• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Russian and ISIS connection

• Members

That's a real stretch to try and couple what the Soviet Union was doing back then with what's going on today. This sounds like those who tried to blame America for 9-11 based on American support of Bin Laden and various radical Islamists during the Soviet/Afghan war and through much of the Cold War.

American and Russia have various connections to one extent or another with most (if not all) of the radical Muslim groups in the Middle East. Most of these connections stem from the Cold War and were connections based upon what seemed expedient to each at the time.

ISIS rose up against the Syrian president, an ally of Russia, and Russia has supported the Syrian president against ISIS. Russia offered to join forces with America in a coalition to exterminate ISIS but Obama rejected the idea without consideration. Instead, Obama chose to hope ISIS would overthrow the Syrian president and establish a friendly government in Syria (something everyone but Obama knew wouldn't happen).

American and Russian fingerprints are all over the Middle East. Some stemming from the Cold War, some stemming from the fact both countries have problems with Isalmic terrorism.

Many of the troubles in the Middle East today go back to the British drawing artificial boundaries in the Middle East when they pulled out of there. These artificial boundaries were not, and are not, to the liking of the people who call that area home. That was then, and has proven to be even today, a recipe for unrest, strife and conflict. This is also why both America and Russia have sided with and worked with dictators, despots and radicals in the Middle East who were able to maintain a measure of stability in the region.

The artificial dividing of their land, the intra-Islam battles between Shiite and Sunni, the Islamic mandate to convert the world to Islam, and the constant outside involvement of scores of other nations, and it's little wonder the Middle East is the mess it is today.

• Members

John81,

You may have have some insight on the situation when you said, "...and it's little wonder the Middle East is the mess it is today." It is a mess. Part of the current problem, as you brought out, was the artificial bounderies that the British concocted, arbitraily, years ago.

• Members

ISIS is as much a threat to Russia as it is to the west.  ISIS is connected with the rebels in Chechnya.  

ISIS has the aim to include all Muslim lands, then former Muslim lands like Spain and Portugal, and Eastern Europe like Bulgaria, etc.  From that they aim to expand to include the whole world. 

• Members

Officially speaking, Putin is a Facist. He is a member of the Faciest Party. But, the ideals of communism is still in his head.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/371002/whitewashing-communism-john-fund

Anybody have any thoughts?uncle-smiley-1.thumb.gif.a13e15ce904470f

​Old propaganda piece, I don't know what there is to say about that article.

Putin has openly denounced communism as a failure but he refuses to denounce Russia's accomplishments during the time of communism. Russia suffered tremendous losses in WWII (a great deal of the reason for that is at the bloody feet of communist Stalin) yet they pulled themselves together and successfully fought back the bulk of the German army. They shouldn't have to hide that as part of their turning their backs on communism.

Putin has made it clear his intentions have been to move Russia in a more historical direction of Russian nationalism and defender of Christianity. This includes making the Russian borders secure, dealing with Muslim terrorism, pushing back liberalism (which requires pushing back against former communist ways), reintroducing and supporting Christian morality in society, taking a pro-Russian stand on the world stage while reaching out to those willing to work together economically and/or in matters of international security.

Putin is no more a saint or villain than most other world leaders. They all have their good points and bad; which perspective effects ones view of the percentage of each. Obama is a globalist while Putin is a nationalist (which makes him an anti-globalist). Most Western leaders are also globalists, which puts them at odds with Putin and other anti-globalist leaders.

The West knows Russia is no real threat as they claim them to be in the media. If there were real fear of Russia invading Ukraine or other countries mentioned by some wild eyed politicians, Germany would never have joined with Obama in poking Russia. One of Germany's greatest fears, which most of Western Europe also fears, is a war in Europe. Were there real fears Russia were considering an actual take over of Ukraine, their own fear of war would drive them to make whatever deal necessary to keep Russia from invading Ukraine and they would reject all sanctions against Russia.

The only reason the happenings in Ukraine are even still in the media is because this is Obama-drama and the media loves to do Obama's bidding.

