• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Revelation chapter 19-22 Study.

• Members

Eric,

Thank you for bringing out the fact that we will be leaving all of the personal items you mentioned (clothing, false teeth, false legs, etc...), behind when the rapture occurs. We will also be leaving behind all of the automobiles that we were driving and the tremendous amount of those automobiles will cause a tremendous amount af accidents. We will also be leaving behind all of our bank accounts, personal possessions, lawn mowers and other equipment that will be still operating when we leave. This aspect of the second coming is true. Thank you very much for bringing it out. The items left behind will be a witness that a great event happened and that the anti-christ will tell a lie to account for the event.  :thumb:

Revelation 1:16, "And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two-edged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength."  The context is when the Lord appeared to John at the start of the great vision of the seven churches and that the Lord Jesus appeared only to John in Revelation 1:16 But, the context is not the second coming of Christ in the rapture for the church.

Certainly, when the Lord Jesus comes in the rapture He will appear in His glory as pictured in Revelation 1:16, but, there is no scripture (even an implication), that at that time the world will see Him in His glory. There is an indication though that the world may see a bright light, but they may not realize it is the Lord Jesus as Paul testified in Acts 9:7, "And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man," Acts22:9, " And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me"

In conclusion, Paul's fellow traveling companions saw a light, heard a voice, but they did not see the Lord Jesus nor were the words of the Lord Jesus clearly audibile.

Edited by Alan
spelling

• Members

We will also be leaving behind all of the automobiles that we were driving and the tremendous amount of those automobiles will cause a tremendous amount af accidents. 

Maybe this is why God is allowing time for cars, trains, planes and other machines to become automated.  

Also there is the very real possibility of persecution and tribulation of the Christian before the rapture as well. Christians could one day be put in "reeducation camps" and ghettos to where if they went missing no one would notice. Similar to what happened to those persecuted under the Nazi Regime. The only reason we know about many atrocities by communist and other oppressive regimes is because people lived to tell about them only after the fact.

• Members

John Young,

That is a very interesting point that I failed to think of. With the automation of a lot of public transportation systems, and the safety features buit in through electronics, a lot of accidents will be prevented. I am embrassed by my lack of thinking of this myself.  :icon_redface:

Also, in communist China, which I have visited several times, what you mentioned is already a reality. In communist China there are a large number of, "re-education camps," already in operation. Also, in China the press, TV and the internet, is totally controlled by the communist regime.

I want to thank you very much for bringing out these important facts out for our attention and discussion. My hats off to you. :th_tiphat:

• Members

I heard there are already concentration camps in America already set up.. I also heard Obama snuck a concentration law through shortly after his first presidency... I look for much prosecution among Christians before Jesus' return as well.. scares me as I am a coward..

• Members

Rosie,

Yes, in the last days perilous times will come.

One of the great things in studying the book of Revelation is that we know every Christian has trials and tribulations, but, every Christian is spared from going through the great 7 Year Tribulation Period on the the earth.

Therefore, Paul gave us this word of comfort, "For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 5:9. The context proves that the, 'wrath,' Paul was referring was the 7 Year Tribulation Period. And that the, 'salvation,' Paul was referring to was the deliverance, through the rapture, in order to escape the time of God's wrath on the earth.  

Also, please find comfort in the promise in Revelation 3:10, "Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth." The, 'hour of temptation,' is the 7 Year Tribulation period. Event though the church may go through some extreme times of trials leading up to the 7 Year Tribulation Period we can find comfort in the knowledge that the Lord Jesus will take us home in the Rapture just preceding the awful time of judgment on the earth. 

Edited by Alan
spelling

• Members

The Jews are looking for Messiah Ben David. Will the anti-Christ call the Jews home and rebuild the temple, tricking the people into believing he is the Messiah? Will the anti-Christ be Jewish and be Hasidic? Would they accept a Messiah who converted to Judaism from another religion?

