• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Four Blood Moons on God’s Feast Days

• Members
On ‎2016‎年‎4‎月‎25‎日 at 9:12 AM, Eric Stahl said:

Invicta,

Peter said the last days started after Jesus went to heaven. read Acts 2:17-18

Eric,

Thank you very much for bringing out that the last days started after the resurrection of Christ. 

Brethren,

The Apostle Peter, filled the Holy Spirit, quoted the prophecy of Joel 2:28-30 in Acts 2. Acts 2:17 and 20 is abundantly clear, concise, and literal, "And is shall come to pass in the last days, saith God... before that great and notable day of the Lord come."

To say that the prophecies of the, "last days," are in the Old Testament days is ludicrous, a private interpretation, a heretical belief, and a disbelief of the words of God. This teaching in not only taken from the scriptures but, I am happy to say, a Independent, Baptist, Fundamental belief. This heretical  teaching comes from false teachers (see 2 Peter 2 and other passages), and is currently being spread among good Independent, Fundamental, Baptist churches. It is causing confusion among good brethren.

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Spirit." 2 Peter 1:20 & 21 "... no prophecy of the scripture... " includes the correct prophecy of, "the last days."

The belief that the, "last days," are fulfilled in the Old Testament is a private interpretation and is causing confusion among the brethren. God Himself in the Old Testament speaking through the prophet Joel, and the Holy Spirit speaking through the Apostle Peter, clearly stated that the "last days" are upon us and was not fulfilled in the Old Testament days. 

Alan

Edited by Alan
grammer & font coloring & spelling

• Members
On ‎2016‎年‎4‎月‎24‎日 at 2:08 AM, Genevanpreacher said:

As the return happened in B.C., why would you think it to be a future from now?

From their view in B.C. their return was latter days.

Genevanpreacher,

It is future because the, "last days," started in the church Age and are completely fulfilled as recorded in the book of Revelation.

And, "from their view," is your own private interpretation as to their own thoughts. Ronda has the correct doctrinal position.

• Members
On 4/25/2016 at 7:56 PM, Alan said:

Genevanpreacher,

It is future because the, "last days," started in the church Age and are completely fulfilled as recorded in the book of Revelation.

And, "from their view," is your own private interpretation as to their own thoughts. Ronda has the correct doctrinal position.

You don't think that the people (who were quite discouraged at that time), who were thinking about getting out of their bondage, thought their freedom would come in the 'latter days'?

I think they did.

That was their latter days, and something they looked forward to!

I don't see why you would think otherwise.

Their latter days, prophesied by their prophets, was to be proven like the Lord said.

If it came to pass in their days, that prophet was a real prophet, if not in their day, he would be a false prophet. Is that not true?

Yes.

"And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken? When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him."

Sounds like you are saying that what the prophet says above, which you say didn't come to pass, that makes the prophet a liar - if you wait til after Jesus came, to fulfill it.

It was fulfilled in their time.

They returned, and all was a blessing from God until things went sour - before Jesus came.

But to understand that - you have to read the books between the Testaments. 

On 4/25/2016 at 7:56 PM, Alan said:

Wow. Guess the books called Nehemiah and Ezra are pretty useless then? They were wonderfully excited to be freed and return! Fulfilling God's message from his prophets to these people.

• Members

Brethren,

There is no scripture verses in the Old Testament that says that the Latter days were fulfilled at the return of the Jews to the land of Israel; this includes the books of Exra and Nehemiah as Genevanpreacher posted. They Jews were obviously happy and joyful and God did bring them back. But, the latt

3 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

You don't think that the people (who were quite discouraged at that time), who were thinking about getting out of their bondage, thought their freedom would come in the 'latter days'?

er days started in the days of the New Testament as recorded previously by Eric and myself; quoting Acts 2:17 and 20

Genevanpreacher, your interpretation of the return of the Jews to the land of Israel as the fulfillment of the "last times" is your own private interpretation. This incorrect interpretation is causing good brethren, and new Christians, to become confused in the churches.

On ‎2016‎年‎4‎月‎25‎日 at 7:27 AM, Alan said:

Eric,

Thank you very much for bringing out that the last days started after the resurrection of Christ. 

Brethren,

The Apostle Peter, filled the Holy Spirit, quoted the prophecy of Joel 2:28-30 in Acts 2. Acts 2:17 and 20 is abundantly clear, concise, and literal, "And is shall come to pass in the last days, saith God... before that great and notable day of the Lord come."

To say that the prophecies of the, "last days," are in the Old Testament days is ludicrous, a private interpretation, a heretical belief, and a disbelief of the words of God. This teaching in not only taken from the scriptures but, I am happy to say, a Independent, Baptist, Fundamental belief. This heretical  teaching comes from false teachers (see 2 Peter 2 and other passages), and is currently being spread among good Independent, Fundamental, Baptist churches. It is causing confusion among good brethren.

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Spirit." 2 Peter 1:20 & 21 "... no prophecy of the scripture... " includes the correct prophecy of, "the last days."

The belief that the, "last days," are fulfilled in the Old Testament is a private interpretation and is causing confusion among the brethren. God Himself in the Old Testament speaking through the prophet Joel, and the Holy Spirit speaking through the Apostle Peter, clearly stated that the "last days" are upon us and was not fulfilled in the Old Testament days. 

Alan

Brethren,

The above post is entirely correct, Eric, is correct and so is Ronda in their knowledge of the, "last days."

Genevanpreacher reply to the above post:

think they did.

