• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

I was looking at an article about the Amazon drones that were approved by the FAA..... and was thinking about prophecy and how there are really strange "beings" described in Revelation....like the ones that have the head of a man and wings of a grasshopper and whatever.... they sound like robotic beings or drones to me!   I bet by then, the world will have the technology to fight entire wars via drone technology.

I've believed for awhile that this was describing some sort of technology, but more and more I believe it for sure.  Can you imagine John being given glimpses of the end times full of technology, and him trying to write down what he was seeing?!   It must have seemed soooo unbelievable to him!

• Members

I read an article yesterday about a prison in South Korea which is "staffed" almost entirely by robots that not long ago would have only been seen in a science fiction movie.

The Japanese have made remarkable strides in creating human-like robots.

The American military has a very robust robotics and "futuristic" type research and development field.

Look back 50 or so and consider how much we use and rely upon today that wasn't even in existence back then.

• Members

I was looking at an article about the Amazon drones that were approved by the FAA..... and was thinking about prophecy and how there are really strange "beings" described in Revelation....like the ones that have the head of a man and wings of a grasshopper and whatever.... they sound like robotic beings or drones to me!   I bet by then, the world will have the technology to fight entire wars via drone technology.

I've believed for awhile that this was describing some sort of technology, but more and more I believe it for sure.  Can you imagine John being given glimpses of the end times full of technology, and him trying to write down what he was seeing?!   It must have seemed soooo unbelievable to him!

​I've worked with technology and computers from 1972 until 2008. It doesn't surprise me what advances in technology have occurred. However, I only made one prediction and that was to my son. I told him some day our computers will be so small we would clip them to our belt and interface with them through a small headphone, that was in 1993 approx. I didn't know we would use them to talk to each other too!

Do I care to speculate further, sure. The next technological break through might be drones with a different interface. I worked with weapon control radar, guns, and missiles in the Navy for my last six years, prior to that I worked with computers for Naval flight and weapons simulators and shipboard weapon simulators. 

So here goes. You understand how you can bar scan with a phone application or take a picture of your check and send it to the bank, OK? Now, you know that there are enough satellites with high resolution cameras and global positioning satellites to cover the globe instantaneously, correct? Can you imagine a man stepping out of a large black SUV in front of your house taking a picture of the house and 10 seconds later your house is just a pile of rubble? 

Edited by 1Timothy115

• Members

So here goes. You understand how you can bar scan with a phone application or take a picture of your check and send it to the bank, OK? Now, you know that there are enough satellites with high resolution cameras and global positioning satellites to cover the globe instantaneously, correct? Can you imagine a man stepping out of a large black SUV in front of your house taking a picture of the house and 10 seconds later your house is just a pile of rubble? 

​I would be surprised if that isn't happening already to some poor soul somewhere in the world.

• Members

9:7 And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.8 And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions. 9 And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle. 10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.

• Members

2 Pet 2:4   For if God spared not the angels that sinned [Genesis 6], but cast them down to hell [tartarus], and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;   Jude 6: And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness [abyss/tartarus] unto the judgment of the great day [of the Lord].

Many believe that these fallen angels are mutating inside the earth, and will be released (the abyss will be opened) to torment men near the end of the Great Tribulation.

• Members

9:7 And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.8 And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions. 9 And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle. 10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.

That is a challenge for those who seek literal interpretation - but my Revelation thread was deleted before other views were presented, except for Pastor Scott. 

Please reinstate it, and Hebrews 3,  @BroMatt 

• Members

Your threads were deleted for good reason - which was explained. 

As to a challenge to literal interpretation. .......

No challenge at all - it says what it says.

One thing is certain - such creatures are never recorded in past history, and therefore the detailed descriptions are either accurate or useless.

You choose to see them as a waste of words. ......

• Members

I don't think John saw drones.  

​I know I didn't see drones!:coverlaugh:

I believe what's recorded in Scripture is accurate. We don't know everything God may have created in the spiritual realm, nor do we know what form of punishment He may have inflicted upon some of the fallen angels. While it can be interesting to speculate, I don't think it's necessary we come up with just what those things mentioned actually are.

For years I heard prophecy preachers declaring they were Apache attack helicopters. I doubt that, but hey, maybe they are right. Myself, I believe that which is described isn't of man-made origin.

We will know when we need to know. Until then, the description in that verse of what's coming should serve as a warning to both lost and saved (for different reasons) rather than a puzzle to be solved.

• Members

My reasoning for them not being drones is the fact that they were identified as being akris, that is, locusts.  The Greek is used only four times in the New Testament.  The only translation for akris is locust or locusts.  So, did the Baptist' food consist of honey and wild drones?  LoL

i think John knew they were locusts with strange and wondrous appearances... Appearances not known by man before.

look at the description of cherubim.  They are not described as babies with wings.  They are remarkable creatures that were living, with four wings and four faces.  

Things exist in God's magnificent creation that we have yet to behold.

Edited by Standing Firm In Christ

• Members

​I know I didn't see drones!:coverlaugh:

I believe what's recorded in Scripture is accurate. We don't know everything God may have created in the spiritual realm, nor do we know what form of punishment He may have inflicted upon some of the fallen angels. While it can be interesting to speculate, I don't think it's necessary we come up with just what those things mentioned actually are.

For years I heard prophecy preachers declaring they were Apache attack helicopters. I doubt that, but hey, maybe they are right. Myself, I believe that which is described isn't of man-made origin.

We will know when we need to know. Until then, the description in that verse of what's coming should serve as a warning to both lost and saved (for different reasons) rather than a puzzle to be solved.

​Yep, especially the underlined.

• Members

My reasoning for them not being drones is the fact that they were identified as being akris, that is, locusts.  The Greek is used only four times in the New Testament.  The only translation for akris is locust or locusts.  So, did the Baptist' food consist of honey and wild drones?  LoL

i think John knew they were locusts with strange and wondrous appearances... Appearances not known by man before.

look at the description of cherubim.  They are not described as babies with wings.  They are remarkable creatures that were living, with four wings and four faces.  

Things exist in God's magnificent creation that we have yet to behold.

​Sin sure made us miss a lot. Another reason to give God the praise for the plan to redeem us...we don't deserve it. What a glorious future awaits us.