• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Four Blood Moons on God’s Feast Days

• Members

The Christians in the Middle East are faithful unto death. Store some food while you can as the ants do.

The ants store food for the winter, much like the farmer and gardener who tend their crops in season, then harvest and store for the winter.

No matter where I've been or the circumstances, God has always provided me with food as He has for countless millions of others who have/do put their trust in Him.

• Members

Why believe in blood moons at all?

Where does it say in scripture about 4 blood moons anyway?

Yeah, prophecy about the moon turning to blood, where's the facts about us laying up for that time?

Are you a Hagee follower or what?

Thats enough for now. Don't have time to read everything you believe, so thats why I am asking now.

• Members

Many are constantly looking for signs and that's turned into big business for those willing to constantly offer up new signs for people to be fixated with. Then when the excitement wears off, or the predictions don't come to pass, new signs are put forth and the cycle repeats itself.

Israel became a nation again in 1948. Predictions that Christ would return by 1988 abounded...until 1988 came and went and Christ hadn't returned. Then the new sign focused upon the Jews capturing Jerusalem in 1968 which they declared meant Jesus must return by 2008...until that year too passed with no return of Christ. New signs to take it's place came in different forms from different prophecy "experts". Along with scores of other signs to take note of, other dates to consider, more signs to look for. Beware of the Soviet Union they are ushering in the End Times. Beware Saddam Hussein he's the new Babylon and he's going to bring about the End Times. On and on the pointing to this or that as a sign and the constant and changing predictions have poured forth in abundance over the past several decades. Countless books and movies all taking their own slant on these things.

Now, after several decades of this, with millions of Christians living through much or all of this, there is growing disillusionment with the pre-trib rapture view and the constant barrage of signs and predictions associated with that view. While the pre-trib rapture view wasn't a main view elsewhere, it came to hold sway in America but now the pendulum is swinging away from that view to others.

In the process, some are becoming "doomsday survivor" minded, some are so disillusioned they have all but turned away from anything to do with prophecy or the End Times, some are returning to views their churches held prior to taking on the pre-trib rapture view, others are looking elsewhere.

The Left Behind series (perhaps well intentioned?, I don't know) and the attending signs to look for and predictions, eventually did great harm to the pre-trib rapture position among many Americans.

Scripture is clear we are to occupy until Christ does return. We are to continually be about the Master's business so when He does return, and we won't know when, He will find us being faithful.

No call to stockpile a years worth of dried food, or weapons for a personal little army, or build bunkers to hide in, or to scour the news sites and peer into a telescope looking for signs.

Rather we are called to go into the world and spread the Gospel, live so men see Christ in us, spend time in prayer, learn the Scriptures, be ready at all times for Christ to return by living for Him full time.

• Members

anybody here ever here of Herbert Armstrong , all this kind of sounds like him , he made over 200 prophesies not a one happen yet his reformed followers have spent millions preparing for the last days and the only thing they have accomplished is to lead thousands astray in fear.

I know 100% For sure my names is written in the lambs book of life but there's many that are not and we all should be prepared to share the Gospel with them every moment we have. We need to remember Judgement comes to his children first and when we bow before Jesus He'll say well done my faithful servant ,receive what I have Prepared for thee, Amen, Amen

God bless

• Members

As a new Christian I was introduced to Armstrong by another babe in Christ who had found one of his free magazines (I think it was called "Plain Truth"). Being so new and immature in the faith we simply accepted the magazine, and their ministry, as being Christian. I even remember we discussed the idea they must be real good Christians since they send their magazine out for free and offer all their books and booklets for free. Even so, over the course of the following months as I read more of their material even as I was also spending much time in the Bible, listening to Charles Stanley sermons (this would have been 1981 and 1982), I began to think something wasn't right about Armstrong. It took some more time, but finally came to see where some of his error was. This lead me to the conclusion that if he's so wrong about these matters, what else might be be wrong about and what profit is there in reading his materials any more.

Mormons teach their people to be ready for catastrophe, telling them to stockpile supplies, a year or more of supplies if they can, if not then at least a months supply. Mormons are taught to expect to survive a coming terrible time, since they are special to God and are prepared for His plan. Meanwhile, they expect much of the population will be decimated, including those Christians who aren't right with God as they are.

Many Christian "survivalists" take an "it's mine and I'm not sharing with anyone" attitude, often coupled with an "I'll show no mercy to my brothers and sisters in Christ in need, let alone anyone else", sometimes to the extreme of, "I'll kill anyone, even my family in Christ, if they are so hungry they dare to try and take a packet of Ramen noodles after I've told them to go away."

Meanwhile, Mormons teach they are to draw together and care for one another, help one another and carry one another through the terrible time so they are all together and ready to rebuild and lead afterwards.

• Members

EK Smith

anybody here ever here of Herbert Armstrong , all this kind of sounds like him , he made over 200 prophesies not a one happen yet his reformed followers have spent millions preparing for the last days and the only thing they have accomplished is to lead thousands astray in fear.

I know 100% For sure my names is written in the lambs book of life but there's many that are not and we all should be prepared to share the Gospel with them every moment we have. We need to remember Judgement comes to his children first and when we bow before Jesus He'll say well done my faithful servant ,receive what I have Prepared for thee, Amen, Amen

God bless

I remember a reported that his organisation repudiated his teaching.

According to Wiki

After Armstrong's death in 1986, new WCG leadership sought to change the core principles of WCG Church doctrine, quashed publication of Armstrong's writings, sold off most of the church's holdings and began offering magazine subscriptions for sale; WCG leadership eventually changed the name of the organization and embraced positions closer to those of mainstream Protestantism.

