• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A Suggestion.

• Members

Is it possible, or feasible, to have a section in the, 'bio,' area where a person, if not IFB, lists their denominational or church affiliation?

I am in  agreement with Dave. False teachers search the internet to find forums that they can teach their false doctrines or personal agendas. They cause discension among the brethren and are not honest with us nor to the Lord. I understand the need for honest discussions, but, most of these heretics are not on OnLine Baptist for honest discussions.

And, some of the true brethren are not mature enough in the faith to spot heresy, or, they do not know the scriptures enough to scriptually refute erroneous doctrine.

Furthermore, most folks, me included, first came to OnLine Baptist mainly for good, Christian, fellowship among true independent Baptist brethren of like faith. But, unfortunately, we have to take time to take time to check up on a new persons doctrinal beliefs and try to defend every thing we post. I would rather use that time in Bible study or friendly talk among brethren.

Regards,

Alan10

• Members

Those coming in while totally refusing to give any sort of real introduction of who they are, what their branch or affiliation is, makes for a very broad door for anyone to jump in and post all sorts of stuff. At least if they provide some information before being able to post that might help a bit.

It's telling that so many of these sorts love to post very long posts while most often insinuating they are teaching us through this method while ignoring actual questions.

On the positive side, at least its been awhile since one of these has shown up.

• Members

As many of you are aware, I have a problem with non-IFB people using this forum to teach.

I wonder if there is a way to restrict post size for instance for a probationary period?

This will stop new members from posting convoluted and long posts. If they split them into "snippets" I guess they could still get away with it.

Also, on the 4x4 forums I visit,  new members can not post links or pictures for the probationary period - this automatically stops a certain amount of spam.

Just a couple of ideas to stop spam and stop false teachers from having an easy port to push their rubbish.

They will have to put some effort in to get to the place where they can spread their false teaching.

It will not stop those who want to go to that trouble (unfortunately....), but it will make it harder.

​I'm with you, and see nothing wrong with a little probation period...retroactive to the new member Knocknock.

• Members

I would love to become involved again as I once was, but I found myself simply refusing to even open threads that a few of the heretics become involved in with their huge posts.

Matthew 6:7 (KJV)
7  But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

These suggestions may help weed out the worst of them and I can once again enjoy the fellowship of this site.  

Bro. Garry

• Members

If you make a solid list of dos and don'ts and stick to them without bending you should have no trouble keeping things pretty well in order I would think. Maybe there could be a warning system of "once, twice, three strikes you're out" if someone didn't adhere to your guidelines. Just a thought. I hope to join in and use this forum a great deal in the future. Today is only day two for me since discovering it even existed... ~ <"///><