Obama will be out of office soon. The next Russian presidential election is in 2018 so Putin's time is growing short as well.

American attention would be much better served restoring America. Rome had massive armies scattered throughout their known world and were busy trying to dictate or influence the affairs of other nations even while Rome rotted from within. Rather than dealing with their internal problems Rome chose a course of foreign affairs focus, constant claims of threats from outside that must be stood against, and a domestic policy of bread circuses to distract the populace from reality. At present, America seems to be following a similar course. Add to that the growing repudiation of Christianity in America and we have a recipe for severe disaster.

• Members

​and defender of Christianity.

The West knows Russia is no real threat as they claim them to be in the media. If there were real fear of Russia invading Ukraine or other countries mentioned by some wild eyed politicians, Germany would never have joined with Obama in poking Russia. One of Germany's greatest fears, which most of Western Europe also fears, is a war in Europe. Were there real fears Russia were considering an actual take over of Ukraine, their own fear of war would drive them to make whatever deal necessary to keep Russia from invading Ukraine and they would reject all sanctions against Russia.

American attention would be much better served restoring America. Rome had massive armies scattered throughout their known world and were busy trying to dictate or influence the affairs of other nations even while Rome rotted from within. Rather than dealing with their internal problems Rome chose a course of foreign affairs focus, constant claims of threats from outside that must be stood against, and a domestic policy of bread circuses to distract the populace from reality. At present, America seems to be following a similar course. Add to that the growing repudiation of Christianity in America and we have a recipe for severe disaster.

John, "...Putin is a, "defender of Christianity."Any person who truly believes that statement is decevied or is trying to deceive others? Which one are you? That statement is lie. A deliberate lie in  order to decieve Christians in a Christian post.

America is trying to defend a Ukraine and Europe from Russion aggression. You are really blinded by your hatred towards America.

John, every time you post you always have a bitter hatred for America and talk about how the intentions of Putin are honorable. Are you deceived? Are you bitter against America? Are you a secret Russion plant planting disinformation? Are you a liberal that blames America for the ills of the world? Not one time in any of your posts have you said anything good about America.

John, I say this as a friend. You need to cleanse yourself of your bitter and hateful spirit. Why don't you ask the Lord Jesus to cleanse you of your bitter and hateful spirit? Does not the sriptures tell us to pray for our leaders?  Do you sincerely pray for Obama? Does not the the scriptures tell us to be happy and joyful? I feel sorry you have such a bitter spirit and hate in your heart. If America is that bad;  and Russia so good; why don't you just move to Russia?

1 John 1:9, "I  we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us from all unrighteousness"  1John 1:9

salute-flag.thumb.gif.cab4e57e4a8f95fff1

• Members

John, "...Putin is a, "defender of Christianity."Any person who truly believes that statement is decevied or is trying to deceive others? Which one are you? That statement is lie. A deliberate lie in  order to decieve Christians in a Christian post.

America is trying to defend a Ukraine and Europe from Russion aggression. You are really blinded by your hatred towards America.

John, every time you post you always have a bitter hatred for America and talk about how the intentions of Putin are honorable. Are you deceived? Are you bitter against America? Are you a secret Russion plant planting disinformation? Are you a liberal that blames America for the ills of the world? Not one time in any of your posts have you said anything good about America.

John, I say this as a friend. You need to cleanse yourself of your bitter and hateful spirit. Why don't you ask the Lord Jesus to cleanse you of your bitter and hateful spirit? Does not the sriptures tell us to pray for our leaders?  Do you sincerely pray for Obama? Does not the the scriptures tell us to be happy and joyful? I feel sorry you have such a bitter spirit and hate in your heart. If America is that bad;  and Russia so good; why don't you just move to Russia?

1 John 1:9, "I  we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us from all unrighteousness"  1John 1:9

salute-flag.thumb.gif.cab4e57e4a8f95fff1

​I have absolutely no idea whatsoever how you come to the conclusion I have a hated of America:puzzled3: I love America, my home, I always have, I always will.

