• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

1Timothy115

Some people won't be bullied

They sure are taking a lot of abuse from the media, including Fox News (which is very pro-homosexual).

A local pastor is from Indiana and he's encountered a lot of hostility for speaking favorably of the bill (now signed into law). Most of the hostility is coming from folks in Indiana (online), with the vast majority of them being Christians.

They equate the idea of someone not wanting to do business with homosexuals in a way that would at least seem to support their sin as being the same as denying blacks admittance to a business.

On Fox News, just about a half hour ago, two "conservative" pundits were claiming they supported religious freedom while at the same time saying denying certain business services to homosexuals claiming religious reasons is basically a lie. The way they worded things it's as if a bakery refuses to make a homosexual wedding cake because of their religious convictions, those religious convictions are actually just a fake cover for their bigoted anti-homosexual wrong ideas.

Yep, that was from "conservative" Fox News and two of their "conservative" contributors.

Most likely Indiana will give in to the pressure at least to the point of adding provisions, which Fox News was congratulating other States for having, which make it clear homosexuals and various other sexual sinners can't be "discriminated" against because of their "sexual orientation".

As the current Indiana law stands, a businessman could deny services to a homosexual based upon their religious convictions. Look for many homosexuals and other sexual sinners to target Christian businesses hoping to be denied service so they can get this into the courts. We know how the courts tend to lean and how the Leftists have used the courts to get their way (while the rest of the government has sat around and let them).

Freedom of association was once considered a hallmark of liberty. Today it's considered bigoted, hateful, racist, homophobic, mean-spirited, even un-American!

If you make a birthday cake for a homosexual but won't make a wedding cake for the same IT IS NOT discriminating against homosexuals but against the event or message. If you make a wedding cake for a black couple but not make a cake in honor of MLK Day, same situation. If you refuse to place a decoration (or even order said decoration) with a hand containing only an extended middle finger, you are not discriminating against the individual but rather the message.

This is the distinction the media is INTENTIONALLY ignoring, or denigrating as a lie. The problem is that too many people are swayed by drama and not reason.

Absolutely true but in our world today anything the PC crowd doesn't like is some form of discrimination, racism, sexism, bigoted, hate.

Most of the country today has been raised in the public school propaganda mills and are conditioned to believe this or at least lean that way. Most have never known a time in this country when individual liberty was even close to being a true reality, where people had the right of freedom of association, businessmen could run their businesses according to their own scruples, and families could be raised without fear of government intrusion.

Today true liberty is considered evil, biblical Christianity is evil, traditionalists and even true constitutionalists are considered evil. Good is called evil while evil is called good.

Praise God for those willing to suffer persecution in Jesus name. More and more public and governmental pressure is being applied to get biblical Christians to bend to the will of the secular humanists and their agenda here in America.

I was answering on a post in Facebook on this subject, spelled out clearly what the intent of the law is, and what 'freedom of religion' means, (really, that religion is not just what one does in church or at home, but the entire life of the believer, which encompasses, or should, all aspects of a believer's life-and of course, I was told I was wrong.). And I was accused of being a bigot, a homophobe, hateful, etc. It really does no good to argue-no matter how one may say they love homosexuals, but it doesn't mean we have to agree with what they do, or support it, we will always be told that we really hate them. The lost have NO idea of what true biblical love and Christianty are. The best we can do it get folks saved, one soul at a time.

You may have noticed that we have an election coming up in a few weeks.  We recently had a visit from labour canvasser, asking if we would vote for them  I said no, for two reasons:  1: Labour always ruins the economy.  2: Labour voted for sodomite marriages.  ( I was half expecting that they would send round a homosexual canvasser after that, It hasn't happened yet, but they have six weeks to go.)  The conservatives, Labour, Liberal, Greens all voted for, the only ones who didn't were UKIP.  Nigel Farage, their leader was asked if we should not have HS marriage, but he went no further than saying that we could not repel the law while we were in the EU.  When pressed on the subject he just repeated that.

The problems that are now evident are the unintended consequences of "inclusive" legislation -

There is no "conscience" clause, so that malicious complaints are being made & upheld, & folk with a Christian conscience are being criminalised. 

Now, how can Christians take offence & bring counter charges?

Absolutely true but in our world today anything the PC crowd doesn't like is some form of discrimination, racism, sexism, bigoted, hate.

