• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Revelation chapter 19-22 Study.

• Members

Brethren,

Here is the chart # 2, "Chart on the Millennium as Revealed in Revelation 20:4-6."

image.png.994be05b52a1047a89838866317adf02.png

Linux LibreOffice Draw

Looking forward to any questions, comments, or thoughts. As with all of my material I post on OnLine Baptist, all of the charts are not copyrighted and may be used as lessons for all; including the internet is so desired. It is my hope that the charts will be a blessing to all.

Alan

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Hi Alan,

You have done an amazing job in the Lord to write in such detail. Now as I also do love God`s word and especially Revelation as it reveals the glorified exalted Lord Jesus Christ as He is known in the heavenly realms. There are a few details that I would like to discuss with you, (& others) however I will leave them for their own thread so as not to detract on the great work here.

regards, Marilyn.

• Members

Alan,

Thank you for your dedication on providing us with a comprehensive bible study on the book of Revelation. Your notes and observations are above par than the normative expository preaching's or teachings of other expository teachers. The outlines and charts added has given me a leg up when it comes to contending for the truth against false teachers, as I gleaned plenty from them. I've also noticed how some Christians veer away from the book of Revelation because of the "Tribulation" and what takes place during that time in History. They find the judgments of Almighty God a bit daunting. Most of the major prophecies in the Bible have already been fulfilled, with the exception of Revelation . . . where we look to the future and the glorious return of Christ for His bride. Nothing to be afraid of when it comes to us as believers regarding the Book of Revelation. On the other hand: unbelievers need to repent of their sins and ask God for forgiveness and mercy. . . and for Jesus to be the Lord of their life.

• 8 months later...
  • Members
10 hours ago, Rosie said:

I've always been taught that the marriage supper of the Lamb was going to be in Heaven during the tribulation period, recent;y I heard its going to be on earth after the tribulation period.. Would someone please tell me the truth here please

Rosie,

I had discussed, and answered this question in my, "Revelation chapter 19-22 Study."

Below is the answer to your question.

On 3/7/2015 at 9:22 PM, Alan said:

Revelation 19: 7-10, “The Marriage Supper of the Lamb.”

Verse 7, “Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

Verse 8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

Verse 9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Verse 10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellow-servant, and of the brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”

Very Important notes: At this point in our study of the prophetic events in the Book of Revelation we need to make sure of four key points in the interpretation, and order of events, of prophecy:

1. “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” 2 Timothy 2:15 All of the various religions, cults, false prophets, et al, can ‘divide’ the scriptures; but they do not have the spiritual discernment to ‘rightly’ divide the scriptures. “ 1 Corinthians 2:13 & 14, “Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.” The confusion concerning the fulfillment of the prophetic prophesies of the prophets is due to corrupt doctrine in the churches, denominational bias, and of evil influences. “For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all of the saints.” 1 Corinthians 14:33

2. “Give none offense, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God.” 1 Corinthians 10:32. Concerning prophecy, there are specific promises and prophesies given to the elect sons of Israel; specific prophecies concerning the unbelieving Gentile nations, and specific promises to the elect in the church of God (believing Jews and Gentiles in the Church Age).

3. “… for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.” Revelation 19:10 Amen!

4. The prophetic prophecies by the prophets in the Old Testament concerning the restoration of Israel, the coming of the Messiah, and the times of ‘Jacob’s Trouble,’ (the Tribulation Period)and the prophesies of the Lord Jesus, particularly Matthew chapter 24 & 25, the prophecies of Paul, Peter and John are not always written in the order of sequence. The proper order of sequences of the prophecies is ‘revealed’ in the Book of Revelation. Because God is the God of order, “Let all things be done decently and in order.” 1 Corinthians 14:10, God gave us the proper order of prophetic events clearly delineated in the Book of Revelation.

“…the marriage of the Lamb is come…”

In the Old Testament the wife of Jehovah is the Jewish nation of Israel. In the Church Age the nation of Israel is pictured as an adulterous wife: Please study Jeremiah and Hosea.

