• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Any suggestion of an activity for our fellowship?

• Members

I am the president of a small young adult and young professional group in our church, though I am not young anymore :D. The group is called Ambassadors for Christ Fellowship. As the president, I have to come up of ideas for an activity for the Ambassadors after the worship service. We have a fellowship once a month. For this month, our theme is: A Good Financial Steward. Can anyone suggest a good activity related to this theme? It  could be a game, a seminar, or any that you can suggest of.

By the way, the church created this group so that our young adults can be useful to the ministry and to at least keep them from worldly activities.

I hope you can help me.

Thank you brothers and sisters.

Edited by Jeny

• Members

Jeny,

I never conducted a financial seminar so I am not sure if my suggestion would help. Also, our church is comprised of all Chinese, so, I am not sure that helps either.

Nonetheless, I found one activity that just about everybody enjoys and we normally have a good spirit and adult visitors. The Chinese, (children and adults), like to go to parks, sit, relax, someone always brings a small tea set and boil water for hot tea, enjoy the natural setting, and walk around while the kids play. As they sit around, in a relaxed mode, they talk. Oh, I forgot, the Chinese love to talk! One last thing, the Chinese always drink hot tea rarely coffee or sodas. So, I do not know if that will work in the States.

Maybe a discussion period in a relaxed setting would help?

• Members

Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University. My wife and I took the classes...excellent! You may be able to buy his book, Complete Guide To Money, on line CHEAP and share or if you find enough of his books cheap possibly have the class buy a copy each. Maybe the church finances could buy you each a book.