• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A big get-together

• Members

Things seem to be getting even more interesting in the Middle East.  They say blood is thicker than water so is it possible the sons of Ishmael and their co-religionists are finally having a big get-together?  What does this all portend for Israel?

http://www.ibtimes.com/arab-nations-announce-historic-unified-military-force-counter-iran-isis-1861350

I ran across this site that previously didn't know about because I have not followed prophecy sites in the last dozen years.  Walid Shoebat it seems has a site with something to say about the issue:  http://shoebat.com/2015/03/27/is-the-ten-muslim-nation-confederacy-we-see-forming-to-fight-irans-expansion-is-the-same-ten-nation-confederacy-spoken-by-daniel/

• Members

I remember it well - the 10 nation European Common Market being the fulfilment of prophecy before the rapture of 1981 ..... the revived Roman Empire. 

I heard an interview with one of the US prophecy mongers to the effect that he had 35 filing cabinets in his basement, all with newspaper cuttings of fulfilled Bible prophecy. 

These political matters should be considered on the merits (or demerits.) I do not think they have anything specific to do with prophecy. What did Jesus say?

Luke 21:And they asked him, saying, Master, but when shall these things be? and what sign will there be when these things shall come to pass? 
And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.
But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.

• Members

This is actually nothing new. The Shiite and Sunni have battled one another for centuries with each group joining with others of their group when it was convenient to battle the "lesser Muslims".

For the moment, Israel should be pleased the Muslims have one another to distract them from focusing on Israel. Muslims fighting Muslims should, at least in the short term, be a plus for Israel.

What the extended future will bring forth from this it's difficult for us to guess. Thankfully God knows and it will all be worked together as part of His plan.

Scripture doesn't tell us to try and fit contemporary news into the prophetic puzzle or spend time wondering if this or that is the key to the final end times drama.

Virtually all the end times prophecy stuff I read which looked at the contemporary news of the 70s and 80s and declared how they were Bible prophecy in action and the end of the end was at hand has been proven false. We know what Scripture says about that.

God has ordained the end times and they will come to pass just as He determines and at the exact time He determines. We are called to be mindful we don't know when Christ will return, to be in a state of expectancy of His return, so as to be busy about the Father's business and growing in personal holiness so He finds us thus when He does return.