• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Introduction

• Members

Hi, My name is Janine and I'm a King James Bible believer, also belong to a Independent Fundamental Baptist Church in Illinois called Messiah Baptist.  My husband and I started this church in our garage we fixed up into a church.  Small but nice !  Our town was in need of a Independent Fundamental  Baptist Church.  I am glad to be a part of this site!  Thank You

• Members

Howdy Janine! Great to have you here and to hear of the garage turned into an IFB church!

When I noticed you said you were in Illinois my first thought was I hadn't heard of that church, which wouldn't be all that unusual, and I started thinking of the churches Sheldon Smith and some others visit each year in that State but then I read you and your husband started the church in your garage and realized it was no wonder I hadn't recalled seeing that church name on any of the IFB speakers lists! Great story.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

The church is going ok, wish we had more people!  Alot of people in town criticise it for being in a garage but we fixed it up and its very nice!  You cannot even tell its in a garage!

​HaHa, could be a lot worse. I was in a church that was started in the old Elks Lodge building. I was in one that the building had formerly been an old redneck bar. The one I pastor is in what used to be the Mormon Church's building -- talk about talk of the town!