• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Russian and ISIS connection

• Members

Well, I have to say, for people who claim to be only making observations, there's an amazing amount of harmony between the way the observations are made and particular conclusions that could be drawn from them.

I make no judgement based upon that, but I do state the observation from one who has no stake in the issue.

• Members

Well, I have to say, for people who love the USA there is an amazing amount of anti - USA posting on this site, and of late a lot of praise for the Russians. 

I make no judgement based upon that, but I do state the observation from one who has no stake in the issue.

• Members

Well, I have to say, for people who claim to be only making observations, there's an amazing amount of harmony between the way the observations are made and particular conclusions that could be drawn from them.

​I wonder if we can get to 50 before a mod posts?

• Moderators

Zero! Ha!

I'm finding it very interesting that it is non-Americans (I'm assuming here based on your locations) accusing Americans of being anti-American. Shouldn't Americans be making that judgement call?  It is hardly treasonous to point out issues in one's own country - treason would be calling for the overthrow of that country or its lawful government. And who better to see and understand those issues than the Americans themselves?

To be honest, from what I understand of my neighboring country, the America of today is in no way what America was designed to/should be. It has departed so far from its intended path that it is pretty much unrecognizable. Is it treasonous to wish it would return to what it was supposed to be? (I've been reading 'The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History'. Very interesting.)

Now... as far as mod posts... please remember, AlanTaiwan, that this is a discussion forum and occasionally threads depart from their 'intended' bent. As the topic starter, you have the right to close the thread if you so choose. You cannot, however, tell people they shouldn't be posting because you don't like what they're saying. And please, stop calling your brothers in Christ on this forum liars simply because you do not agree with them. I have never known John 81 to post anything I would consider to be anti-American. Seriously, though, we - you and I - are not Americans. It is not up to us in any case to define what counts as 'American'.

• Moderators

Having taken a closer look, I have noticed the following comments. AlanTaiwan, you have called John bitter, deceived, hateful, a 'secret Russian plant' (ha!), a liberal, a liar and a hypocrite. You've called Pilgrim a hypocrite as well and stated that he is misconstruing the scriptures. You've implied that your opponents have the spirit of the devil (!). Calling someone a traitor is a very serious allegation - but it was you who made the statement that could clearly be implied as such, not someone else. You have not been called a traitor, or indeed anything worse than 'angry' - which is not a pejorative term, in my books - and have absolutely no reason to feel as 'persecuted' as your posts indicate. Cease and desist the personal remarks towards others, and do stop taking things so personally yourself. They were not meant so.

• Members

As we look back into history, particularly on the internet, we can see it is slanted by the writer, & selected by the poster. 

History should not be treated as a definitive cause of today, but a warning to avoid yesterday happening today. 

• Members

Well, I have to say, for people who claim to be only making observations, there's an amazing amount of harmony between the way the observations are made and particular conclusions that could be drawn from them.

​Come on, Dave...