• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

• Members

My whole reason for asking this question was the fact that even some of the churches that are called Baptist have accepted 'lies' about how to 'interpret' some parts of Scripture. 

One I believe that a lot of churches have accepted is that Israel has to become a nation again before the return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

The subject has been discussed before, yet never was there an answer to one particular question of mine.

Which roughly was - where in the Gospels is it mentioned to us that it is important that Israel will become a nation again in the end days?

One answer by Rhonda was a good try, but still does not really say it.

I perceive it nowhere in the NT.

I believe it's a 'lie' that most have accepted.

• Members
6 hours ago, Golgotha said:

The point of no return of being received as a vessel unto honor is when the Bridegroom has come & gone and then those unrepentant but saved believers would have been left behind, but to be received later on as vessels unto dishonor after the great tribulation.

The souls of unrepentant saints that have passed on in this life before the pre trib rapture, are with the Lord, but still waiting under the altar for their inheritance as a vessel unto dishonor in His House just as the souls of repentant saints are awaiting still for their first inheritance as vessels unto honor in joining the Lord at the Marriage Supper.

Running that race by faith in Jesus Christ as our Good Shepherd in laying aside every weight & sin is a continual application of faith in Him to finish that race for us in this life; as the just can only live by faith.

Exanple #1  It is when a saved believer has put off such application of faith in Him to keep them from falling to present them faultless by just following the crowd in going to church every Sunday, joining in without discerning by leaning on Him as their Good Shepherd in whatever iniquity that the church is practicing is how one can be found as unprepared to meet Him.

It is in this 1st example that applies to the OP is how many saved believers follow the crowd when the supernatural happens at their church & the church seek after those seducing spirits to receive after a sign... even the sign of tongues which comes with no interpretation by thinking they are opening themselves up to receive the Holy Spirit "again" which they cannot do when He is already in them as promised.  ( 2 Corinthians 11:1-4 & Matthew 12:39 & 2 Corinthians 13:5 & Timothy 4:1-2 & 2 Timothy 2:16,24-26 & 1 Corinthians 14:20-22,33-34 & Proverbs 25:26-28 1 Corinthians 12:13 & Ephesians 4:4-6 )

Example #2  Also, any saved believer that departed from faith & are no longer a believer or have put off walking with Christ to casually & unrepenttantly live in the world in sin by sowing to the works of the flesh are at risk of being denied by Him which is the result of being left behind, but yet explians why they are dishonorable when they are received by Him after the great tribulation for their inheritance of being damned forever as a vessel unto dishonor, but still in His HOuse.  There are still in His House because they show the amazing grace & power of salvation for any that even just believe in His name as that alone glorifies Jesus as our Savior AND how He is faithful to finish even His work in those left behind in bringing the "lost & paid for sheep Home as our Good Shepherd.

The two examples are how saved believers can be in His House presently in this life, but hardly running the race at all for they are NOT looking to the author & finisher of our faith to finish His work in them as our Good Shepherd before the Bridegroom comes.

2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences. 12 For we commend not ourselves again unto you, but give you occasion to glory on our behalf, that ye may have somewhat to answer them which glory in appearance, and not in heart.

1 Corinthians 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.....8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

It is by running that race by trusting Him ( and we need His help to do even that as well ) as the author & finisher of our faith daily is how we are leaning on Him daily to purge iniquity from us by helping us to continually lay aside every weight & sin until He brings us Home by inheritting that vessel unto honor in His House at the rapture.  We are not perfect yet, but that is what running that race by faith in Him to finish His work in us is all about, & it has been prophesied that many saved believers will not be doing that in these latter days, but have gone astray & find them not preapred by Him to meet the Bridegroom with joy..

Running that race by faith in the Son of God in us & all His promises to us requires "easy believism".  Believe Him as our Savior that we are saved simply by our believing in the gospel which we had heard & believe Him to be our Good Shepherd in preparing a place for us ( which also means preparing us ) so that we may be received by Him in our Father's mansion at the pre trib rapture.