​I think it is common knowledge that among the British who helped Jews back to Jerusalem were high level Masons i.e. Spirit of Anti Christ, I think it was at the same time that the Israelites were made to take the six pointed star for their nation, which is an occult symbol, not a star of David, it is also rumoured that the British Freemasons are in negotiations to try and get solomons Temple built in Jerusalem, Masonry also have their version of a Messiah, This sort of Bible study is very complicated especially if you question all the various verses which might mean something different from this particular construction.

One of the most sure passages I think is

2Th 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2Th 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
2Th 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
2Th 2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
2Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

There is a good chance that the strong delusion could be that which is used to convince people that a mere man (possessed of the Devil) is Jesus Christ our messiah.

So If the AntiChrist 'that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;'  is comming to appear on earth before Christ and pretend to be Christ, then we better had be careful. Because even now there is technology which which could be used to cause people to experience euphoria and also technology which can project sounds straight into the brain, subliminal or audio, but actually bypassing the ear all together, what I am saying is that this delusion will be powerful.

1Th 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
1Th 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
1Th 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
1Th 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
1Th 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

• Members

Verse 4, And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had receive his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived with and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Happening today is it not? more and more Christians dying for there faith

​Yes and it has been happening for over 1000 years of church history, an estimated 64 000 000 to 120 000 000 Christian marters at the hands of the Catholic and protestant State Churches. I listened to David Cloud do a history of the Baptist churchies and it made me wonder again about when exactly 'great tribulation' is.

Da 11:33 And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.
Da 11:34 Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries.
Da 11:35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.

This to me sounds like great tribulation and Church history.

Edited by Old-Pilgrim

• Members

I heard there are already concentration camps in America already set up.. I also heard Obama snuck a concentration law through shortly after his first presidency... I look for much prosecution among Christians before Jesus' return as well.. scares me as I am a coward..

​Hi Rosie I didnit 'like' that you say you are a coward, I agree with Jonathan Modene on that one, we are all cowards naturally, courage is something we need to find.

• Members

Revelation 22:12 and 13, “Behold, I come quickly.”

Verse 12 and 13, “And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.”

“I come quickly.”

Please take notice that the Lord Jesus is talking. And, the Lord Jesus, in the same time frame of the writing of these admonitions, says in verse 20, “He that testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.” Like John, we need to be anxiously waiting the Lord Jesus to come again.

Matthew 24:42-51 is applicable to all of us, and the saint who heeds the warning of the Lord Jesus, is a servant who is truly blessed. Jesus said, “Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.” Matthew 24:42

All of us need to take serious heed of the words of the Lord Jesus and be ready in our spiritual life for His coming at any time. There are no signs that we are to wait for as His coming is ‘imminent.’ The Lord Jesus will come in the, ‘twinkling of an eye,’ 1 Corinthians 15:52, “In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible.”

“... my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.”

Immediately after the Rapture all of the saints in the Church Age will stand before the Lord Jesus at the, ‘Judgment Seat of Christ,’ for rewards, or, the lack of rewards. “... is with me...” When the Lord Jesus comes He is coming with the rewards to give His saints.

The Judgment Seat of Christ

Immediately after the coming of the Lord Jesus, as depicted in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, commonly referred to as “The Rapture,” the Lord Jesus will judge every saint and reward every saint, “... according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.” Please also study 1 Corinthians 3:11-15

2 Corinthians 5:10, “For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.”

Romans 14:10-12, “But why dost thou judge thy brother? Or why dost thou set at naught thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.”

Judged by Fire

“... because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is”

1 Corinthians 3:13

Due to intense persecution by his own people, and in a time of extreme grief, the prophet Jeremiah, inspired of God, wrote, “Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay.” Jeremiah 20:9

Again, inspired by God Himself, Jeremiah wrote the very words of God when he wrote, “Is not my word like as a fire? Saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

All of the saints will be judged from the very scripture itself. As the very words, used by the Lord Jesus, judges us, the judgement will judge what, “sort,” it is. It does not say what, “size,” it is. The Lord Jesus is more concerned about the “spiritual” nature of the work than the size of the work.

