• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

We are Radical Christians

• Members

Anyone happen to hear Bill O'Reilly take a hard jab at Christians who actually believe what the Bible says about Jesus and salvation?

They were discussing radical Islam and how these Muslims believe everyone must be converted to Islam or die. Then Bill tried to find a way to make it seem like radical Islam wasn't the only religious radicals. His solution: talk about those radical Christians who claim only those born again can go to heaven, those who believe Jesus is the only way to be right with God and make it to heaven.

So, Bill sees us as discriminatory radicals who aren't tolerant of the religious beliefs of others and therefore similar to radical Islam except for we don't kill those of other religions. (However, another Fox News Catholic "conservative" today said Christians were once just like the radical Islamists until we got our act together)

Good 'ol Fox News, fair and balanced, speaking that good 'ol conservative truth and presenting Christian friendly news.:rolleyes:

• Members

Bill may find it "disturbing" that some Christians say if someone isn't born again they will go to hell; if a person doesn't accept Jesus as Saviour they are damned, but that's exactly what the Word of God says.

Obviously Bill would find this "disturbing" since he's lost in his mix of Catholicism, humanism, and his own "wisdom".

Sadly, Bill isn't the only one who claims to be a Christian (tho a Catholic) who holds to such a view. Millions of Christians in America hold this or similar views. So many churches teach a works based salvation or an all inclusive God who doesn't care if a person is Muslim, Odinist, Wiccan, Spiritist, Mormon, Catholic, JW, nativist pagan or whatever, God will hear them and take them to heaven. After all, they believe, true Christianity is too confining, too limited, to difficult, so God made it so He revealed Himself to everyone through different means, so if a person calls on Wakantanka, Allah or Zeus, it's all the same as calling on Jesus.

• Members

Give the gospel to everyone, you never know if a practicing 'religionist' is saved or not.

​Absolutely true! There are many "Christians" who think themselves such because they were "born Christian", attend church, took a class in a church, walked an aisle, repeated a prayer by a TV preacher, because they try to live a good life, etc.

My wife and I were speaking with a woman one time and she said, "Oh, I'm a Christian too!" Then she told us she attends church as often as she can, how her church has a really wonderful woman pastor and how she reads a lot of Christian books. I asked her what Christian books she likes and she said the name of a Christian fiction writer and took great pride that she's read every one of her fiction books in the series.

That was about as far as her "Christianity" went. She took offense to the idea there was more to it, after all, she hadn't read that in her Christian fiction books and her female pastor never spoke of such things, and no, she didn't have time see what the Bible actually says. She was suddenly in a hurry to leave but assured us she was "saved" because here female pastor said so and she knows what being a Christian is from those Christian fiction books.

• Members

It is indeed sad, and these folks can be among the hardest to reach. I have family members who believe they are going to heaven because they were baptized. I've tried to reason with them, share Scripture with them, point them to proper biblical teaching on the matter but to no avail. They were told baptism meant assurance of heaven, they were baptized and that's it as far as they are concerned.