• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Later all!

• Members

Hey all,

I just wanted to let you know that I am going to be following some of my own advice and won't be posting on OLB any more. I'll finish up a couple of things tonight, but if you need to contact me you can get me at zealyouthguy@gmail.com.

Thanks a lot to those I've come to know through OLB as friends, it's been good to see you again.

• Members

Sorry to see you go. Even though we disagree on some things, you've always been one of the people I've enjoyed debating with. I hope you'll come back around occasionally, if not just to post in leisurely, non-confrontational stuff. :wink

God bless you in whatever path He leads you down. :smile

Until next time... :wave:

I've considered doing the same thing.. and I have spent less time posting in the past several months than I used to, just because of how heated things can get. One thing I've noticed is that no matter which forum I'm on, even if it's one where I agree with the moderators 100% (yeah, there was a forum like that once...lol), there's always going to be some kind of debate or disagreement with SOMEONE on the site, unless no one is posting.

Besides, the "debates" here are way calmer than arguments I've seen in other places. :smile

Hey...ZYG. :smile I really wish that you would re-think your decision to stay with us on OLB. You are a great source of Biblical knowledge, and we need that strength on this site. Maybe, if we got more threads going on Biblical issues...things wouldn't get so heated. Ya, know? Please don't let the world and the Devil rob you of being an inspiration to us. Times are tough, as we all know. You have much to offer on OLB, and I know that "we" Christians need to stick together. If not us...then, who? God is on our side! God bless you and your family, and I really hope and pray that you will reconsider your choice. Hope and peace.

• Members

On our path in this life all we can do is what seems right, and when someone makes the decision as you have about posting on this board, I respect it.

Long time back I posted for at least a bit over 3 years on an old Yahoo Baptist board. 2 or 3 RCC members hit the board after a few months and started telling us Baptist we were wrong and were pushing the RCC doctrine. Later on came a couple of coC, them a couple of Pentecostals, them later on a few more RCC members.

I stopped posting for a couple of week two different times, during that time was had been searching the net and finally found this site. After which I stopped posting on it, I thought it was time to leave.

I think most any message board there is going to be heated discussions. As long as we don't get mad at one another, as long as we respect each others opinion, I see no wrong.

Here while back I read many post on another message board similar to this one. To be they carried it way beyond where it should be, with the things said and attitude they expresses towards one another. They were even calling one another a few names that were not becoming to Christians.

I get more frustrated at myself than I ever do with members of this board for not being able to express what I would really like to in words on this board. Seems like that is hard for me to do writing words into a post on a message board.

Anyway brother, I wish you God Speed and success in all of your Christian efforts and its great to have got to meet you here at OB. And I will shut up by saying this, you know where we are if and or when you might change your mind.

• Members

One of the things I've observed on Internet boards is that many people leave for whatever reason. Sometimes because they don't get their way, other times because they don't feel respected and still sometimes for their own sanity. Those who truly get discouraged for the other reasons just seem to "fade away" and disappear.

Then there are those rare occasions someone "announces" they are leaving to try and sequester sympathy and people to beg them to stay, it kind of strokes their egos and what have you. When that happens, the usual response is......there's the door, don't let it hit you on the way out!

I'm so glad this board is not like that and people are very concerned and have expressed their love and prayers. Kudos to our Christian community!

• Members
One of the things I've observed on Internet boards is that many people leave for whatever reason. Sometimes because they don't get their way' date=' other times because they don't feel respected and still sometimes for their own sanity. Those who truly get discouraged for the other reasons just seem to "fade away" and disappear.[/quote']
There are those occasions, and I've seen them plenty of times, where someone enjoys the board, but realizes that it's taking up too much of their time (in other words they enjoy it too much) and therefore decide they must put it aside in order to make time for other things. I generally limit my posting to a half and hour or so and even then not every day. That seems to help keep me from letting it get away from me.

It is sad when any regular leaves. Hope you come back soon, zyg.

To keep sanity you must learn to backspace or highlight delete everyonce in awhile if you can not stand firm or the response others give bothers you you probably should backspace or highlight delete or even just hit the x in the upper right hand corner can you spell one big run on sentence that probably should be deleted but to keep my sanity and fighting mode back i have learned to type and type and type and then delete or never submit because i do not want to hear the response