Most of the country today has been raised in the public school propaganda mills and are conditioned to believe this or at least lean that way. Most have never known a time in this country when individual liberty was even close to being a true reality, where people had the right of freedom of association, businessmen could run their businesses according to their own scruples, and families could be raised without fear of government intrusion.

Today true liberty is considered evil, biblical Christianity is evil, traditionalists and even true constitutionalists are considered evil. Good is called evil while evil is called good.

Praise God for those willing to suffer persecution in Jesus name. More and more public and governmental pressure is being applied to get biblical Christians to bend to the will of the secular humanists and their agenda here in America.

​Praise God for saving us and revealing these times to us...Amen.

Have you noticed how organized the opposition is? Every 'news' outlet available is attacking Indiana and the state's law makers. Protests across the country. So called 'celebs' voicing their opinion. I was told earlier today on another site that supporting Gov. Pence made me worse than ISIS or Hitler. 

Where are the voices for Christian liberty?

How come no one ever gets concerned over all the hatefulness and bigotry against Christians? :rolleyes:

​Jesus said the world hated Him so they will hate us too. Today it's okay to be bigoted against white people and Christians; which means it's doubly acceptable to go after white Christians.

Notice how the media is mostly quiet with regards to all the black Christian churches taking stands against homosexuality.

Its to the point, gay supporters are forcing people to agree with them. How much longer until they are forcing people to have sex with them like in Sodom?

​Some of the more radical wing of homosexuals (which the radical wing is quickly becoming the norm) have long called for homosexual infiltration of schools and other facilities with the express purpose of promoting homosexuality and of forcing themselves upon boys and young men.

While the military acknowledges, at least to an extent, the problem of male/female sexual assaults/rapes in their ranks, they have fought to keep the growing problem of homosexual assault/rape from being known...and the media have helped them cover this up.

Public school, as well as college, sex education (and other sex related classes in college) promote "sexual experimentation"; which basically is nothing more than telling students to give homosexuality a try. Students are taught they may not know their true sexual identity until they have experimented with homosexuality, bi-sexuality, group sex, other perversions.

Some schools, and a few other places, now have "genderless" or "co-ed" bathrooms and shower facilities. Others still have sex specific facilities but if a male claims to be feeling like a female they can walk right into the female facility and now their "right".

The whole "equality" movement has always been flawed but today it doesn't even come close to meaning anything like some form of equality. Instead, homosexuals advocate for full acceptance (not just tolerance or equal pay), and not only acceptance, but they want everyone to say homosexuality is great and to prove you really are a homosexual supporter you better be willing to engage in at least a bit of homosexual activity.

(Well, they can shoot me and send me to heaven if they want, I'm not going to kiss a guy like I do my wife and I'm not going to say homosexuality is wonderful or even acceptable when it's a clear and outright sin against God.) (And they better stay away from my wife and children too!)

​Some of the more radical wing of homosexuals (which the radical wing is quickly becoming the norm) have long called for homosexual infiltration of schools and other facilities with the express purpose of promoting homosexuality and of forcing themselves upon boys and young men.

While the military acknowledges, at least to an extent, the problem of male/female sexual assaults/rapes in their ranks, they have fought to keep the growing problem of homosexual assault/rape from being known...and the media have helped them cover this up.

Public school, as well as college, sex education (and other sex related classes in college) promote "sexual experimentation"; which basically is nothing more than telling students to give homosexuality a try. Students are taught they may not know their true sexual identity until they have experimented with homosexuality, bi-sexuality, group sex, other perversions.

Some schools, and a few other places, now have "genderless" or "co-ed" bathrooms and shower facilities. Others still have sex specific facilities but if a male claims to be feeling like a female they can walk right into the female facility and now their "right".

The whole "equality" movement has always been flawed but today it doesn't even come close to meaning anything like some form of equality. Instead, homosexuals advocate for full acceptance (not just tolerance or equal pay), and not only acceptance, but they want everyone to say homosexuality is great and to prove you really are a homosexual supporter you better be willing to engage in at least a bit of homosexual activity.

(Well, they can shoot me and send me to heaven if they want, I'm not going to kiss a guy like I do my wife and I'm not going to say homosexuality is wonderful or even acceptable when it's a clear and outright sin against God.) (And they better stay away from my wife and children too!)