The Lamb is the Lord Jesus Christ. “The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.” John 1:29

In the New Testament the wife of the Lord Jesus is the church. I must add; the church is comprised of born again Jews and Gentiles who are saved, not those necessarily belonging to some, ‘church.’ The book of Ephesians gives us an in-depth description of the spiritual relationship between the church and the Saviour. Particularly: Ephesians 12:4, 22 & 23; 2:6 & 7, and 5:23-33

“…and his wife hath made herself ready.”

The ‘wife’ is the church. The reason why the church is not mentioned during the events of the Great Tribulation Period, or the ‘Times of Jacob’s trouble,’ is due to the fact that the church has been in heaven since Revelation 4:1. The church, during the Tribulation Period, Revelation chapter 6-18, has been being made ‘ready’ for the Marriage Supper of the Lamb. Almost without exception, every bride, in every country, in every age, is secretly taken away to be made ‘ready’ for her marriage. In Revelation 4:1 The church was secretly taken out of the world at the ‘Rapture,’ in order to be made ‘ready’ for her bridegroom.

This being made ‘ready’ is primarily a reference to the cleansing of heretical doctrine in the church and the giving of rewards to the Church Age saints at the, ‘Judgment Seat of Christ,’ as spoken by Paul in Romans 14:10-12, 1 Corinthians 3:8-15, and 2 Corinthians 5:10. Salvation and service are two different aspects in the Christian life.

Paul wrote this testimony shortly before his death, “For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.” 2 Timothy 4:6

And, “That he [Christ] might sanctify and cleanse it [the church] with the washing by the word.” Ephesians 5:26. Brethren, please take this lesson as a friendly word of warning. If you are not going to be cleansed from your sins and from corrupt doctrine while you live on the earth by the word of God, the Lord Jesus will personally cleanse every Christian of the corrupt doctrines, corrupt Bibles, corrupt associations, and corrupt behavior, at the Judgment Seat of Christ.

The Lord Jesus performed one act at the Temple of God at the beginning of His earthly ministry and at the end of His earthly ministry that all of the saints need to take very careful heed. The Lord Jesus ‘cleansed’ the Temple of God. One day the Lord Jesus will again ‘cleanse’ the Temple of God. “What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?” 1 Corinthians 6:19

“…for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.”  

1. Righteousness in Salvation. When a person believes on the Lord Jesus as Saviour he is made ‘righteous’ in the sight of God. 2 Corinthians 5:21

2. Righteousness in Daily Holiness. In our daily walk with the Lord Jesus we need to be ‘righteous’ in our thoughts, our behavior, our companionship, and relationship with our fellow man. 2 Corinthians 6: 11-18, 2 Timothy 2:19-21, and the rest of the writings of the Apostles in the New Testament. 1 Peter1:16, “Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.” Some of the saints on God’s green earth are not holy and therefore, not ‘ready.’ All of us though will be made ‘ready,’ or ‘holy,’ in preparation for our marriage with the Lamb. Glory Hallelujah!

The Lord Jesus wants a ‘chaste virgin’ for His bride: 2 Corinthians 11:2

“…which are called…”

Every person who has answered the, ‘call of salvation,’ will be ‘called,’ to the marriage supper of the Lamb. The ‘calling’ of the saints to the marriage supper was made when the Lord Jesus ‘called’ the saints into heaven. “For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.” 1 Thessalonians 4:16 & 17

“…See thou do it not…”

The Apostle John mistakenly fell down to worship this man of God. The man of God, as any true man of God, told him not to do it. If the Pope, the Cardinals, and the Priests of the Roman Catholic Church were true men of God (which they are not in any sense of the word), then they would not allow people to fall at their feet. It is Satanic for a man to allow another man to fall at his feet in worship and not to correct him for his error.

“…for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”

All of the prophesies of the Old Testament, and, the prophesies of the New Testament, point to some aspect of the character, work, testimony, and person of the Lord Jesus as the Messiah.

Rosie,

The Marriage Supper of the Lamb takes place in heaven, after the rapture in Revelation 4, during the 7 Year Tribulation Period as prophesied in Revelation chapter 6-19:10.

