• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

"'Oops, I missed a step' Salvation."

• Members

​How do we fit this together with the passages telling us that God orders the steps of a man, God directs kings, nothing happens without God causing it or allowing it?

There is also the matter of prayer. We see in Scripture where God declares a matter as fact, then repentant prayer is offered and God responds by changing things in accord with the prayer and His will.

How does God make all things work together for good if He's not actively involved in bringing such about?

We read in Scripture that even the results of casting lots is controlled by the Lord.

Is God active in our lives, nations and history or did He just toss us out here on earth so He could sit back and watch what He knew would happen anyway?

I would just have to say that the Lord does what he wants with man and circumstances of life, AND our sometimes poor choices. But he always does it for our good, (not always from our perspective of course), and for his glory.

[first time posting from my phone]

I perceive God does all the ways you mention, and without contradicting his word.

Edited by Genevanpreacher