• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Florida IFB

• Members

​We moved/closed Quonset Point R.I. to JAX/Cecil Field Fla. in the early 70's. Prior to this a large percentage of ASW was at Q.P., PAX River MD, and Brunswick ME, on the east coast. I was as lost as a 'door post' back then. Part of us (helicopters) went to JAX, the other part (fixed wing) went to Cecil Field (now closed). I was there until 1974 and transferred to NAS Corpus Christi, Tx. I was a part of the 'Training Devicemen' Rating (TD's), they also were closed down :) . We had all the flight simulators for training and maintenance. In the 80's they contracted with the civilian community and put TD's to rest. I never worked with the SH's all my work was with S2's and S3's (fixed). I didn't get saved until Nov. 9, 1980 after I transferred to Va. Bch. from Tx. at Tabernacle Baptist (IFB), my pastor was Rodney Bell. I had to change rates so I went to blackshoe and became an FTMC and retired in the fall of 1991.

I have a Navy acronym for you. CBDR, it's mostly shipboard navigation, but they may use it in NAVAIR too. Constant Bearing Decreasing Range (CBDR) has come to mean, for me, Christ's Birth Death and Resurrection.

I appreciate your service and that the Lord got ahold of you up in VA.  I did about 8 years in before I got saved.  I was an "A" school instructor in Pensacola when I got saved.  I'm an Aviation Electrician (AE), this is my first helo squadron, I had done a couple tours in P-3s before this.

I like how you use that acronym.  I will have to borrow it!

• 2 weeks later...