• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Addict

• Members

Hello Im new here, and just sharing my story of the wonderful Power of Gods Grace

People often think getting saved is the end all to everything, and when one stumbles people will say well he never truly meant it anyways.
When your a young Christian that's when your going to face your greatest test because that's when the devil is going to use everything in his power and use your every weakness to get you to stumble, and the fact of the matter is some people will and some people wont. Even some of the greatest men in the bible stumbled to temptation look a...t king David.
I am also one of those ones that did. I thought I didn't have to read the bible because Ive read it from front to back over several dozen times, I thought that missing church here and there will be ok, but its not it leads to missing church more and more as we do these things we open our selves up more and more to the devils temptations and believe me he knows you better than you know yourself.
I am one that stumbled, and I am not afraid to say it. I asked a million times, God? if you know what I am going to do before I do it then why did you let this happen? Why did you let me hurt ones that I loved?
And one night God answered me. He said I taught you,I tested you, and I failed you.
I had to learn the lesson that this world and the sins of flesh are to great of a weight to great of a burden for a man to carry on his own.
It took me loosing my pride being humbled broken to the point where I thought I didn't want to live anymore so that I may be a witness to his might to his power that when someone is on the brink of the abyss, when all others had given up when you think all hope is lost all you have to do is call out to him ask him to take the load.
I have done that I have walked the path from light to darkness back to the light, and I can tell you the journey is hard but it was necessary because it took me almost loosing it all breaking my pride humbling to the point of breaking to realize, I am just a man and I cant do it alone. Is there a possibility one can stumble again yes without a doubt, but I know now what will lead you to that path, and I know what it takes to stay on the path the lord wants us to walk.
I know now it was gods plan so I may be an example and a witness for the lord that with the lord guiding we can all find our way back to where he wants us to be, and its never to late to make the change, but its impossible to do alone. It takes God and it takes knowing in your heart and mind that the lord is the only one that can do it for you.
My name is Paul, I have been a sinner a drunkerd an addict a thief a liar a horrible friend father and son. but I know where I go from here for I am no longer in control I am no longer steering my life for I have given it to God.

This is my story and I am not afraid to tell it and I am not afraid any longer to share it, so feel free to share all you want
god bless and love my friends never loose hope
I dedicate this to you Jamie, for your love and the lord have made me want to be a better man.