Therefore, the marriage Supper of the Lamb takes place in heaven and not on the earth. And, it takes place during, the 7 Year Tribulation and not after. Immediately after the Marriage Supper of the Lamb the Lord Jesus returns to the earth as described in Revelation 19:11-21

If you have any further questions, or if I am not clear enough, please ask.

Alan

Edited by Alan
added the sentence concerning Revelation 19:11-21

• Members

Concerning the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.

In Revelation 19:1 we read, "And after these things..." The "after these things" is a reference to the judgment of the Great Whore of Revelation Chapter 18. The Judgment of the Great whore in Revelation Chapter 18 does not end the Tribulation Period, or, more correctly as I previously brought out, the "Time of Jacobs' Trouble," and “the hour of temptation" brought on the the whole earth. The "Time of Jacobs Trouble," or the Tribulation Period, does not end until the conclusion of the war in Revelation 19:11-21.

In Revelation 19:2-6 the rejoicing is for the judgment on the Great Whore not on the end of the tribulation period.

Among independent Baptists, most of the errors concerning where the Marriage Supper of the Lamb, and the events of the Tribulation period, comes from the "New IFB" brethren: Pastor Steven Anderson and his disciples. Pastor Steven Anderson teaches, "Well the problem with that is, is that the Bible says that the "marriage of the lamb is come" in Revelation 19, which is AFTER the tribulation AND AFTER God has already poured out all His wrath! And the seven vials of His wrath have been poured out, he has already destroyed Babylon, and now here in chapter 19, he is saying "the marriage of the lamb is come".1 Pastor Anderson is incorrect."The events of Revelation 19:1-10 take place after the judgment of the Great Whore and not the tribulation period.

Also, Steven Anderson states that here is no reference in the Bible for a wedding feast, except for the, “Philistine Wedding feast,” that lasted seven days: Judges 14:10-20. Pastor Anderson states that this was a “Philistine” wedding feast. It may or may not be a Philistine wedding feast. I will not belabor that point. What I do want to mention is that Anderson states a half-truth in order to deceive. Anderson twists the scripture to say a “wedding feast.” In other words, he will only accept the wording that he wants. Anderson states, “This is a Philistine wedding practice of having a 7 day feast. That's the only place I see it. I don't see it in Leviticus, I don't see it in Numbers, I don't see it in Deuteronomy, I don't see God teaching this - I see the world doing this.”2 Evidently, Pastor Anderson has not read the book of Deuteronomy very closely, or he is deliberately ignoring it in order to deceive.

Steven Anderson ignores, or does not care for, or does not mention in order to deceive, the command of God as found in Deuteronomy 24:5, “When a man hath taken a new wife, he shall not go out to war, neither shall he be charged with any business: but he shall be free at home one year, and shall cheer up his wife which he hath taken.” According to God Almighty, not according to a Jewish tradition, nor a Philistine tradition, when a Jewish male got married he was not to go to war, nor do any other type of business, for one year after the marriage was consummated.

The Lord Jesus is a Jewish male. The Lord Jesus, after His marriage to His bride the church, was not to go to war nor any other business, for one year. The home of the Bride of Christ is heaven. The Bride of Christ, the church, will stay with the Bride, the Lord Jesus, in heaven, until the events of the war as depicted in Revelation 19:11-21. As with the Jewish men in the Old Testament who followed this commandment in Deuteronomy 24:5, he will “cheer up his wife which he has taken.” The Lord Jesus is going to “take” up His bride, the church, secretly, as depicted in 1 Thessalonians 4:11-18 and “cheer” us up as the world is judged and the nation of Israel is saved.

1Anderson, Steven “Post-Tribulation Moment # 43 Marriage Supper of the Lamb”Faithful Word Baptist Church. Pastor Steven Anderson. N. D. page 1

2Anderson, Steven “Post-Tribulation Moment # 43 Marriage Supper of the Lamb”Faithful Word Baptist Church. Pastor Steven Anderson. N. D. page 1

Edited by Alan
grammar (2) added a phrase for grammar (2)

• Members
17 minutes ago, Alan said:

You may ask.