For example. Why does a man do a certain work? For wealth? For fame? For the name of Jesus? The judgment will include whether or not a man was faithful in spirit and in body: 2 Corinthians 4:1 & 2. Whether we warred in the flesh or in the Spirit: 2 Corinthians 10:3-5

Our doctrinal beliefs will be judged. Did we endure teaching correct doctrine? Or were we moved by the false teachers to teach false doctrines? “For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers having itching ears.” 2 Timothy 4:3 The Judgment Seat of Christ will bring out those who sought the approval of God or the approval of man: 2 Corinthians 10:18

Did we preach out of love, or to create contention, or to create strife? “Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some of good will.” Philippians 1:15

Did we work for the Lord Jesus lawfully? According to the Old Testament precepts, statutes and judgments? And, the New Testament commandments? May we remind ourselves, even though we are not under the Law, the Old Testament is full of precepts, statutes, judgments, commandments, and examples of the right way and the wrong way of doing the work of the Lord.

Even though we are not under the Law, Paul taught the saints in Corinth to obey the Law in church matters: 1 Corinthians 9:7-14, 20-22 and 16:1 and 2

Or, did we just make our own rules according to the religious dictates of this present age? 2 Timothy 2:5, “And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully.” 2 Timothy 2:5 If our Charismatic brethren would obey the percepts of the Law as commanded by Paul the Apostle in 1 Corinthians 14: 34 the Charismatic churches would dry up.

Does the saint desire a prize? A reward in heaven? If so, the saint must keep his physical body under subjection and reject the sinful physical lusts of the world:

1 Corinthians 9:24-27

My dear brother, if you are working for the Lord Jesus, “lawfully,” than you can expect a crown, or reward, at the Judgment Seat of Christ. If you did not serve the Lord Jesus, “lawfully,” than do not expect a crown at the Judgment Seat of Christ.

Crowns previously given cast at Jesus' Throne in Revelation 4 and 5

In Revelation 4: 10 and 11 we clearly see that the crowns, or rewards, have already been handed out. “The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne saying, Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.” Revelation 4:10 & 11

It is my belief that the twenty four elders represent the Church Age saints in a position of reigning in heaven.

Furthermore, in Revelation Chapter 5 after we read of the worship of the slain Lamb, the Lord Jesus, and the opening of, ‘the book,’ we read these words, “And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; And hast made us unto us our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.” Revelation 5:9 and 10

Paul the Apostle said, “If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us.” 2 Timothy 2:12 If a saint faithfully serves the Lord Jesus, and suffers for Him, the Lord Jesus will reward him with a crown for reigning on the earth. If a saint is not faithful in his service, his doctrinal beliefs, his personal holiness, his sufferings for Christ; than that person will be denied a crown, or rewards.

The saints pictured in Revelation chapter 4 and 5 are the redeemed people of all of the nations of the world that have been saved during the Church Age. Please take careful note that they were already, “made” kings and priests; the rewards have already been handed out. And, that they are already rewarded, or given authority, to reign on the earth. The reigning on the earth will commence after the 7- Year Tribulation Period is ended and at the start of the 1000 Year Reign of Christ, the Millennium, as written in Revelation 20:3-6. Also, please take careful notice that Revelation 11:15-19 shows this vividly.

A Wise Saint

The wise saint is a soul-winning saint. Proverbs 11:30, “The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.” The wise saint is passing out tracts, going on door-to-door visitation, supporting soul-winning missionaries, and traveling the highways and byways of the city that he lives in telling folks how to be saved and leading them to a saving knowledge in Christ.

The soul winner will receive a crown for his labor for the Lord Jesus. “For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming.”  1 Thessalonians 2:19 & 20

Please take special note. The soul-winners crown, as with all of the other rewards, are handed out at the coming of the Lord Jesus as described in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

The rewards of the soul-winner will be as the brightness of the stars for eternity; Daniel 12:3, “And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.”

“Will There Be Any Stars?”

WORDS: Eliza E. Hewitt, 1897

MUSIC: John R. Sweney

Public Domain

First Stanza:

I am thinking today of that beautiful land I shall reach when the sun goeth down;

When through wonderful grace by my Savior I stand, Will there be any stars in my crown?