Since we can only serve Him by faith as He enables us, then no elect will have anything to boast about except in the Lord in Heaven.  Indeed, the crowns we receive are His crowning achievements in us & the good work He has done in us & through us is to His glory.

So believe.  Believe in Him all the way Home.  A child can do that for all they can do is trust the Lord at His word.

All truly born again are presented white as snow and spotless to God, all inquity wiped away from the second of salvation for all eternity.

You still misinterpret most passages you present friend. You think the religious lost and tares are saved. Only a lost religious tare will have a form of godliness but deny the power thereof. They believe with their lips but their hearts are far from Him. 

Interesting theory though I will admit but i googled your ideas and see that they are not that imaginative. Apparently the church of Christ came up with this idea first so I assume you come out of that group rejecting their emotional "faith" but still clinging to some of their teachings. This would also explain your disdain for their following seducing spirits and your being careful not to join a group like that again.

Another hole in your church of Christ theory is the vast majority of "christians" you think will go through the tribulation. According to Revelation the only witnessing that will occur during the tribulation will come from the 144K male jewish virgins and the 2 major witnesses come down from God and those heathen untold millions who have never heard the clear Gospel all over the world who do believe the witnesses and lose their heads or hide.

The biggest gapped hole your theory presents is how on earth could any born again believers with the Spirit indwelling be left behind when the Spirit will not remain on earth. He is on earth now only in flesh (believers) hearts. He takes the whole lot of us out at the rapture (IF Biblically BORN AGAIN, not your version of born again).

I have no doubt 100s of millions of "mental assent christians" will be left behind and will be deluded to believe the lie, but no Biblically born again Christians will. I suspect most of your old church of Christ folks will be among them along with most protestants, catholics, the emerging rick warren/ graham rock n rollers, and even many IFB tares.

• Members
4 minutes ago, wretched said:

All truly born again are presented white as snow and spotless to God, all inquity wiped away from the second of salvation for all eternity.

What you say is true when a sinner is born again as saved, for that is when we are clean, but... Jesus said this about being His disciples.

John 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. 3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. 4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. 6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

Abiding in Him as His disciples by His grace & by His help is how we can be received as vessels unto honor in His House;  and His warning applies to when a saved believer stops abiding in Him as His disciple which then comes at the pre trib rapture, they will be cut off, unless they repent in time before the Bridegroom comes.

You cannot say that a saved believer cannot be cut off when Jesus warned us that we can be in verse 6.  Jesus gave the same warning about preparing ourselves in Luke 12:40-49 as He again mentions a cutting off to have that portion with the unbelievers left behind to face the fire coming on the earth.

You have Paul testifying to the possibility of being a castaway.  hence a cutting off in 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

Paul warned us about how we build on that foundation;  1 Corinthians 3:10-17 & the consequences thereof of having the temple of God be destroyed in verse 17 in that day that fire is coming in verse 13, but they are saved as testified in verse 15.

So a saved believer that foolishly sowed to the works of the flesh & had reaped corruption is going to receive the wages for those unrepentant sins:  physical death.

15 minutes ago, wretched said:

You still misinterpret most passages you present friend. You think the religious lost and tares are saved. Only a lost religious tare will have a form of godliness but deny the power thereof. They believe with their lips but their hearts are far from Him. 

What do you think makes up the so called vessels unto "dishonor" in His House?  Why wouldn't those saved believers get cut off for their religious tares & unrepentant sins?

You have to explain those passages instead of just saying I misinterpreted them if you still believe otherwise.

18 minutes ago, wretched said:
6 hours ago, Golgotha said:

The point of no return of being received as a vessel unto honor is when the Bridegroom has come & gone and then those unrepentant but saved believers would have been left behind, but to be received later on as vessels unto dishonor after the great tribulation.