In connection with the (blue) statement, "Revelation 20:4 Beheaded souls - Reigned" in the (Yellow) statement, it said, "The reign of Christ on the earth is for a literal 1,000 Years. In fulfillment of Daniel 2:44 & 45; 7:9,10,13 & 14".

In charity (1 Cor. 13), having studied Daniel and Revelation in some detail, and knowing their super-structure, and parallels (which I may share as needful), I do not find that the 1,000 years reign of Christ Jesus with the saints will be on earth.

Would you be able to show me, in the mouth of two or three specific and explicit texts (witnesses) wherein the Bible teaches that the 1,000 Years reign of Christ Jesus and the saints will be on earth?

Thank you for considering my question/s.  I pray not to offend.

• Members
45 minutes ago, EvangAlived said:

In connection with the (blue) statement, "Revelation 20:4 Beheaded souls - Reigned" in the (Yellow) statement, it said, "The reign of Christ on the earth is for a literal 1,000 Years. In fulfillment of Daniel 2:44 & 45; 7:9,10,13 & 14".

In charity (1 Cor. 13), having studied Daniel and Revelation in some detail, and knowing their super-structure, and parallels (which I may share as needful), I do not find that the 1,000 years reign of Christ Jesus with the saints will be on earth.

Would you be able to show me, in the mouth of two or three specific and explicit texts (witnesses) wherein the Bible teaches that the 1,000 Years reign of Christ Jesus and the saints will be on earth?

EvanAlived,

You have not offended one bit at all. I appreciate your question.

1. I fail to see how the subject of Charity, as written in 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 has a direct bearing on whether or not the reign of Christ is a literal, or not literal, 1000 years on the the earth. A lot of people presume that God will, or will not, a lot things based on their own reasoning of how Charity is shown, or given, to others. A study on the relationship with 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 is a different subject that needs to be discussed in another forum.

2. Nor am I interested in studying the parallels, or super-structure, of Daniel and Revelation (the reason for this answer is found in my answer number 3).

3. Based on a complete study of Daniel and Revelation, and the other prophecies of the Old Testament prophets, it is very clear, may I repeat very clear, that the 1000 year millennial reign of Christ is literal and is upon the face of this current earth.

4. On the following study,  in order to go into more detail concerning the Millennium, I did an in-depth study on the prophecies of the Old Testament prophets on the literal 1000 Year Reign of Christ. Here is that link: https://onlinebaptist.com/forums/topic/23615-revelation-bible-study/?page=1

5. You asked for three references for a literal reign on the earth, on page 3 of this study, on Revelation 20:4-6, I listed at least 21 passages in the Old Testament that clearly state that the Kingdom of God, the 1000 Year Reign on the Earth, will take place as Revelation 20:3-6 states. Here is that link:

I noticed in your post that you did not reference any of these passages that I had previously mentioned on page 3, the lesson on Revelation 20:4-6. I would suggest that you do so.  On the Revelation Study thread I went into great detail on the 21 passages and numerous others. Here is that link again: https://onlinebaptist.com/forums/topic/23615-revelation-bible-study/?page=1

Now, can I ask you a question. It appears to me, by the questions that you asked, that your beliefs coincide with the beliefs of the Seventh Day Adventist religion. Are you a Seventh Day Adventist? Is so, please inform me so I can know how more properly answer you by scripture. If not, please inform us what church denomination that you affiliate yourself with?

Alan

P.S.

One last question.

You asked me if you could ask a question concerning the chart; but, you did not ask about any of the passages on the chart. On the chart on Revelation 20:4-6 I listed more than three passages but you did not reference any of these passages. I am wondering why.

Alan

• Members
1 hour ago, Alan said:

1. I fail to see how the subject of Charity, as written in 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 has a direct bearing on whether or not the reign of Christ is a literal, or not literal, 1000 years on the the earth. A lot of people presume that God will, or will not, a lot things based on their own reasoning of how Charity is shown, or given, to others. A study on the relationship with 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 is a different subject that needs to be discussed in another forum.