Historically, since Russia became Christian and the Russian Orthodox Church became prominent in Russia, Russia has considered herself to be a defender of Christianity. Naturally, under the atheistic communists this ceased to be. Putin, as part of his nationalist policies has revived this concept.

Note that I never said Putin/Russia was a defender of biblical Christianity. It's clear the Christianity Russia is most associated with, and for which they are defending, is of the Russia Orthodox variety. Even with that, until Obama decided to play schoolboy games against Putin/Russia, biblical Christianity was also thriving in Russia. I know of two separate Baptist churches which have grown greatly under Putin and experienced no problems until Obama started pushing Russia's buttons. Now there are some who are concerned the Baptist churches might be a CIA front since all through the Cold War many Christians (real and secular) served in some capacity for the CIA in foreign countries.

I've no love (or hate, for that matter) towards Russia. Russia, in the form of the Soviet Union, was an enemy of my home for the first half of my life. Russia is an ancestral enemy of my families ancestral origins in Germany. In evaluating any nation or leader I dig for the facts and follow where they lead. Wherever that may be it typically doesn't lead to emotions of love or hate, just understanding.

There is no Russian aggression towards Ukraine or Europe. Russia has been very careful even while dealing with a chaotic, crisis situation on her border to make sure it's clear they have no aggressive plans. All of Russia is under American spy satellites and there are no aggressive moves being made.

Past American presidents have made it clear that whether Ukraine is free or under Russian control, Ukraine is of no vital interest to America. European nations have made it clear they fear war, especially war with Russia, above all else. The nations of Europe wouldn't dare play Obama's game of poking Russia if they had any real fear of Russian aggression.

For whatever reason you have greatly, and wrongly, judged me in this matter. Time and again, here and in various threads, I've called for prayer for America, prayer, fasting and spreading of the Gospel towards a hoped for revival or awakening in America. I've called for a return to original intent constitutional government. If I didn't love my country, I wouldn't care what befalls her. I love America, I love our Lord even more, and I would love to see the two brought together.

Accepting the actual facts regarding Russia, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, China, Canada, America, Mexico and other nations has no influence over my love for America, my home, sweet home.

• Members

I  honestly do not believe you.

​That's a very sad statement and grieves my heart. Considering you don't know me that's a very harsh, unjustified, wrong judgment.

My early years were a time when loving America wasn't popular, patriotism was looked down upon, respecting those who served in our military wasn't the norm, yet my family stood strong for America and they instilled that in me. To this day I recall the words my Mom and Dad spoke against the anti-social, anti-American hippies and so-called "peace protesters". I remember helping my Grandpa place American flags on every corner of his camper and truck when we went camping and him telling me why. I listened to the stories the men of my family would tell of their time in the military; times of fun, times of fear, and always with a measure of pride in having served America.

I attended a small town public school with patriotic teachers and staff. On those rare occasions when our principle would fill-in for a teacher it was something I looked forward to because regardless of the class he spent the time talking about America, past, present and future.

While others were reading about baseball or trying to get hold of a Playboy magazine in school, I was reading histories and biographies of America and the men who made her great. I celebrated America's bicentennial with love and awe while most my age barely took notice. I joined the Air Force shortly after high school and can still recall how my heart swelled when I first put on that uniform. I cast my first presidential vote for Ronald Reagan, greatly inspired by his pro-American speeches and his call for a renewed American greatness.

Now, having taken the time to write all that I realize it may make no difference to you at all since you accuse me of being a liar. Nevertheless, the fact remains, I was raised and grew up loving America and that's how I remain to this day.

I will cast no aspersions your way. I simply wish you a good day.

• Members

These times remind me of the times of Jeremiah.  Great trouble is coming upon this nation and anyone who speaks of it's sins is a traitor.  Sad indeed.

​Pilgram,

Please clarify this statement. Who is calling whom a traitor? Please be clear and precise. Calling somebody a traitor is a very serious accusation.

• Members

​Pilgram,

Please clarify this statement. Who is calling whom a traitor? Please be clear and precise. Calling somebody a traitor is a very serious accusation.

​Much like calling a brother in Christ a liar. Perhaps we would be better off discussing other matters.