• Members
  • Members

There was a split with this one group breaking away and the other group holding to Armstrongism.

I used to get ads for on of the break away groups on OLB after there was a post thread about it a year or so ago.  It stopped when I installed Adblock on my laptop.  

There is a man who comes to our church from time to time who is a member of WWCoG.  He said that they lost 130 of their members when they split with Armstrongism.  They used to keep to the Jewish festivals but he says they don't now, but they still have a camp for the autumn festival which they call the Harvest Festival these days.  But there is a group who still follow Armstrong who meet in the same town at the same time but followed the Jewish feast.

I too came across Armstrong when I was young.  Garner Ted Armstrong (The son, who was later chucked out for heresy, let back in again and then excluded again.) he used to broadcast on Radio Luxembourg, the only commercial station we could get in England at the time unless you had shortwave.  The program was The World Tomorrow.  Armstrong said that he could prove God exists.  My very wise aunt told me that we didn't need to prove that God exists, we believe by faith.

Anyway this man moved down to Folkestone and relies on his free bus pass to travel.  Well over an hour on the service busses, changing twice and they are not frequent or reliable on Sundays, although he does get to our seniors lunch on Tuesdays.

• 8 months later...
  • Members

The Bible doesn't say no one can know. It only says individual men can't know, and I don't think that applies to the rapture anyway. Matthew 24:29-36 said," Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only." Those verses are for tribulation saints.

The rapture is right before the day of the Lord according to Acts 2: 20 -The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:... There is another solar eclipse and lunar eclipse in September. The Feast of the Trumpets is going to happen that month. See Clarence Larkin's charts also for more help.

• Members
1 hour ago, Bornagainlady said:

The rapture is right before the day of the Lord according to Acts 2: 20 -The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:... There is another solar eclipse and lunar eclipse in September. The Feast of the Trumpets is going to happen that month. See Clarence Larkin's charts also for more help.

I have to disagree with 2 things here... First:  I don't see where the rapture is noted anywhere in Acts 2:20.  Second: Clarence Larkin's charts show the rapture preceding the 7 year tribulation.

4-second.gif

• Members
2 hours ago, Ronda said:

I have to disagree with 2 things here... First:  I don't see where the rapture is noted anywhere in Acts 2:20.  Second: Clarence Larkin's charts show the rapture preceding the 7 year tribulation.

4-second.gif

These charts are worth  nothing, as they are not based on scripture Just one pint, for instance.  If you read Jeremiah carefully, the time of Jacobs trouble was the then impending trouble with Nebuchadnezzar.  Larkin's charts are fiction.

• Members
5 hours ago, Invicta said:

These charts are worth  nothing, as they are not based on scripture Just one pint, for instance.  If you read Jeremiah carefully, the time of Jacobs trouble was the then impending trouble with Nebuchadnezzar.  Larkin's charts are fiction.

Dear Invicta, First of all... I was not the one who brought up Clarence Larkin. I was attepting to prove that Mr. Larkin DID in fact show on his chart that the rapture precedes the tribulation altogether. 
As for your comments in regard to Mr. Larkin's work being "worth nothing"... Sorry you feel that way. We are all entitled to our own viewpoints. Hopefully both viewpoints come from the Bible as the final authority (and God Himself being revered enough to believe His words literally). I disagree with your summation that Jer.30:7 was (supposedly) in regard to the  Nebuchadnezzar/Babylonian time period. 

Let's start with Jer.30:7 "Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble, but he shall be saved out of it."
NONE like it??? I don't think the Lord was exaggerating in terminology here. I don't think He was trying to point out it was going to be just a "bad time".
Instead, when He said it is "great" "so that none is like it", that would mean (had it been already past) there could NOT be another period quite as horrific or "great" as that one.
Where else (in God's word) does it speak of a time period so horrific? A unparalleled time of trouble?
Matthew 24:15-22 speak of the same time period. 
(v.21) "For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be."
We see similar wording of a time period which has never been so bad, nor ever will be so bad in the future.

Do you not see the similarities?
If I understand from past conversations, you not only believe they are SEPARATE events? But you also believe they both ALREADY HAPPENED in the past? 
How can that be since God tells us in His word that "there is none like it" AND "not since the beginning of the world to this time, no nor ever shall be"
I certainly hope you are not calling God a liar. This must be the same unique event. 

As for what on earth Clarence Larkin's work or charts has anything to do with the "four blood moons" is beside me (the original topic).
Someone else stated that there will supposedly be "another solar eclipse and lunar eclipse in September" and had tried to tie that in with Clarence Larkin's chart in some way.
I felt I needed to refute that he had ever suggested the rapture had anything to do with blood moons, and also that his charts and work both showed he had a pre-tribulational, pre-millennial, and dispensational viewpoint (throughout his work).
As for the blood moons occuring in September as supposedly being some type of "sign" for the rapture, there is no sign preceding the rapture itself,  nor did Mr. Larkin suggest there are signs for the rapture. Thus my post with one of his charts to show this fact.

Reference given to Acts 2:20 "The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come"
Joel 2:31 "The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come."
Matthew 24:29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken"
and it clearly states "immediately after the tribulation of those days" NOT before!
So IF the blood moons/eclipses are significant at all, it has ZERO to do with the rapture, and 100% to do with the "great and terrible day of the Lord" 
AND Sept of this year has zero to do with either Acts 2:20, Matt 24:29, nor Joel 2:31 since that happens "immediately after the tribulation of those days".