I asked in "charity" (1 Cor. 13), not to pick a fight, but to bring about discussion.

1 hour ago, Alan said:

2. Nor am I interested in studying the parallels, or super-structure, of Daniel and Revelation (the reason for this answer is found in my answer number 3).

Scripture says:

Pro 18:17  He that is first in his own cause seemeth just; but his neighbour cometh and searcheth him.

Pro 18:13  He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.

Are these words true?  Then, since they are, I would ask that you might indeed consider what I have to share before saying, "nor am I interested in studying the parallels, or super-structure, of Daniel and Revelation:".  If not, I cannot make anyone do anything.

I have read what you have to present.  As I have studied, in that which was mentioned, it disagrees with a 1000 year upon the earth, and thus my question, again in "charity" (1 Cor. 13).

1 hour ago, Alan said:

3. Based on a complete study of Daniel and Revelation, and the other prophecies of the Old Testament prophets, it is very clear, may I repeat very clear, that the 1000 year millennial reign of Christ is literal and is upon the face of this current earth.

I know that is that you believe, but my question specifically asked for the explicit evidence from scripture in the mouth of two or three witnesses.  What I received instead for reply was not conducive to a simple and explicit answer.  I only requested 2-3 simple KJB texts.  Perhaps you would attempt again for me?  Again I  ask in "charity" (1 Cor. 13).  Please.  I am only looking for 2-3 simple texts which explicitly state that the 1000 years reign will be on earth.  I know of no such text (not even one) in all of scripture (KJB), and thus my question, to see where you are presently drawing such a belief.  Therefore, brother Alan, if you would help by providing those 2-3 primary and explicit texts.  Sure, I would require a thus saith the Lord and it is written.

1 hour ago, Alan said:

4. On the following study,  in order to go into more detail concerning the Millennium, I did an in-depth study on the prophecies of the Old Testament prophets on the literal 1000 Year Reign of Christ. Here is that link: https://onlinebaptist.com/forums/topic/23615-revelation-bible-study/?page=1

Brother Alan, I did not ask for a 'link'.  I only asked for 2-3 KJB witnesses.  You desire me to read that, but will you still not be "interested" in the greater super-structure and parallels that I would present?  Very strange.  Brother, that is a one way street, and not discussion, surely.  Do you see, how I might take that?

However, being willing to not offend, and to give opportunity to you, I have considered your thread, and the material therein.  I see that you often cite Revelation 20:4-6 in regards the 1000 years.

Brother, wherein those texts, does it explicitly say that the 1,000 years reign will be on earth?  I do not read any such thing therein.

Rev 20:4  And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Rev 20:5  But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Rev 20:6  Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Where is the "reign on the earth" part?

In another place you state, "Lesson # 1: Isaiah 9:6 tells us there will be no end to the Kingdom. The Kingdom will continue throughout eternity."

Surely, I agree with both Revelation and Isaiah.  However, can you show me where Isaiah (even a single text) said that the "reign" would be on earth for "1,000 Years"?

What you just said, in regards Isaiah, is "continue throughout eternity".

Brother, that is a contradiction of terms.

[1] 1000 years (time limit) is not, and cannot be

[2] throughout eternity (eternal, having no end, or "for ever and ever").

The first is 'finite', and the second 'infinite'.

Thus when you stated, " 1. The 1000 Year reign of Christ as KING OF KING AND LORD OF LORDS take place in Revelation 20:4-6 "

Wherein those texts does it say that the reign of 1000 years is on earth?  Can you cite and highlight the place?

Hence my original question to you.

You stated, " "..a new earth..." is created in Revelation 22:1 immediately after the Great White Throne of Judgment. "

That is all well and good, but please consider the "time":

Rev 21:1  And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Rev 22:3  And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
Rev 22:4  And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
Rev 22:5  And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Rev_11:15  And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

The "reign" upon the "earth" (made new) is "for ever and ever" (eternal).