Second Stanza:

In the strength of the Lord let me labor and pray, Let me watch as a winner of souls;

That bright stars may be mine in the glorious day, when His praise like the sea billow rolls.

Third Stanza:

On, what joy it will be when His face I behold, Living gems at His feet to lay down;

It would sweeten my bliss in the city of gold, Should there be any stars in my crown.

Chorus:

Will there be any stars, any stars in my crown, When at evening the sun goeth down?

When I wake with the blest in the mansions of rest, Will there be any stars in my crown?

Special Judgment Note

Paul quoted Isaiah 45:23, in Romans 14:10-12, but, the Holy Spirit moved Paul to quote it as a reference to Christ; not a reference to God. Isaiah 45:23 is applicable to both the Judgment Seat of Christ and the Great White Throne of Judgment in Revelation 20:11-15

And, “That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” Philippians 2:10 and 11 this Great Confession will take place at the Great White Throne of Judgment in Revelation 20:11-15

“I am alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.”

Again, all of these titles of the Lord Jesus are also titles of God Himself. Revelation 1:8; 1:17 and 21:6. You may study our previous comments in Revelation 21:6 for this verse.

God thundered out in Isaiah 44:6, “Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.”

God again thundered out in Isaiah 48:12, “Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.”

The doctrine of the Trinity is a doctrinal fact. The unbelief of the doctrine of the Trinity was started by Arius (c. AD250-336), and is called, Arianism.” The main concept of Arianism is that the Son of God, the Lord Jesus, did not always exist. Therefore, according to Arianism doctrine, Jesus was a created being, and distinct, from God. The erroneous belief of Arianism, with some differences, is perpetuated by the Mormons, the Jehovah’s Witnesses, and other cults.

The Lord Jesus, has no beginning, and has no ending: He is eternal. The Lord Jesus, our Great High Priest, has an eternal Priesthood: “Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.” Hebrews 7:16

Therefore, the salvation of our soul is eternal and will never end. “Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens; ... Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.’ Hebrews 8:1 and 9:12

Edited by Alan
heading word addition verse mis-quote

• Members

The earth is groaning and many small and great holes are opening all around the globe.

When Jesus comes to call up the church at the appearing, his light will be seen by all the people on earth because his glory is as the sun in its strength Revelation 1:16. We will leave all our clothing, gold teeth, glasses, pins, false-teeth, meshes. fake legs, you get the point, for a witness that we are gone. So what do you think the antichrist's lie will be to explain it be?

Why does there have to be a "lie" from the AntiChrist when "every eye shall see him" in the clouds? All the tribes of the earth will be hiding from him. Sounds like they will see him, does it not?

• Members

Why does there have to be a "lie" from the AntiChrist when "every eye shall see him" in the clouds? All the tribes of the earth will be hiding from him. Sounds like they will see him, does it not?

​As Eric put it, His light will be seen by all, that wouldn't mean everyone knows what the light is.

Considering the small percentage of born again believers in the world, and their scattered nature over much of the planet, it's possible a world-wide catching away of the saints of God wouldn't be that apparent. Add to this growing control of the mainstream media by governments and those yoked to government, and it would be very easy to keep a worldwide aspect out of the media.

The fanciful speculations of half or more of Americans being raptured (does anyone really believe half of Americans are in Christ?), and of thousands of planes, trains and automobiles suddenly being driverless and crashing into skyscrapers  making headline news around the world isn't likely.

It's estimated that less than 1% of Europeans are born again in Christ. How big an impact would it have if less than 1% of the European population disappeared?

It's claimed there are millions of Christians in China, and most are claimed to be "underground Christians", and this in a country that tightly controls all media. In a nation of a billion people, if ten million Christians were suddenly gone it would be easy for the Chinese government to control the spin of such.

Even in the event a cover story was needed most people are so gullible they would accept almost any explanation and then quickly forget the matter as the media quickly puts forth a more sensational news story to distract the population.

• Members

heartstings,

Thank you very much for sharing the song, 'Will there be and Stars in my Crown,' sung by the Cox Family. I am sure that all of the brethren appreciated the selection very much. It is a wonderful addition to this study.