The souls of unrepentant saints that have passed on in this life before the pre trib rapture, are with the Lord, but still waiting under the altar for their inheritance as a vessel unto dishonor in His House just as the souls of repentant saints are awaiting still for their first inheritance as vessels unto honor in joining the Lord at the Marriage Supper.

Running that race by faith in Jesus Christ as our Good Shepherd in laying aside every weight & sin is a continual application of faith in Him to finish that race for us in this life; as the just can only live by faith.

Exanple #1  It is when a saved believer has put off such application of faith in Him to keep them from falling to present them faultless by just following the crowd in going to church every Sunday, joining in without discerning by leaning on Him as their Good Shepherd in whatever iniquity that the church is practicing is how one can be found as unprepared to meet Him.

It is in this 1st example that applies to the OP is how many saved believers follow the crowd when the supernatural happens at their church & the church seek after those seducing spirits to receive after a sign... even the sign of tongues which comes with no interpretation by thinking they are opening themselves up to receive the Holy Spirit "again" which they cannot do when He is already in them as promised.  ( 2 Corinthians 11:1-4 & Matthew 12:39 & 2 Corinthians 13:5 & Timothy 4:1-2 & 2 Timothy 2:16,24-26 & 1 Corinthians 14:20-22,33-34 & Proverbs 25:26-28 1 Corinthians 12:13 & Ephesians 4:4-6 )

Example #2  Also, any saved believer that departed from faith & are no longer a believer or have put off walking with Christ to casually & unrepenttantly live in the world in sin by sowing to the works of the flesh are at risk of being denied by Him which is the result of being left behind, but yet explians why they are dishonorable when they are received by Him after the great tribulation for their inheritance of being damned forever as a vessel unto dishonor, but still in His HOuse.  There are still in His House because they show the amazing grace & power of salvation for any that even just believe in His name as that alone glorifies Jesus as our Savior AND how He is faithful to finish even His work in those left behind in bringing the "lost & paid for sheep Home as our Good Shepherd.

The two examples are how saved believers can be in His House presently in this life, but hardly running the race at all for they are NOT looking to the author & finisher of our faith to finish His work in them as our Good Shepherd before the Bridegroom comes.

2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences. 12 For we commend not ourselves again unto you, but give you occasion to glory on our behalf, that ye may have somewhat to answer them which glory in appearance, and not in heart.

1 Corinthians 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.....8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

It is by running that race by trusting Him ( and we need His help to do even that as well ) as the author & finisher of our faith daily is how we are leaning on Him daily to purge iniquity from us by helping us to continually lay aside every weight & sin until He brings us Home by inheritting that vessel unto honor in His House at the rapture.  We are not perfect yet, but that is what running that race by faith in Him to finish His work in us is all about, & it has been prophesied that many saved believers will not be doing that in these latter days, but have gone astray & find them not preapred by Him to meet the Bridegroom with joy..

Running that race by faith in the Son of God in us & all His promises to us requires "easy believism".  Believe Him as our Savior that we are saved simply by our believing in the gospel which we had heard & believe Him to be our Good Shepherd in preparing a place for us ( which also means preparing us ) so that we may be received by Him in our Father's mansion at the pre trib rapture.

Since we can only serve Him by faith as He enables us, then no elect will have anything to boast about except in the Lord in Heaven.  Indeed, the crowns we receive are His crowning achievements in us & the good work He has done in us & through us is to His glory.

So believe.  Believe in Him all the way Home.  A child can do that for all they can do is trust the Lord at His word.

Interesting theory though I will admit but i googled your ideas and see that they are not that imaginative. Apparently the church of Christ came up with this idea first so I assume you come out of that group rejecting their emotional "faith" but still clinging to some of their teachings. This would also explain your disdain for their following seducing spirits and your being careful not to join a group like that again.

I was not of the Church of Christ.  I was formerly Presbyterian but did have Bible Studies with other affiliated groups like the Crossing Paths ministry & one other group... which I have forgotten now.. other than the one I had attended given by my youth group of my former church in growing up.