I presently know of no scripture (KJB), which states that the saints ever reign upon the sin-polluted, seven last plague-wracked and broken down earth for any amount of time, not 1000 years, neither for ever and ever.  For instance, at the 2nd Advent the very atmosphere is ripped apart, and the sun and moon are moved out of their places:

Joe_3:16  The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.

Heb 12:26  Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

Heb_12:27  And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

Mat_24:29  Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mar_13:25  And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.
Luk_21:26  Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

Rev_16:18  And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.

Rev 6:14  And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

This was why I had asked you the question in "charity" (1 Cor. 13).

1 hour ago, Alan said:

5. You asked for three references for a literal reign on the earth, on page 3 of this study, on Revelation 20:4-6, I listed at least 21 passages in the Old Testament that clearly state that the Kingdom of God, the 1000 Year Reign on the Earth, will take place as Revelation 20:3-6 states. Here is that link: 

I noticed in your post that you did not reference any of these passages that I had previously mentioned on page 3, the lesson on Revelation 20:4-6. I would suggest that you do so.  On the Revelation Study thread I went into great detail on the 21 passages and numerous others. Here is that link again: https://onlinebaptist.com/forums/topic/23615-revelation-bible-study/?page=1

No brother Alan.  I did not ask for references for a literal reign upon the earth.  Allow me to here repeat my question to you, once again (without offense I pray):

2 hours ago, EvangAlived said:

I pray you see the difference in the reply and in my question.  The passages cited do not say that the 1000 years reign is upon the earth, in any one of them.  If I have missed such a reference, please be clear to present that text or texts in reply to this thread and highlight the portion I may have missed.  I, again, am only looking, for 2-3 scriptural witnesses. and then I will be glad to accept them.  I, however, presently, know of no such text or texts.

1 hour ago, Alan said:

Now, can I ask you a question. It appears to me, by the questions that you asked, that your beliefs coincide with the beliefs of the Seventh Day Adventist religion. Are you a Seventh Day Adventist? Is so, please inform me so I can know how more properly answer you by scripture. If not, please inform us what church denomination that you affiliate yourself with?

Alan

As much as this line of questioning seems important to you, it is not so to me.  If you will look upon my profile, the Bible (KJB) is my final authority in all matters of faith and practice.  I pray you take me at this word, for my yea is yea.  The question is rather odd, and also is non-sequitur to my chartiable (1 Cor. 13) question, and non-sequitur to the thread itself.  It seems to be a sort of Ad-Hominem, though not really in my opinion, since I do not feel the same way about the SDA as some on this board may.

As stated in my introduction to the forums, I have been to many forums, and studied with many persons, and that includes Seventh-day Adventists (whom I do not see as you, or this board sees (this board has great misunderstanding in regards SDA, but I am not here to defend such atm).  I also have a few Seventh-day Adventist friends.  Yet, there were also Baptist friends, Catholic friends and so on.  Most of whom are online, though a few in RL.

If you desire to know more about me, please begin with the introduction thread.  Do you ask others who disagree with you the same (I am curious to know, but it is neither here nor there)?

Brother Alan, I do not see how this line of questioning has anything to do with what I originally asked.

If you desire to help me, in answering my original question to you, please cite the texts (just 2-3 would be fine).

1 hour ago, Alan said:

P.S.

One last question.

You asked me if you could ask a question concerning the chart; but, you did not ask about any of the passages on the chart. On the chart on Revelation 20:4-6 I listed more than three passages but you did not reference any of these passages. I am wondering why.

Alan

Brother Alan, none of the texts cited on the chart say that the 1,000 years reign is upon earth, not even Revelation 20:4-6.  This is why I had asked for 2-3 clear and explicit texts.

Would you please share those 2-3 texts, so that we may not be divided in thought?

• Members

EvangAlived,

In my estimation, you are deliberately ignoring my previous posts and links in order to debate the question of whether or not Reign of Christ as depicted in Revelation 20:4-6 is literal or not. I have answered the question very clearly and adequately.

In my estimation, you are the one who is trying to engage in a debate on this subject as you are in complete disagreement with a literal reign of Christ on the earth as depicted in Revelation 20:4-6. I am not going to debate the issue, nor am I going to continue to discuss the issue with you, as you have already ignored my previous answer.

