• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Moonlight Sonata by a gutsy lady

• Members

Pilgrim,

Thank you for posting the piano piece by Valentina Lisitsa. I personally enjoy the works of Sergey Rachmaninov, Piano Conerto Nos. 2 and 3 very much.

It is a shame that Valentina used her musical abilities to trash the Kiev Government in her tweets. Her comments were definately, 'provacative," and, in my estimation, she is a political activst using her musical talents to promote her political hatred of the Kiev govenment, and by the selection  of the attached video, the American government.

I also read the attached article and the video of the protestors at the American Embassy. I was truly ashamed of the protest. The Russion Government is the aggressor in the Ukranian conflict. America is the defender of freedom in Ukraine and it breaks my heart in having fellow Americans downgrade our country in a Christian forum.

Edited by Alan10
spelling

• Members

Excellent! The Prelude Op 23 no 5 is considered a very difficult work to play. Emil Gilels was a great pianist and a close friend of Rachmaninov. Thank you for the selection.

Do you, or Pilgrim, or any of the other brethren, have any other favorite works? or pianists?

Edited by Alan10
spelling

• Members

Larry,

Thank you for sharing that fine piece, 'Pathetique,' by Beethoven, played by Lisitsa. She is a master pianist and did justice to, 'Pathetique.' I think I will put Lisitsa's works on my list of CD's to purchase.   

Alan