I was not confronted with the supernatural until 1994 when I had visited my Aunt's church in Missouri, and my Lord warned me about this a week earlier.  I did not know that this was it until after having been exposed to it.  I had read something from a Daily Bread or an Upper Room booklet that put the question to me;  "Decide this day whom you will serve;  the Lord Jesus Christ or something else in His name".  I had felt an urgency to make this decision.   I said to the Lord, "Well.. you of course."  but the urgency remained, and so I said, "Please help me to do this." and it was right after that was when I had His peace.  And so sure enough.. a week later... I was exposed to the spirits behind the holy laughter movement;  and the Lord kept me from following it in serving & sharing in its glory.  I gave Him thanks for that and still do.

So no... not affiliated with the Church of Christ.

26 minutes ago, wretched said:

Another hole in your church of Christ theory is the vast majority of "christians" you think will go through the tribulation. According to Revelation the only witnessing that will occur during the tribulation will come from the 144K male jewish virgins and the 2 major witnesses come down from God and those heathen untold millions who have never heard the clear Gospel all over the world who do believe the witnesses and lose their heads or hide.

Do not confuse the choosing of the 144,000 Jewish Witnesses for the great tribulation plus the two other witnesses as being the only saints in that great tribulation.  Those witnesses were mentioned because the time of the Gentiles will end when the disposition of the gospel go back to the Jews.

The fall of Babylon was mentioned in Revelation 18th chapter & the saints were slain in her wherein the voice of the bride & bridegroom will no longer be heard in her any more.

That fall of Babylon took place in between the 1st angel giving the gospel to every one & the third angel warning every one of the consequence for taking the mark of the beast which is the lake of fire.  Revelation 14:6-11  Those 3 angels sets up the hour of trial that shall try all on the earth as everyone left behind will know the gospel & the consequence for taking the mark of the beast as that fall of Babylon when one third of the earth is burned up ( hence the entire western hemisphere is how & why New World Order will come about with their mark of the beast system to buy & sell because of limited resources in the world.

Other than this to testify how bad it will be in the churches in Matthew 7:13-27 & Luke 13:24-30; Jesus said this as a cryptic warning as how bad it will be before He comes as to why only a few be raptured.

Luke 18:7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? 8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Only two churches out of seven in Revelations were ready & abiding in Him, but they were exhorted to hold fast and one was given the outright warning of being cast into the great tribulation unless they repent which is also the waring to the other five not abiding in Him.

40 minutes ago, wretched said:

The biggest gapped hole your theory presents is how on earth could any born again believers with the Spirit indwelling be left behind when the Spirit will not remain on earth.

Then explain why His words called those left behind as saints in Revelation 18th chapter that had to be made to rest from their labors as their works will follow them;  which I interpret it as wood, stubble, & hay.. works that deny Him.. as their works will follow them to death as in dust to dust & ashes to ashes?  You can't say new believers after the everlasting gospel was preached ( although it could include them ) BUT Hebrews 4:1-11 comes to mind about laboring in unbelief & thus refusing to cease from their own works to rest in Him, thus made to rest from their labors.  So that is why I do not see those saints as new believers being made to rest from their labors, although after the rapture & the everlasting gospel;  there will be new believers, but hardly any works to follow new believers to ashes.  So this has to apply to the religious that profess Him ( even those wayward saints in the supernatural that profess Him in keeping with the OP ) that you deemed as unsaved, because Paul went on to the 3rd chapter of Thessalonians as clarifying those wicked & unreasonable men that have not faith which follow not after the traditions taught of us & are disorderly that we are to withdraw from them NOT in treating them as the enemy, but to admonish them as brothers still.  Do note that after describing them as all that, Paul calls them brothers still.  He did not go beyond what you did by saying that they were never saved or that they were unsaved.  Something to discern about with Him, brother.