As for as charity, as mentioned in 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 is concerned. The apostle Paul stated that charity, "Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth." 1 Corinthians 13:6. In my estimation, you have rejected the truth of a literal reign on the earth as depicted in Revelation 20:4-6, and the previous passages that I mentioned in the chart and other places that I linked to. And, in my estimation, you have mis-applied the truths of charity as revealed in 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 in order to promote your false teachings concerning prophecy on my Revelation chapter 19-22 Study. I feel this was dishonest and insincere.

Also, I think it is very important to know what church you affiliate yourself with.  I am not one bit surprised that you will not answer that question.

I would appreciate it if you would disengage yourself from this study.

Alan

• Members

If I may reply here since Evangalived seems to be intent on misrepresenting Alan:

42 minutes ago, EvangAlived said:

Are these words true?  Then, since they are, I would ask that you might indeed consider what I have to share before saying, "nor am I interested in studying the parallels, or super-structure, of Daniel and Revelation:".  If not, I cannot make anyone do anything.

He did not say he was not interested in the parallels AT ALL - only that he was not interested in revisiting those parallels in this subject, particularly as he ahs already done so in other threads. It is certainly NOT very charitable of you to suggest that Alan is not interested in comparing Scripture with Scripture - HE MOST CERTAINLY IS, as has been clearly demonstrated time after time after time both in his studies presented here and also in his answers to other people's posts.

He linked those threads so that you can find his answers in them - to answer again in this thread would be to add confusion to the purpose OF THIS THREAD.

If you would bother to read the link which he has posted, you may very well find PRECISELY the answers you are looking for, but your answers seem to present Alan as being unwilling (or are you suggesting unable) to answer.

Finally, your church affiliation is actually a very important piece of information, for different groups define words differently. To know your affiliation gives an insight into the reasons for your questions and the ideology behind the way you make statements - it helps to avoid confusion. 

Also, the only reason someone would want to hide their affiliation is if they have something to hide...….

I understand someone not wanting to name their particular church, but the "brand" of church they attend is another thing entirely - it has no bearing on your personal safety or safeguarding your personal information, and there is no reason NOT to give that information - unless you are here for less than honest purposes.

I hate it when an author does not include his affiliation information: it makes it harder to know precisely what he means with certain statements. I have a book by a Presbyterian man which in general is a good book but when he mentions baptism, I know he is talking about infant baptism - because I know he is a Presbyterian. HE did not include that info in the sleeve of his book by the way - I had to find out for myself, and it made clear some statements that he made that were "a bit strange" until I knew of his predisposed views.

So tell us clearly - are you affiliated with the SDA's?

By the way, we have had people here who are not IFB and they manage to get on reasonably well with the rest of us - so this information will not be an automatic ejection.

Edited by DaveW
missed out a very important "not".....

• Members

Dave,

I do want to take the time to thank you noticing  the method of comparing scripture with scripture in this study of Revelation chapter 19-22.  The words of Paul the apostle in 2 Timothy 2:15 is the only way of properly interpreting the prophecies of the book of Revelation. "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15

Throughout this study I have maintained that the prophecy of the Old Testament prophets will be be literally fulfilled as written in the book of Revelation. So, it is our responsibility, if we are to be a good workman, to study, and to rightly divide the scriptures in order to arrive at the correct interpretation as God intended.

Also, I did link the answer to his questions as you mentioned in order not to cause confusion. I felt, and still am of the persuasion, that nothing new needed to be said that was not already available for study in the previous lessons. Nor did I feel the need to clarify any of my previous statements. As with the  question by Rosie on the Marriage Supper of the Lamb, sometimes there is need for clarification, or further study, and bring out passages in scriptures that I did not bring out earlier or to add some more information to keep the study up-to-date. With Rosie's question, I felt the need to bring out another passage and bring the study up-to-date.

I just wanted to thank you for your thoughts on why I handled the current situation as I did. I appreciate you very much.

Alan

Edited by Alan
spelling