• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Revelation chapter 19-22 Study.

• Members

Revelation 1:16, "And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two-edged sword: and his countenance was a the sun shineth in his strength."

This great description of the Lord Jesus is found in the vivid description of the Lord Jesus in His glory as seen by the Apostle John  Revelation 1:10-17. I firmly believe that we will see he Lord Jesus in His glory as described here, and in other passages, but, I do not expect the world to see Him when He comes to take His bride, the Chruch, home as described in 1 Thessloanians  4:13-18.

• Members

In connection to why the the anti-christ will be able to deceive the remaining peoples of the world after the Lord Jesus comes in the rapture John81 said,

"Even in the event a cover story was needed most people are so gullible they would accept almost any explanation and then quickly forget the matter as the media quickly puts forth a more sensational news story to distract the population."

I think he is correct. The notion that half of the people in the United States is Christian is absurd. The true Christians in Europe is a small percentage and the media has a grip on all information. The media, in every country, is almost hostile to Christianity.

Any body else has any thoughts on these subjects?

• Members

I throughly agree with you Rosie. I am of the persuasion that God, (due to the Laodician Age we live in), is slowly moving events to start the 7 Year Tribulation Period in order to conclude the, 'times of the Gentiles.'

Any other thoughts, comments, or items needed to be discussed, concerning this section of our study? 

• Members

My thoughts on this are similar. I think by the time the rapture rolls around, most Christians (especially in countries very hostile to Christianity) will probably be hiding the fact that they're Christians, to keep themselves and their family safe from persecution. So when the rapture does take place, most won't put 2 and 2 together and think "Whoa, all the Christians have disappeared! The Bible was true after all!" No, I think that link won't be realized, plus the lie from the anti-Christ will be so believable that any who do link the two together will be laughed off as crazy conspiracy theorists.

Plus, as skewered as Christianity is becoming, who can even recognize someone on the street as a true Christian even today? It doesn't take much 'persecution' to embarrass most Christians into mumbling "I'm not that kind of Christian!" When asked about soul winning or the fundamentals of Baptist Church doctrines...

• Members

Amen!

Most saints are already afraid to be a public witness,  stand for correct doctrine and are already in hiding. We are in a day and age where the liberals, the modernists, and every activist group are verbally, and in print, denouncing any thing Christian and those who stand for Christ. Thank you for your post and observations.

• Members

Why does there have to be a "lie" from the AntiChrist when "every eye shall see him" in the clouds? All the tribes of the earth will be hiding from him. Sounds like they will see him, does it not?

​The world will see the light of Jesus glory but won't know that it is Jesus. I believe the antichrist lie will be that an alien abduction has happened.

• Members

Amen!

Most saints are already afraid to be a public witness,  stand for correct doctrine and are already in hiding. We are in a day and age where the liberals, the modernists, and every activist group are verbally, and in print, denouncing any thing Christian and those who stand for Christ. Thank you for your post and observations.

​Matt. 10:33  But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

• Members

Eric,

Thank you for bringing to our attention Psalm 149:5-9, "Let the saints be joyful in glory: let  them sing aloud upon their beds. Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two-edged sword in their hand; To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people; To bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron; To execute upon them the judgement written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the LORD." 

Invicta,

Thank you reminding us that in times of stress, persecution, and everyday living, we need to confess the Lord Jesus in the presence of others. The Lord Jesus added these solemn words in John 12:42, "Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue."  It is a sad day when a person denies Christ verbally or not do so by not saying a word.

In fact, we need to consider it a joy and an honor to witness for Christ and stand for the faith once delivered for the saints. The early saints in the Book of Acts rejoiced that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for the name of Christ; Acts 5:41

• Members

​The world will see the light of Jesus glory but won't know that it is Jesus. I believe the antichrist lie will be that an alien abduction has happened.

​Why would you say such a thing?

"Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen."

They will know him.

7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,

8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.
Edited by Genevanpreacher

• Members

​Why would you say such a thing?

"Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen."

They will know him.

7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,

8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

​The lie by the antichrist will happen at the time of his appearing to call up the church. Your passages are for the second coming with the army of heaven.

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members

We had previously discussed this issue, (starting on March 12th.) of the Coming of the Lord Jesus for the church as depicted in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 and the Coming of the Lord Jesus, with the church as depicted as KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS, Revelation 1:7 and 19:11-21

For a more throurgh discussion of these two Comings the reader may go back and review the lesson on Revelation 19:11-16, including the lengthly discussion that Covemanter and I had for a more detailed answer. A link to our Revelation 19:11-16, and then the 19:17-24 lesson, and the ensuing discussion is supplied below:

Edited by Alan
spelling

• Members

We had previously discussed this issue, (starting on March 12th.) of the Coming of the Lord Jesus for the church as depicted in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 and the Coming of the Lord Jesus, with the church as depicted as KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS, Revelation 1:7 and 19:11-21

For a more throurgh discussion of these two Comings the reader may go back and review the lesson on Revelation 19:11-16, including the lengthly discussion that Covemanter and I had for a more detailed answer. A link to our Revelation 19:11-16, and then the 19:17-24 lesson, and the ensuing discussion is supplied below:

​Brother I'm following along with you in one accord with my bible open, being silent and allowing the word of God to speak to my heart.

Continue on Brother,

loving you with love of Jesus from my heart