That was their latter days, and something they looked forward to! This is your own interpretation unsupported by scripture.

I don't see why you would think otherwise.

Their latter days, prophesied by their prophets, was to be proven like the Lord said. The Lord Jesus never said this.

If it came to pass in their days, that prophet was a real prophet, if not in their day, he would be a false prophet. Is that not true? Nothing in your post is true.

Yes.

"And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken? When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him." You are mis-applying Deuteronomy 18:21 and 22

Sounds like you are saying that what the prophet says above, which you say didn't come to pass, that makes the prophet a liar - if you wait til after Jesus came, to fulfill it. Your are mis-applying Deuteronomy 18:21 and 22 a second time to try and prove a false conclusion.

But to understand that - you have to read the books between the Testaments. Since when was the books between the Testaments inspired scripture? Am I ignorant of this important doctrine? Is the Apocrypha inspired? Is this an Independent, Fundamental, Baptist doctrine that I am unaware of? Does the "books between the Testaments" conteract the inspired words of the Apostle Peter?

Brethren,

Please re-read the posts of Eric, Ronda and mine. The 'last days' started after the resurrention of Christ as stated by the Apostle Peter in Acts 2:17 and 20

Alan

Edited by Alan
grammer

• Members
2 hours ago, Invicta said:

All that wasn't far away was it?

Zephaniah 1:2-3 explains that all animals and birds and fish and people will die or leave Israel when the day of the Lord's judgment by fire falls on Israel. That is a future event.

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members
4 hours ago, Alan said:

Brethren,

There is no scripture verses in the Old Testament that says that the Latter days were fulfilled at the return of the Jews to the land of Israel; this includes the books of Exra and Nehemiah as Genevanpreacher posted. They Jews were obviously happy and joyful and God did bring them back. But, the latt

er days started in the days of the New Testament as recorded previously by Eric and myself; quoting Acts 2:17 and 20

Genevanpreacher, your interpretation of the return of the Jews to the land of Israel as the fulfillment of the "last times" is your own private interpretation. This incorrect interpretation is causing good brethren, and new Christians, to become confused in the churches.

Brethren,

The above post is entirely correct, Eric, is correct and so is Ronda in their knowledge of the, "last days."

Genevanpreacher reply to the above post:

Brethren,

Please re-read the posts of Eric, Ronda and mine. The 'last days' started after the resurrention of Christ as stated by the Apostle Peter in Acts 2:17 and 20

Alan

Yes, Alan, my 'private interpretation' does sound like that, when the majority of 'lifeless' so-called seminaries have produced a 'religionless' study and understanding of the scriptures, and fed that 'story' to the masses by their graduates. The 'common' understanding of such shows little initiative in letting the Spirit of God by the reading of the scriptures to lead most to something other than the seminary-style thinking.

And many here lend a hand in strengthening the brainwashing above.

[BTW - I have never said the books between the Testaments were 'inspired'. Doesn't mean they aren't important, since the Lord allowed them in EVERY Bible including the 1611 KJB and before.] 

**Also I think it funny, Alan, when you take the time to read just where Peter was quoting, find the words "in the last days"... it's not in Joel 2 at all. It just says "afterward"...

Thanks.

Edited by Genevanpreacher

• Members
7 hours ago, Alan said:

The Holy Spirit of God does not make interpretations of the prophecies of the scriptures such as you have made. Your private interpretations are not of the Holy Spirit.

Just because your 'opinion' of what the Holy Spirit says to me compared to you, has no bearings on anything, Alan.

Let's let us each have our own convictions without announcing to the brethren - 'hey! that ain't from the Holy Ghost!'.

That is just an opinion, and adds no strength nor comeliness to the leading of the Holy Spirit and his ability to lead us individually.

As for what I said before, yes I am fallible, and I do know that, and I can be wrong. But it is the way I see the scripture teaching.

I have been 'reprimanded' before, for 'lifting myself up as knowing all things', yet that is a stupid thing for someone to say, as I have just as much knowledge as most here, and shouldn't be treated as if I am claiming perfection at all. I just express what I do know, as imperfect as I am, (with truthfulness), and have the right here to do such. Just like all of you do.

So please don't even go there, that GP - 'must know it all, and nobody can know better'.

We are adults, and I appreciate being treated as one.

• Members

Sorry Jim, but sometimes blaring out to the brethren that 'GP is not led by the Holy Spirit' gets a bit old.

Especially since there are plenty of people that have my view as well as the plenty who have his.

I just think the Lord made it easier to understand the Scriptures with my 'view', over the conglomeration of 'skewed' verses used in Alans 'view' - (to push some things into the 'last times' of our future) and making one need a 'doctorate' to keep it all in order.

After all, making things clear is what the Lord had in mind when giving us his word.

• Administrators

"Sorry Jim but" doesn't cut it GP. I didn't post the warning so that either party would have a venue to continue.

I could have locked the thread, but then Eric's OP would get caught up in someone else's argument.

I chose instead to gently warn. Let's act a bit more like the brethren we are.

" Acts 11:26 And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch."

Do you suppose this was because they were Christ like?

• Members
8 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

"Sorry Jim but" doesn't cut it GP. I didn't post the warning so that either party would have a venue to continue.

I could have locked the thread, but then Eric's OP would get caught up in someone else's argument.

I chose instead to gently warn. Let's act a bit more like the brethren we are.

" Acts 11:26 And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch."

Do you suppose this was because they were Christ like?

Good call on warning rather than locking.:thumb: