• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Revelation chapter 19-22 Study.

• Members

This is where our views come together, as we look forward towards our Lord's glorious appearing, the resurrection, judgment and the NH&NE wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Born dead - in sin - death without life and dead before death - eternal living death in hell

Born again - of the Spirit by faith in Christ - life before death and life after death - resurrection life

Salvation is life before life - eternal life.

• Members

You are entirely correct. Your analogies are real good and appropriate. All of the believers eternal blessings come from our Saviour and Lord. The future home, and glory, of all the saints, throughout the ages past, is yet to come.

"To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory." Colossians 1:27

Thank you for your comments and analogies.

Any further comments, or areas of discussion, before we go on the the next lesson?

Edited by Alan10
spelling

• Members

Eric,

Thank you for bringing our Isaiah 60:12. The entire chapter of Isaiah 60 speak of the blessings of the Millennium and the glory of the nation of Israel towards the entire world. It also clearly brings out that the Lord Jesus, as KING OF KINGS, will punish those nations who do not obey His commands. Isaiah 60:12, “For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted.”

A thorough study and discussion of Isaiah 60 may be prudent in the days ahead and in another thread. If anybody would like to do this study it would probably be a blessing to all of us.

Very good observation and comment. Any other thoughts before we continue?

• Members

Eric,

Thank you for bringing our Isaiah 60:12. The entire chapter of Isaiah 60 speak of the blessings of the Millennium and the glory of the nation of Israel towards the entire world. It also clearly brings out that the Lord Jesus, as KING OF KINGS, will punish those nations who do not obey His commands. Isaiah 60:12, “For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted.”

A thorough study and discussion of Isaiah 60 may be prudent in the days ahead and in another thread. If anybody would like to do this study it would probably be a blessing to all of us.

Very good observation and comment. Any other thoughts before we continue?

​If we begin reading Isaiah 60 at Isaiah 48 - which begins the passage dealing with Jerusalem, we see God speaking of redemption & deliverance from Babylon; in Isa. 49:3 we see The LORD's servant spoken of as "Israel" thus Jesus is the true Israel & fulfilment of prophecy. Isa. 49:5-8 shows that God's declared plans are for the salvation of the Gentiles, to the ends of the earth - Gospel days as Paul quotes Isa. 49:8 in 2 Cor. 6:1-2 

Christ as the covenant surety is seen in e.g. Isa. 49:8 , Isa. 55:3  & Isa. 59:21 

We need to see these OT prophecies in terms of Jesus & his redeemed people of all nations, rather than focusing on national Israel. We shouldn't be literal in our understanding - Isa. 60:16 - but see the glorious Gospel calling the dispersed of Israel as we read in Acts - & of course continues to this day, as believing Jews are numbered with the redeemed. 

Added - 

All according to God's promise to Abraham in Gen. 12:1-3

Edited by Covenanter

• Members

Covenanter,

Isaiah 48 – 60 is not only speaking of deliverance and redemption from Babylon; that section of scripture is dealing also with the eternal attributes of God, His Majesty, the Plan of Redemption, The Suffering Messiah, and the leading of God concerning the nation of Israel from the time of the deliverance from Babylon to the restoration of the nation of Israel to the Millennial reign of Christ. To limit the prophecies of Isaiah 48-60 scripture to just the deliverance from Babylon is an injustice to other pertinent, and more important, doctrines and prophecies.

A careful reading of Isaiah 60 reveals how the Gentile nations of the world, during the Millennium, in a direct reference to the restoration of the nation of Israel, God says, “And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.” Isaiah 60:2 God blesses all of the nations of the world, in all ages, through the Jewish race. Is not the Lord Jesus a Jew? When a person gets saved he is grafted into the nation of Israel and becomes a spiritual descendent of Abraham, and Isaac and Jacob: and not the other way around. Romans 11:11-36 and Galatians 3:7-9

Furthermore, to insinuate that we are only focusing on the nation of Israel, in our study of the Millennium, instead of the redemption of mankind through the sacrifice of the Lord Jesus is not correct and somewhat miss-leading.

Also, to reiterate, Isaiah 60:12 is a literal fulfillment; it is not symbolic, figurative, or otherwise not literal.

Furthermore, Isaiah 60:16 is using a figure of speech about how Israel will be blessed with material goods from the Gentiles nations. Just as you and I use figures of speech on occasion; so does God through His prophets.

• Members

Brethren,

Thank you for the very good discussions, thoughts, and comments thus far. In our next study, Revelation 21:1-8, 'The New Heaven and the New Earth,' we will be focasing on the the eternal blessings of God through the Lord Jesus and the wonderful relationship we will have with God.

So, I think that starting with the next lesson, if you have any praise, thanks, or testimony, that you would like to include in your remarks please do so.

Alan

• Members

Revelation 21:1-8, “New Heaven and the New Earth.”

Verse 1-8, “And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done, I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”

‘And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.’

The heavens and first earth are cleansed by fire.

Three Heavens

Paul the Apostle wrote, “I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.” 2 Corinthians 12:2

The first heaven is where the birds fly; we call this the atmosphere. Genesis 1:20

The second heaven is where the Sun, planets and stars occupy; we call this outer space. Genesis 1:14-18

The third heaven is the abode of God. Psalm 11:4, “The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD’S throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.

2 Peter 3:7-13 “Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?” 2 Peter 3:12. This will be a one-time historical event that is so huge in scope, intensity, and power, that it is hard to imagine.

Isaiah 51:6, “Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished.”

Please take careful note. Both Isaiah and Peter write, ‘heavens:’ plural. This includes the atmospheric heaven and the outer space heaven where the planets are also dissolved. God is going to get rid of all the, ‘space junk,’ that mankind has been spewing out. Man not only corrupts the earth; but he corrupts the air we breathe, the water we drink, and even corrupts outer space and every planet he visits.

The third heaven the abode of God, where the saints are located, where New Jerusalem is located at this time, will not be affected by the dissolving of the elements by fire. There is no corruption, physical or spiritual, in Heaven.

In the New Earth there will be no more sea. In the Millennium there were seas; but in the New Earth there are no more seas. The curse was not completely lifted during the Millennium but it will be lifted in the new earth. The seas were designed by God to separate the nations of the world. Since only God will rule on the new earth there will be no need for oceans to divide the nations.

‘... the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven...’

The New Jerusalem is called, ‘HOLY.”

The Apostle Peter, as a prophet, prophesied, “Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.” 2 Peter 3:13

God is Holy and in the new Earth HOLINESS AND RIGHTEOUSNESS will Reign in the Holy Jerusalem.

2 Peter 3: 17. The, ‘promise,’ that the Apostle Peter refers to is the prophecy of Isaiah. “For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.” Isaiah 65:17. Please re-read Isaiah 51:6 from the previous note on verse 1.

The words of Paul the Apostle come to my mind at this time. Paul wrote, “And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.” Ephesians 4:24

Brethren, we will live in the New Jerusalem. This is the place where the Lord Jesus has prepared for us, John 14:1-3

The Saints will see God make the New Heaven and the New Earth

“For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.” Isaiah 66:22

Brethren, apart from the Lord Jesus Christ, no man saw God make the first heaven and the first earth. But, GLORY HALLELUJAH, all of the saints will personally see God make the second Heaven and the second Earth! Wow!

‘Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them...’

In the Garden of Eden, God walked, and talked, and had fellowship on a personal basis with Adam and Eve. Adam was created for fellowship with God. Adam dwelled with God. The Plan of God from Genesis 3:1 to Revelation 21:15 was to restore that fellowship with Man.

Revelation 22:1-6 needs to be read in connection with Revelation 21:1-6. According to Revelation 22:3 the curse that God placed upon the earth in Genesis 3:14-24, including the curse of the division of different tongues, (languages), in Genesis 11:1-9, will be lifted and removed. Hallelujah! No more language difficulties for missionaries!

Revelation 22:4a, “And they shall see his face: ...”

The Lord Jesus sated, “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.” Matthew 5:8

In 2 Corinthians 6:16b Paul (quoting from Jeremiah 7:4), wrote, “... as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.”

A careful reading of Exodus 24 will be an encouragement to all of you.

Brethren, on the new earth, we will walk, and talk, and have fellowship with God as He intended. God will dwell with us. Amen and amen!

‘And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.’

Glory, Glory Hallelujah!

In this life, even though we are saved and have the promise of eternal life in heaven, we live in a sin cursed body in a sin cursed world, among people who dis-believe everything we hold dear. And, our bodies are corrupting as we travel this world of woe. Heartaches, sorrow, death, crying, pain are a daily occurrence for a lot of us. One day, soon I hope, my dear brethren, all of the above effects of sin will permanently cease. Come soon, Lord Jesus!

‘... for these words are true and faithful.’

All of the prophecies, all of the blessings, all of the joys stated above, and may I add, throughout the scriptures, are written the true and faithful promises of God. Titus 1:2, “In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began.” In John 17:17 the Lord Jesus directly states that the word of God, the scriptures, are truth.

‘It is done, I am Alpha and Omega.’

The Plan of God of restoring His personal fellowship with man is ‘Finished.’ God has His own time table and His plans will be finished according to His timing: not ours: Galatians 4:4. A careful reading of Ecclesiastes 3:1-17 is always a blessing to those who wait upon God.

Alpha α and Omega Ω

Alpha and Omega, the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet, plainly indicate that God is the beginning and the end of all things. God has all things under His direct control and for His purposes.

‘Alpha and Omega,’ is also one of the titles of the Lord Jesus Christ. In Revelation 1:8 Jesus states, “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.” The Lord Jesus plainly stated that He was the, ‘Almighty.”

The attributes of the Lord Jesus and the attributes of God are the same. The Office, or Responsibilities, of God and the Lord Jesus, are different; but the attributes are the same.

Folks, the Lord Jesus was God in the flesh. The disbelief of the Trinity by the Jehovah’s Witnesses, the Mormons, and the other cults, are in doctrinal error.

‘I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.’

Eternal salvation is Free; in any age, in any country, before the Law, during the Law, after the Law, and during the Millennium. Salvation is Free to All who Choose. GLORY HALLELUJAH!

Isaiah 55:1 Ephesians 2:8 and 9 James 1:17

A man must be willing to be saved in order to be saved. The teachings of John Calvin (Calvinism, the TULIP theory), are in doctrinal error; specifically, that man does not have a free will. Every saint that I know that has followed Calvin’s teaching winds up a spiritually, and compassionately, dead saint. Also, the independent Baptist brethren that believe people under the Law in the Old Testament economy, and the people in the Millennium, are saved through keeping the law and faith are also in error.

‘He that overcometh shall inherit all things.’

Revelation 3:12, “Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him that name of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.” See Revelation 1:8

In the area of eternal salvation, all saints are overcomer's and will receive an inheritance in the New Heaven and the New Earth.

In the area of rewards, not all of the saints are overcomer's and will inherit rewards. Some saints walked in the flesh and did not walk in the Spirit.

The saints who overcame the sins of the flesh, the world and the Devil, and walked in the Spirit, will receive a better inheritance (reward). Please reference Romans 5:1 through 8:14 and Galatians 5:16-26

‘But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.’

Those who know that they ought to get saved, but were fearful of man, of pride, of position, and never got saved will be in the Lake of Fire. The ones who loved their abominable sins, and murderers, and sorcerers, idolaters, and liars, will spend eternity in the Lake of Fire.

The first lie in the Bible is from the Devil. “... Yea, hath God said. ...’ Genesis 3:1. So, in this study we will mention that religious lies are more hurtful than day to day lying by businessmen, politicians, et al.

This includes all of the religious liars (false prophets), of the Old Testament, and all of the religious liars on the New Testament: The Mormons, the Jehovah’s Witnesses, the Seventh Day Adventists, Calvinism, Muslims, Buddhists, Taoists, The Pope and his minions, and numerous others that are too many to mention.

God’s Judgment of sin is Eternal damnation in a burning Lake of Fire.

Edited by Alan
re-place scripture Isaiah 55:17 to 65:17

• Members

Brethren,

I am getting prepared to upload the next lesson, Revelation 21:9-27, "The Holy Jerusalem," in a couple of days and would like to give anybody time to add further comment, discussion, give an opinion, or ask for clarification, on this lesson before we continue. If you are a guest viewing this site and would like to comment now is a good time to join OnLine Baptist and join the discussion and fellowship.

In Jesus' name,

Alan

• Members

Revelation 21:9-27, “The Holy Jerusalem.”

Verse 9-27,”And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb’s wife. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal; And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates. And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof. And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal. And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel. And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass. And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald; the fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolyte; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst. And the twelve gates were twelve pearls: every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass. And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that delfileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb’s book of life.”

“I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb’s wife.”

In Revelation 19:7-9 we saw that in the marriage supper of the Lamb, the Lord Jesus, the bride is spoken as a person, (the church), in this passage the bride is the holy Jerusalem: a city. The bride of Christ, the Redeemed of the Church Age, is chosen to live in the New Jerusalem. Hence, the bride is the church and the city. Both the people and the city can be referred to as the Bride.

The New Jerusalem is also the Holy Jerusalem

In Revelation 21:2 the city is referred to as the new and the holy Jerusalem. The New Jerusalem is completely Holy in all aspects. May we remind ourselves of 1 Peter 1:15 and 16, “But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.”

“... that great city, the holy Jerusalem...”

This is the city that Abraham, and the rest of the saints throughout the ages, are looking for; by faith. Hebrews 11:16, “But now they desire a better country, that is an heavenly: therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.”

The Lord Jesus said, “In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.” John 14:2 Glory Hallelujah! The Holy Jerusalem descends from God to the New Earth. We have a mansion, for eternity, in our heavenly country, in the Great and Holy New Jerusalem! Amen and amen!

“Having the glory of God:”

Brethren, we will live in the Glory of God! We will become a part of the Glory of God! Unfathomable!

“... and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and name written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:”

In eternity, as we go in and out of the Holy City Jerusalem we will see a name of one of the sons of Jacob written on the top of the gate. Genesis 35:21-26

Why?

The Gentile nations of the world do not know what they worship and are in spiritual darkness with the various pagan religious beliefs. In John 4:22 the Lord Jesus said it plainly, “Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation if of the Jews.”

The church of the Redeemed is, ‘grafted,’ into the nation of the children of Israel. “And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree:” Romans 11:18 Brethren, in eternity, the Gentiles will be reminded that before our salvation, we were a wild olive tree far away from the blessings of God. Now, because of the wonderful grace of the Lord Jesus, Gentiles are grafted into the children of Israel, and become a child of Abraham, and we partake of the root (the Lord Jesus), and the fatness of the olive tree (Israel).

As we step through those gates of glory we will be continually be reminded of the eternal blessings of the Promises and Covenants of our Heavenly Merciful Father through the nation of Israel.

An understanding of Ephesians 2:1-12 will help us in this doctrinal truth. “That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:” Ephesians 2:12

I think that at this time may we remind ourselves that the Book that we have in our hands that tells of us the Saviour, and our mansion in the New and Holy Jerusalem, is a Jewish Book. Romans 3:1 and 2

“And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.”

The twelve foundations are named for the twelve apostles of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Signs of a true Apostle.

One. A true apostle had to be personally called by the Lord Jesus Christ with an audible voice.

Matthew 10:1-8

Two. The apostle had to have signs; including the power to heal. All of the original 12 apostles had the power to heal: including Judas Iscariot.

Paul the Apostle, under the direct inspiration of the Holy Spirit, further adds, “Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds.” 2 Corinthians 12:12

Paul the Apostle.

One. Paul was personally, audibly, called by the Lord Jesus Christ. The apostle Paul was personally called, and selected, by the Lord Jesus Christ on the road of Damascus, Acts 9:1-16, “But the Lord said unto him, go thy way: for he [Saul / Paul] is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel.” Acts 9:15

“Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead  Galatians 1:1

Two. Paul had signs and wonders, cast out demons, and healed. Acts 16:16-18, 25-28; 19:11 and 12 and 20:7-12

Brethren Called Apostles.

The choosing of Matthias, Acts 1:15-26, was chosen by casting lots. This unwise selection of Matthias caused extreme harm to the ministry of Paul the Apostle in latter times. Paul gave this testimony, “If I be not an apostle unto others, yet doubtless I am to you: for the seal of mine apostleship are ye in the Lord.” 1 Corinthians 9:2

Barnabas was also called an apostle by men, but was never personally called by the Lord Jesus. Acts 14:14, “Which when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard of, they rent their clothes, and ran in among the people, crying out.”

No doubt both Matthias and Barnabas were men of God. But, the scriptures are very clear, there are only 12 foundations in the Holy Jerusalem and they are named for only 12 Apostles.

There are only 12 apostles personally called by the Lord Jesus Christ. Some of the brethren are of the mistaken interpretation that there are more than 12. This is in error. This error is based upon the early church calling men apostles who were not and an incorrect interpretation on Romans 16:7, “Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellow prisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.” Paul does not state that Andronicus and Junia were apostles, only that they were known, or noteworthy, by the other apostles.

Doctrinal Note Concerning Matthias and Barnabas.

The scriptures do not give one sign, miracle, and wonder, by either Matthias or Barnabas. Therefore, they do not meet the qualifications of an Apostle according to Matthew 10:1-8 nor 2 Corinthians 12:12

Doctrinal Note Concerning False Apostles

“For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.” 2 Corinthians 11:13

As in Paul’s days, so it is in our days, there are church called apostles and there are false apostles. All of the apostles in the Charismatic churches are either church called apostles or just plain frauds: false apostles. All of the apostles in the Mormon Church, some segments in the Lutheran Church, the, “Apostolic Succession,” doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church, and cults with apostles, are all false apostles and deceitful workers.

“And the city lieth foursquare...”

The Great, and Holy New Jerusalem is approximately 1,500 miles in length, in breadth and in height. Wow!

Temple Furnishings that were Foursquare.

There were two items in the Temple furnishings that were, ‘foursquare.”

1. The Incense altar. Inside the Holy of Holies. Exodus 37:25, “And he made the incense altar of shittim wood: the length of it was a cubit, and the breadth of it a cubit; it was foursquare; and two cubits, was the height of it; the horns thereof were of the same.”

2. The Burnt Offerings Altar. In the Temple worship area. Exodus 38:1, “And he made the altar of burnt offering of shittim wood: five cubits was the length thereof, and five cubits the breadth thereof; it was foursquare; and three cubits the height thereof.”

Are there any brethren that would like to add a comment concerning any spiritual significance of  the Incense Altar and the Burnt Offerings Altar being foursquare compared to the New Jerusalem?

“... and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass. And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones.”

Glory Hallelujah! Brethren, this is indescribable! Not only is the street(s) of the city pure gold but the city itself is pure gold! The foundations of the walls of the city are garnished with all sorts of precious gems. Maybe, just maybe, the walls of our mansions are garnished with precious gems?

The beauty of the 12 foundations are extremely colorful and magnificent.

“... the twelve gates were twelve pearls...”

The twelve different gates (each gate), is made of one pearl. The Pearly White City!

“And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.”

During the Millennium we had the Millennial Temple, Ezekiel 40-48, but when God lives among us there will be no need of a Temple, nor a church, nor any other religious edifice.

“And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.”

Brethren, there is no example that anybody can give to explain this verse. But, my beloved brethren, I can believe and rejoice in it. Glory Hallelujah!

“And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it ... And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that delfileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb’s book of life.”

Only saved people will dwell in the Holy Jerusalem. The Holy Jerusalem will stay holy for eternity.

May all of be reminded that if there is anything in the life of the believer that is defiled, or is an abomination, or a lie, than he needs to get rid of that defilement. If the saint does not get rid of the defilements of the flesh; worldly music, corrupt versions of the scriptures, filthy talk, filthy music (this includes the filthy Contemporary Christian Music in our age), filthy companions in this life; then God will remove them before you step a foot in the Holy Jerusalem. Ephesians 4:22-24

The individuals who loved their sins and who never got saved will dwell in hell for eternity. They will not step into the Holy Jerusalem.

Edited by Alan
scripture reference error

• Members

Brethren,

I am very thankful for all of the people viewing this study. I understand also that of the folks viewing the lessons are guests and are not able to comment until they become members. Or, there are some older members who are hesitant to reply for one reason or another. Either way, I would like to say that I am very thankful for all of the brethren viewing the  lessons. If some of the interpretations on this lesson, or a previous lesson, are new to you, or if your disagree, or if you need more clarification why I said something, please let me know. I try to hold all discussions in a friendly atmosphere.

I would like to encourage more discussion though, or, at least to know if some of the brethren agree or disagree with the interpretations of the lesson. If you are just a guest to OnLine Baptist I would like to take this time to encourage you to join OnLine Baptist so you can comment, and, or, discuss the lesson.

Either way, I am very happy to see the large number of views on the study of Revelation 19-22. So, just sit back, enjoy a nice cup of coffee, and enjoy the lesson. :coffee2:

May God bless all of you.

Edited by Alan
grammer

• Members

Brethren,

I have thus far refrained from quoting other sources in this study in order to preclude not offending some brethren with referenced sources that they do not agree with as authoritative sources of information, or, are controversial, as I do not want to involve ourselves in unnecessary arguments concerning individuals.

It has been brought out to my attention, in another thread, on OnLine Baptist, that Wenstrom is considered an authority to reference to. So, only when it is appropriate, and only if Wenstrom is quoted in context, and only when the conclusion of Wenstom is clearly and unmistakingly known, will he be quoted. If and when Wenstom is quoted a reference is required. Please remember, we need to ethically correct in all aspects when we quote another person.  If the quote is not in the above parameters, please refrain from quoting Wenstrom.

For example, in the previous thread concerning the debate in Daniel, Wenstom was quoted, but, the quote was not referenced, for everybody's  reference, below is the internet reference to the quote in the Daniel 9:24-27 debate.

http://www.wenstrom.org/downloads/written/exposition/dan/dan_9_24.pdf

Also, I consider Wenstrom an authority when it comes to a proper exegeis, and exposition, of scripture. I have read Bro. William E. Wenstorm's, Jr's. exposition of Daniel 9:24-27 and I am in agreement with his conclusions. To my knowledge Wenstrom is not a controversial figure, he is not liberal, nor is he an extreme fundamentalist. So, if a quote is within the parameters that I indicated above (in bold print), and the moderators do not disagree with using Wenstrom, I do mind if  the brethren quote from Wenstrom in our Revelation chapter 19-22 study. In fact, as I consider Wenstom's qualifications for the exposition of scripture excellent I may quote from him from time to time.

May the study in Revelation continue!

Kind Regards,

Alan

Edited by Alan
revise

• Members

Covenanter,

In the above post you mentioned that you sent it PM but, apparently , you did not send that above mesage by PM but in my public thread. Please respond by private messenger (PM), not in this Bible study.  Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Alan

Edited by Alan
revise

• Members

Revelation 22:1-5, “Eternal Blessings from God.”

Verse 1-5, “And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. And there be shall no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign forever and ever.”

“And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.”

Revelation 21:6

As the Apostle John continues his walk through the New and Holy Jerusalem he describes wonderful scenes that the saint will behold throughout eternity. Please also remember, that our eternal home in the Holy Jerusalem is a continuation of the Millennial Reign of Christ that will extend throughout eternity.

The pure water of life is for mankind in eternity. The water and the tree of life we behold are for the eternal life of the physical body of the saints. Please remember, in His glorified and resurrected body, the Lord Jesus, ate, drank, and walked as any other normal human being; Luke 24:32, 35, 41 and 42. In Luke 22:18 the Lord Jesus plainly stated that in the kingdom of God; starting with the Millennium and then extending into eternity on the new earth, “For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.” Luke 22:18

The river of life from God is, “pure.” There will never be any physical contaminants, or, pollution, in the river of life that proceeds from God. All of the blessings of this life and the eternal blessings in heaven, flow from God; James 1:17

“... the tree of life...”

The Tree of Life is for the eternal life, and nourishment, of the glorified bodies of the saints. The Tree of Life was in the Garden of Eden, all ready for Adam and Eve to enjoy, but sin entered in and destroyed that opportunity of eternal life for the body of Adam, Eve and their progeny; Genesis 2:9

In order to preclude the eating of the Tree of Life by mankind, and before God renews the earth, and to preclude the likelihood of any person with sin in its life, the Tree of Life was hidden from mankind; Genesis 3:22-14

Brethren, we need to remember one important detail about salvation. When a person gets saved the soul is saved, the flesh corrupts, but our soul has eternal life. When God gives us a new body the eternal life of the body comes from the Tree of Life.

“... were for the healing of the nations.”

What are the nations? And, or, Who are the occupiers of the nations?

Concerning the New Jerusalem, Revelation 21:24 states, “And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.” The various saints of the ages are included in the nations.

Please take careful note. I am not of the persuasion that the saints that enter into heaven can procreate. “For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels in heaven.” Matthew 22:29 Angels do not marry nor procreate. The belief that angels were allowed to marry women on earth in Genesis 6:2 is not scriptural.

Thoughts on the Nations of the New heaven and New Earth.

As we enter into the arena of what and who the nations are we must bear in mind that in reality we are not positive exactly what will take place. But, we do know that eternity will be wonderful; 1 Corinthians 2:9

When a person dies, and does not reach the Age of Accountability; that person is innocent of sin and in heaven.

1. This includes all of the babies, as way of illustration we will say, from birth to 4 years old. All of the babies in this definition, throughout the ages and nations, would total in the hundreds of millions. Remember all of the babies that Pharaoh had killed in Exodus? King Herod? In every war there are innocent babies killed along with their mothers in the womb and out of the womb.

2. Once conception occurs, the person in the womb is a separate individual; Jeremiah 1:5 is very plain that before a person is born he is a separate individual. The amount of abortions throughout the ages and in the various nations, would probably total also in the millions. Once in eternity the child in the womb could easily, by God, be matured to a baby capable of life outside the womb.

3. Persons who are mentally incapable of the knowledge of sin, even though they may be an adult, throughout the various ages and nations would probably total several million.

4. In some primitive cultures, some nomadic tribes, and in some third world countries, the death rate of newborns is very high. Again, the number of these babies would number in the millions.

In our study we need to remember Eternal and Spiritual facts.

1. Satan is in the Lake of fire so there will be no tempter.

2. The Curse is Eternally Lifted.

3. The Water of Life and the Tree of Life is for the eternal life, and nourishment, of the physical body.

4. Manna is the food of angels. Will it also be the food of men? Is it the food of all the innocents killed throughout the ages and nations? Is some childless saint as we speak, hand feeding these innocent babes with a spoon? I personally know a lot of saints who never had children of their own, who would gladly, and wholeheartedly, feed and take care of these innocent ones in glory. Quite frankly, these saints would have a Baptist fit if they were able to.

5. Every child that dies in innocence has its own angel that is in the presence of God; Matthew 18:10

6. Every child that dies in innocence will be recognizable by the parents; 2 Samuel 12:22 and 23

7. Little children, physically, and spiritually, will enter the kingdom of God; Matthew 18:1-3

8. The Lord Jesus said, “Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.” Matthew 18:14. Not one child that dies in innocence will perish. Obviously, little children die, so the meaning is very clear that it not physical death but spiritual death in hell: no child that is in innocence will perish, i. e., spend eternity in hell; A careful reading of John 3:16 will show us that the Lord Jesus used the word, "perish," instead of, 'hell." To perish (the soul, the spirit), means go to hell.  

Heritage of the Lord.

Psalms 127:3, “Lo, children, are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.” Could not children lost in this life be a heritage and reward from God in the next?

There have been countless saints, from all nations, in all ages, who have lost a child in the womb, or a young child, or a mentally retarded child that never reached maturity. Maybe, just maybe, God has a special blessing reserved for them in eternity. A special Plan for Eternity that includes these sainted parents?

Concluding Thoughts on the Nations:

An Eternal Blessing & Reward from God.

Would it not be possible to consider that in the New heaven and the New Earth, that God tells these sainted parents, “While on the earth I took away your child through death and caused you to miss having this child as an, “...heritage of the LORD.” I would like to make up for that. Here is your innocent child that never knew sin, I want you to take it, raise it your own mansion, and when it reaches maturity, and another such unwanted child also raised from another couple reaches maturity, they will marry, and procreate, and I will make it a nation of its own.” A childless parent would Praise God for Eternity if that would be the case.

Therefore, is it not feasible that God will use these untold millions of innocent babies of different nations to be able to grow into maturity and either make a nation of these innocents? Or, may I suggest that God allows these innocents to mature physically and reproduce into nations? And may we thus conclude that the Lord Jesus as the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS, will allow the saints who ruled with Him in the Millennium continue to rule these nations of innocents? Could this be a part of the Eternal Plan of God to continue the species of mankind throughout eternity?

“... And there be shall no more curse... “

The curse that God placed on mankind, and the animal kingdom, and all of the consequences, in Genesis 3:14-24, is lifted for eternity. Praise the Lord! Please study Romans 8:22 & 23

Brethren, the effect of the curse is upon all of us, all of our life, and on every aspect of livelihood on the face of the planet earth and everywhere man travels. One day, for the saints only, the curse will be lifted in the New Earth and New Heaven. Glory Hallelujah!

“... the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it.”

Psalm 48:1

Psalm 47:8

The saints of the ages will see the Throne of God and of the Lamb, Revelation chapter 4 and 5. We will experience the very presence of God and the Lamb for eternity. Hallelujah!

“And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.”

In our glorified bodies we will be able to see the face of God and of the Lamb. Please reference Revelation 3:12 and 21:22 and 23

“... and they shall reign forever and ever.”

As we studied in Revelation 20:4-6 the 1000 Year Reign of the Lord Jesus Christ as KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS is an everlasting Kingdom: it extends into eternity. Our rewards for serving the Lord Jesus in this life will extend into eternity: 2 Timothy 2:12 Praise the Lord!

Edited by Alan
forgot a scripture reference