• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Revelation chapter 19-22 Study.

• Members

We are have already discussed this point of the Coming of Christ a few times and both of us (apparently), are not going to change our beliefs so in my opinion all we are doing is wasting time and preventing others viewers from discussing topics they deem more important.

So you don't know an answer? Or u just wanna move on?

I do not always have time to read every post, so if you have answered this set of verses before - sorry. It seems important to me. As the teaching you have espoused seems to hinge on many views of how a verse is found in context.

By the way - I am not trying to change your beliefs, I am trying to show your beliefs as not true to God's word to others who want scriptural support for real beliefs.

Just as you are about me.

Edited by Genevanpreacher

• Members

Genevanpreacher,

I have already explained the scriptual position, and correct belief,of the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ as depicted 1 Thessalonians 5:13-18 and Revelation 19:11-21 and Revelation 1:7. To believe otherwise in contrary to scripture and heretical. You have not shown one verse that proves otherwise.

To my very patient viewers. Please do not let the posts of Genevanpreacher, and on previous occasions, Covenanter, prevent you from enjoying this study.  Due to his unscriptual beliefs he (they) have espoused they are attempting to derail the conclusion of this thread. So, please bear with me as we discuss the remaining three lessons.

One of the reasons why God allows false teachers in the churches, and on good independent Baptist forums, is for the student of scripture to know truth from error and the manifestation of false teachers. The Apostle Paul wrote, "For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you."  1 Corinthians 11:19 In this case, through the correct, and scriptural teaching of this study, we have discovered the heretical beliefs of: the Book of Revelation being symbolic, or, allegorical, and the a-millennial belief is heretical.

Also, we have scripturally proved that the Judgment Seat of Christ is before Revelation chapter 5, the Book of Revelation is literal, the time of Jacob's Trouble is a literal 7 year Tribulation Period, and the literal 1,000 Year Reign of Christ.

Edited by Alan
spelling

• Members

So you don't know an answer? Or u just wanna move on?

I do not always have time to read every post, so if you have answered this set of verses before - sorry. It seems important to me. As the teaching you have espoused seems to hinge on many views of how a verse is found in context.

By the way - I am not trying to change your beliefs, I am trying to show your beliefs as not true to God's word to others who want scriptural support for real beliefs.

Just as you are about me.

Genevanpreacher,

I have already explained the scriptual position, and correct belief,of the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ as depicted 1 Thessalonians 5:13-18 and Revelation 19:11-21 and Revelation 1:7. To believe otherwise in contrary to scripture and heretical. You have not shown one verse that proves otherwise.

I agree with Russ (GM) in that you CLAIM to hold a Scriptural position & are extremely offensive in dismissing those who teach other Biblical positions (such as Covenant Theology, & Amillennialism) as "dogs." You send courteous PMs to us, & then public denounce us. 

And NO! You have not "explained the  scriptural position, and correct belief,of the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ" but given your opinion, which is certainly open to challenge by the "Bereans" on the forum. 

• Members

Brethren,

The above posts by Genevanpreacher and Covenanter are an attempt to derail this study and should be ignored.

The next lesson will be upoaded in a day or two.

I want to express my sincere thanks to the many viewers that have patiently stood behind me and the study.

Alan

• Members

Why does there have to be a "lie" from the AntiChrist when "every eye shall see him" in the clouds? All the tribes of the earth will be hiding from him. Sounds like they will see him, does it not?

Because these are two events. They will lie about the rapture but they will not be able to lie about the returning.

• Members

DaveW,

Thank you very much. I immensely appreciate your support, and the support of other friends, at this time. "A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity." Proverbs 17:17

John Young,

You are exactly right. Thank you very much for your observation concerning how the anti-Christ will lie about the rapture but will not be able to lie about the return of Christ in Revelation 19:11-21 Due to the rapture, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, being secret, 'like a thief, ' and the Coming of Christ, Revelation 1:7 &19:11-21, 'every eye shall see him,' being two seperate events: the results and the action are different also.

If there is any other observation that you want to discuss in the last lesson, or some other lesson  that you want to comment on, all of us would appreciate your thoughts.

Alan 

• Members

When Jesus came the 1st time, it was hard for the Pharisees and Scribes to recognize Him from the glimpses that the prophets had. They came up with the idea of Messiah son of Joseph and Messiah son of David.

Like the Pharisees and Scribes we only have glimpses from the prophets about Jesus second return. In modern times some Christians see two 2nd comings. One (2a) where Jesus rides on a cloud, as in like manner of how he left, and doesn't fully return to the earth. The other one (2b) where Jesus rides his white horse and does come fully to earth. 2a is an escape of wrath for believers (mostly grafted in gentiles), while 2b is a rescue for the remaining believers (mostly grafted in Jews) and hell for wearers of 666. The majority of Christians see only one return without explaining Jesus on a cloud and Jesus on a horse. 

• Members

Genevanpreacher,

I have already explained the scriptual position, and correct belief,of the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ as depicted *1 Thessalonians 5:13-18 and Revelation 19:11-21 and Revelation 1:7. To believe otherwise in contrary to scripture and heretical. You have not shown one verse that proves otherwise.

To my very patient viewers. Please do not let the posts of Genevanpreacher, and on previous occasions, Covenanter, prevent you from enjoying this study.  **Due to his unscriptual beliefs he (they) have espoused they are attempting to derail the conclusion of this thread. So, please bear with me as we discuss the remaining three lessons.

One of the reasons why God allows false teachers in the churches, and on good independent Baptist forums, is for the ***student of scripture to know truth from error and the manifestation of false teachers. The Apostle Paul wrote, "For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you."  1 Corinthians 11:19 ****In this case, through the correct, and scriptual teaching of this study, we have discovered the heretical beliefs of: the Book of Revelation being symbolic, or, allegorical, and the a-millenial belief is heretical.

Also, *****we have scriptually proved that the Judgement Seat of Christ is before Revelation 5, the Book of Revelation is literal, the time of Jacob's Trouble is a literal 7 year Tribulation Period and the literal 1,000 Year Reign of Christ.

* Obviously a mistake here, what verses are you actually meaning.

** Using verses and not 'utilizing teachings of men' is now considered "private interpretation".

*** You are completely correct in this statement! Any man of God who studies the scriptures themselves will know these things whether they be false or true.

**** I am so glad you think you 'have it all down and correct' brother. It must be nice to be that way.

***** You have not. There that was a simple statement of truth.

• Members

Reading 1 Thessalonians 4:13 - 5:4 would really help your understanding of the proper way to see the thief view:

13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
And it continues into chapter 5 -
1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then *sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

*Sounds like they hear the 'thief' to me. 

Jesus will not come as a thief in the night to ye brethren. Verse 4 lets us know we are to know when his coming is near.

I know it is near because the day of the Lord is near see Zephaniah 1:14-2:3 and the rapture will happen first.

• Members

The day of Christ's return has been near for 2,000 years. Knowing something is near and knowing when it will be are vastly different things. We may know the troops return from overseas duty is near yet be totally surprised by the actual day and time of their arrival. Likewise with the return of Christ. This is why Jesus said we should always be ready for His return since we don't, won't, can't know when His return will actually take place.

• Members

Jesus will not come as a thief in the night to ye brethren. Verse 4 lets us know we are to know when his coming is near.

I know it is near because the day of the Lord is near see Zephaniah 1:14-2:3 and the rapture will happen first.

Rapture?  Where is that in the scripture?