• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Revelation chapter 19-22 Study.

• Members

EKSmith,

Thank you very much for your kind words. In the words of Paul the Apostle I would like to say, "For they have refreshed my spirit..." 1 Corinthians 16:18a I really do appreciate your exhortation to continue on.

It has not been the easiest study as there are a lot of incorrect interpretations of the Book of Revelation. The only correct method of interpretation is the literal, pre-tibulation Rapture,  pre-Millinalist, and the literal 1000 Year of the Lord Jesus interpretation. The teachers of the incorrect interpretations of the Book of Revelation has caused many saints to fail to understand the correct prophetic nature of the Book of Revelation, is the cause of dissension among good brethren, has hindered many saints from finding true joy in studying the Book of Revelation, and has somewhat hindered some of the brethren commenting on this study. 

I am very thankful for you, and for the numerous others following this study on Revelation, for your support. It is my sincere hope and prayer that this study will be a blessing to all of those who anxiously await the soon return of the Lord Jesus.

In brotherly love,

Alan

• Members

​The world will see the light of Jesus glory but won't know that it is Jesus. I believe the antichrist lie will be that an alien abduction has happened.

​That is very popular here where I live. Almost all of the southern Baptist say the same thing. They are the biggest church group in this area. 

I have no idea what the Antichrist will say, but I do know I'll be looking at the Truth walking around, setting at the Father's right hand. I'll be praising Jesus by sight and not by faith. 

• Members

​That is very popular here where I live. Almost all of the southern Baptist say the same thing. They are the biggest church group in this area. 

I have no idea what the Antichrist will say, but I do know I'll be looking at the Truth walking around, setting at the Father's right hand. I'll be praising Jesus by sight and not by faith. 

​Me too! Praise God!

• Members

​The world will see the light of Jesus glory but won't know that it is Jesus. I believe the antichrist lie will be that an alien abduction has happened.

Not so.  Every eye shall sede him, not just his light.

Re 1:7  Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

• Members

Alan,

Thank you for inviting me to post regarding the judgment seat of Christ.. 

Romans 14:10  But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. 11  For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. 12  So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

2 Cor 5:10  For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 11  Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

The Brethren teaching is that the judgment seat only concerns Christians.  But let us look at what Paul actually says.  “we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.”  On the face of it this could mean that “we shall all” refers only to Christians, however if we read on we see “As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. 12  So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. “    ‘every knee’ ‘every tongue’  ‘every one of us’  Rom 14.

Looking further at 2 Cor, we read ‘every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.’ 

From that I would conclude that this is an universal judgment.

• Members

Alan,

Thank you for inviting me to post regarding the judgment seat of Christ.. 

Romans 14:10  But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. 11  For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. 12  So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

2 Cor 5:10  For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 11  Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

The Brethren teaching is that the judgment seat only concerns Christians.  But let us look at what Paul actually says.  “we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.”  On the face of it this could mean that “we shall all” refers only to Christians, however if we read on we see “As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. 12  So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. “    ‘every knee’ ‘every tongue’  ‘every one of us’  Rom 14.

Looking further at 2 Cor, we read ‘every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.’ 

From that I would conclude that this is an universal judgment.

Why do you pre-empt everything you say with claims that it is brethren teaching?

When are you going to get the facts that pretty much no one cares? 

You know, even the Catholics get a very few doctrines right.......

What counts is whether or not it is Biblical teaching.

And in any case, it has been proven that at least some of your claims of Brethren origin are false, yet you still make these claims......

Give it a rest and try referring to the Bible instead your (sometimes false) "history".........

• Members

​I think you all need to reread Matthew 24 and the parallel passages in Mark and Luke. There is only one return of Christ.

​The Lord will come down on the mount of Olives to rescue Israel at the middle of the tribulation see Zechariah 14:1-5.

Revelation 12:12-17 describes this time of fleeing for 3.5 years. Isaiah 16:1-5 tells us that Israel will flee to the river ford on the Arnon River in Jordan.

• Members

Why do you pre-empt everything you say with claims that it is brethren teaching?

When are you going to get the facts that pretty much no one cares? 

You know, even the Catholics get a very few doctrines right.......

What counts is whether or not it is Biblical teaching.

And in any case, it has been proven that at least some of your claims of Brethren origin are false, yet you still make these claims......

Give it a rest and try referring to the Bible instead your (sometimes false) "history".........

​Well you would say that wouldn't you?  None of my claims as far as I can remember have been proved false.  My answer is based on the words of the bible.  

• Members

​The Lord will come down on the mount of Olives to rescue Israel at the middle of the tribulation see Zechariah 14:1-5.

Revelation 12:12-17 describes this time of fleeing for 3.5 years. Isaiah 16:1-5 tells us that Israel will flee to the river ford on the Arnon River in Jordan.

​This Revelation verse is in the past, right? Yes. The whole chapter here is a picture in words that happened already, from our view in history, not John's of course.

And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

The Isaiah verse is also in the past. As is most Prophetical writings to do with the captivity of Judah and their people, and also the dispersion of the Northern tribes of Israel.

The verses in Zechariah? The 'mountain' is reference to the 'divided in the midst of thee' in verse 1, and the 'half of the city shall go forth into captivity' referring to a past incident with the people of the land.

• Members

Brethren

We will need to continue the above  discussion of Matthew 24, Zechariah 14:1-5, Revelation 12:12-17 and Isaiah 16:1-5 in a different thread as these subjects are somewhat off the subject of the curent thread. We need to concentrate our attention on the current subject of Revelation 22:12 and 13: primarily the Second Coming and the two Judgments.

If there are any sections in Matthew 24, or the companion passages in Mark and Luke, that are directly pertaining to the Second Coming or the two Judgments than we will discuss those passages. Thank you for your cooperation. If not, we will soon be studying the next lesson on Revelation 22: 14 & 15, "The Tree of Life."

It is my sincere hope that the study will be a blessing to those who are reading, listening, taking notes, and comparing scripture with scripture in order to learn the truth of the future events recorded in the Book of Revelation.

Alan

• Members

'future events recorded in the Book of Revelation' I agree that much of Revelation is Future but much is past and Present, for example, Scripture teaches that the resurrection started 2000 years ago. so the books must have stared to be opened back then too, although I assume it would be scrolls, which would work in better with the Idea of a train of captives NIV << I think 'captives in his Train' is an alight interpretation of scripture.  'captivity captives'.

• Members

​AND experience!

​I will not go into that.

The Great White Throne.

11 ¶  And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12  And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13  And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14  And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15  And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

We were taught that Christians are not included here.  However let us look at what it actually says, rather than what we are taught it says.

The dead, great and small will appear before God.  The books would be opened, I believe this is the judgment of works which Paul mentions. And another book, the book of life will be opened and those whose names were not in the book would be cast into the lake of fire.  And the others, those  whose names ARE in the book of life?  The way it is put presupposes that there those whose names ARE in the book of life.  Also if Christians are taken out of the way, there would be no need to open the book of life to see who was not saved.