour crossing instead of a 90 minute one.  Their original booking was non cancelable and they had to make a new booking with a different ferry company.  It was much more expensive and they are hoping to be able to claim on their travel insurance.  We are hoping to go for a day trip next week.  I don't know if it would be wise to go ahead and book that?  

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

You may have heard the phrase Beyond The Pale?

This originates from the time when England ruled Calais and there was a huge fence, The Pale, which surrounded the English ruled area. Those who lived on the other side were "Beyond the Pale,"  The Pale went right through a church with an entrance on each side for those living in those parts.  The worshipers were also separated by the Pale inside the church.  

There is now a new Pale around the port of Calais, a double fence with barbed wire on top, which now extends for quite a long way along each side of the Autoroute leading to the port. Because of this, the migrants have changed their target to the Channel Tunnel.  The BBC who were filming in the Area at the time said 2.000  migrants had tried to storm the tunnel two nights ago and another 1,500 tried again last night.  Many managed to get to the UK, however a number have died trying.  Last night one was killed after being hit by a truck, another recently died on top of a train, it seems he was electrocuted by  the overhead power lines.  Others have been hit by trains.

All this "migrant activity" as they call it, has caused major problems in our county. The M20 Motorway, the main highway to Dover Port and the Channel Tunnel, has been closed except for trucks.  This has caused much disruption on the lesser roads.  People not being able to get to work, guests not being able to get to weddings, businesses having to close. A couple of days ago the travel in the area was further disrupted when a train between Ashford and Canterbury was derailed after hitting some cows that had strayed onto the line.  

Perhaps we should take Calais back again.