​Yep, that's what I've been reading and hearing too.

Hannity (FOX) will continue his rant about hypocrisy by businesses and the political left over what occurs in muslim countries to homosexuals until no one can stay on point for the persecution of Christian liberty. I stayed away from the news all day because I knew it would raise my blood pressure, I've turned it back off.

Hannity (FOX) will continue his rant about hypocrisy by businesses and the political left over what occurs in muslim countries to homosexuals until no one can stay on point for the persecution of Christian liberty. I stayed away from the news all day because I knew it would raise my blood pressure, I've turned it back off.

​I used to love watching the news but now it doesn't matter what news channel a person watches it's filled with twisting and double-speak. I limit myself to an hour of news a day but I don't even watch that much each day.

While I was using part of my hour yesterday I heard a group on Fox News discussing the Religious Freedom law in Indiana and I heard four "conservatives" denouncing the law and demanding provisions be added to protect homosexuals and other sexual deviants. They brought up that there is a growing move in the Republican Party to remove the plank from the GOP platform regarding the stance against homosexual marriage. Each of the "conservatives" applauded the GOP for becoming more accepting, supporting and even promoting of open homosexual rights, including for homosexual "marriage". They called this "progress". (if progress, it's progress in the wrong direction!)

After carrying on about promoting and supporting sexual perversions, they turned their attention to the Hillary email story and one of the "conservatives" had the nerve to say Hillary lacked morals because of her handling of emails. Wow! To these "conservatives" it's a matter of morality how emails are handled but NOT a moral issue when it comes to open homosexuality.

Two of the "conservatives" call themselves "good Catholics" too. Well, on the matter of homosexuality their church still declares homosexuality to be sin and something that shouldn't be supported. So, in the case of those two "conservatives" not only are they turned against traditional conservative positions, they are in rebellion to their own churches stance on homosexuality. Yet they can't see their own hypocrisy.

How blind the lost are and how troubled the land led by such.

​I used to love watching the news but now it doesn't matter what news channel a person watches it's filled with twisting and double-speak. I limit myself to an hour of news a day but I don't even watch that much each day.

While I was using part of my hour yesterday I heard a group on Fox News discussing the Religious Freedom law in Indiana and I heard four "conservatives" denouncing the law and demanding provisions be added to protect homosexuals and other sexual deviants. They brought up that there is a growing move in the Republican Party to remove the plank from the GOP platform regarding the stance against homosexual marriage. Each of the "conservatives" applauded the GOP for becoming more accepting, supporting and even promoting of open homosexual rights, including for homosexual "marriage". They called this "progress". (if progress, it's progress in the wrong direction!)

After carrying on about promoting and supporting sexual perversions, they turned their attention to the Hillary email story and one of the "conservatives" had the nerve to say Hillary lacked morals because of her handling of emails. Wow! To these "conservatives" it's a matter of morality how emails are handled but NOT a moral issue when it comes to open homosexuality.

Two of the "conservatives" call themselves "good Catholics" too. Well, on the matter of homosexuality their church still declares homosexuality to be sin and something that shouldn't be supported. So, in the case of those two "conservatives" not only are they turned against traditional conservative positions, they are in rebellion to their own churches stance on homosexuality. Yet they can't see their own hypocrisy.

How blind the lost are and how troubled the land led by such.

​We have to face it, there is no national media voice outlet for Jesus Christ, the Bible, or Christians. I was told yesterday I am worse than ISIS or Hitler for simply commending the Indiana Governor and legislature for supporting the values which made our nation great. In today's scripture reading...

1 Timothy 4:10

Edited by 1Timothy115

Another governor "doing the right thing" for diversity and the American way.  So heroic!  

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/arkansas-governor-sends-religion-bill-back-rewrite-155537800--finance.html

​Yes, I understand he caved in before he fought, then he is just a man and I have no idea if he is saved. The same for the Indiana Gov. but, I need to applaude their state's original effort and intent A lost nation can never see the hypocrisy in all of this. That is why I enjoyed the scripture I read this morning.

Lack of backbone and core values they are willing to stand and fight for has been the great weakness of the Republican Party for a long time now. On occasions when they do put forth something good as soon as they are attacked for it they fold.

Look at how quick the new Republican majority in congress backed down and caved in right after they won reelection on promises to do right and fight for it.