• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Revelation chapter 19-22 Study.

• Members

Covenanter,

I need to spend a little more time on answering your comments; which I appreciate. Tomorrow I will answer. First, I need a cup of coffee and put on my thinking cap.

sipping-coffee.thumb.gif.7bfed5e986a3fe8

John81,

Thank you for your thoughts and knowledge of the heart of man. Logicly speaking, for the whole world to be deceived and to attack Israel is somewhat irrational. As you pointed out, mankind can be somewhat foolish at times. I think Jeremiah 17:9 has a bearing on the irrational heart and motives of mankind, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

I do agree with you also that sometimes we are too dogmatic on extactly who Gog and Magog, and some of the other problematic nations are. So, I tend to believe it as I have written the study.

Thank you again for your thoughts and discussion. :goodpost:

Anybody else has some thoughts on this passage of scripture? any problems which need to be addressed? any comments?

• Members

May I suggest a solution to John's question of a world-wide attack on a tiny nation?

At present Christians & Jews are spread out all over the world as they will be during the millennium. The attacks will be against them/us wherever they/we are living. Jesus' rule is over the whole planet as King of kings & Lord of lords, so the attack on him & his people could be all over the planet - as it is today. In a world war there are many camps, even though there may be only one HQ. 

And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Just as Jesus told the Samaritan women that true worship would be in Spirit & in truth, rather than localised on Jerusalem, we can expect that to apply in the millennium, wherever his people are. 

• Members

Covenanter...

Zechariah 14 

Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.....................

And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.

He ain't coming to New York, Bejing, or London and He sure ain't coming to Mecca or the Vatican... He's going to set His foot right smack in the middle of Israel. That's where it's at, bro.....Zion

• Members

Covenanter,

I think both Hebrews and Revelation have application to all who read, study and believe the doctrines in both of the books. I am not of the persuasion that Hebrews was just written for Jews for the Tribulation period nor Revelation just for the Jews. Both Hebrews and Revelation were written for everybody. The spiritual riches in both Hebrews and Revelation is truly wonderful and to limit their scope to one class of people is not of the Lord. “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.” 2 Timothy 3:16 and 17 Both Hebrews and Revelation have blessings, promises, words of encouragement to every saint in every age.

Concerning your question concerning the Covenant (Testament); Hebrews 8:8-13; 9:14-28; 10:20; and 12:24-29. In order to adequately cover this aspect of the work of Christ, and prophecy, we need a whole new thread and not in this study.

To your last question concerning why this thread is a blessing to our present, “dispensation.” It is a blessing in the area of encouragement to know that God will fulfill His promises, to the saved in the Old Testament, and to the saints in the New Testament, in an orderly manner and to conclude the Plan of God as revealed by the prophets. I, as most saints, receive a personal blessing from every word in Revelation: whether it is directed to the Church Age or to the Nation of Israel. Thank you for your comments.

• Members

Heartstrings,

Amen and Amen!

Zechariah plainly prophesied, eight times in Zechariah chapter 14, (Zechariah 14:2,4,11,12,14,16,17,and 21), that the city would be Jerusalem.

Thank you for bringing out this important aspect of extactly where the Lord Jesus will reign as King.

Any further thoughts, comments, or areas of discussion?

• Members

Verse 4, And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had receive his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived with and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Happening today is it not? more and more Christians dying for there faith

• Members

The countries of the world are preparing for the one world government by instituting State Persecution of the saints. It will culminate in the beheadings as we read in Revelation 20:4

Thank you Paul for your insight in this verse. :goodpost:

Any other thoughts somebody would like to bring out? or points in the passage that needs clarification?

• Members

1 Thess 4

16  For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18  Wherefore comfort one another with these words. 

Sometimes the Lord gives us information that is not immediately relevant for us, but it is prospective information to encourage and/or comfort us.

Not everything in God's Word is specifically relevant in the present time: some is for our learning from past record, some is for our comfort from future prospect.

• Members

The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.

Look how long it took for this verse to come alive.

The Jews are looking for Messiah Ben David. Will the anti-Christ call the Jews home and rebuild the temple, tricking the people into believing he is the Messiah? Will the anti-Christ be Jewish and be Hasidic? Would they accept a Messiah who converted to Judaism from another religion?

In the reign of the King of Kings will everyone speak the same language? The curse of Babel lifted? With so many other curses lifted why isn't this one mentioned?

• Members

MountainChristian,

You brought out a very interesting comment on the long length of time some of the prophecies take to be fulfilled. This reminds me of Galatians 4:4, "But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law." God will fulfill His will in His own time that He has predetermined. We need to wait upon the LORD.

You also brought out some interesting questions. The one question that I think I can answer is that I do not think the nations will speak the same language in the reign of Christ; but I believe when the KIngdom is extended into eternity, Revelation 21:1, and the tabernacle of God is on the earth, Revelation 20:3, then all people will speak the same language. At that time the curse of Babel and the different languages will be lifted.

I believe Zephaniah prophesied of Revelation 21:1-3 when he said, "Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy. For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may call upon the name  of the LORD, to serve him with one consent." Zepthaniah 3:8 and 9 Please remember that Zephaniah, as a prophet, prophesies of not only of the Tribulation period, the Millenium but also Eternity.  

Excellent question.:th_tiphat: Does anybody have any other comments on the language question that MountainChristian brought up?

Any other insight on what has been discussed thus far? or, any other aspects of this lesson you would like to bring out?

Edited by Alan10
grammer

• Members

Brethren,

Thus far the studies, the discussions, and the friendly spirit, has been an encouragement to me and I hope to you also. :)

Any last thoughts, or comments, before I post the next lesson on Revelation 20:11-15, "The Great White Throne of Judgment?" 

:godisgood:

Edited by Alan10
spelling

• Members

Verse 4, And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had receive his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived with and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Happening today is it not? more and more Christians dying for there faith

​Yes - & throughout the Gospel age of grace. Jesus warned his followers of tribulation in John 16:33

John sees the souls of the martyrs, a spiritual resurrection that saves us from hell - John 5:24-25 The spiritual resurrection is distinct from the physical, bodily resurrection - John 5:28-29

Several times in Revelation John sees saints in heaven - e.g. Rev. 5:8-10 Rev. 6:9-11 Rev. 7:9-17

• Members

Revelation 20:11-15

“The Great White Throne of Judgment.”

Verse 11-15, “And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”

‘And I saw a great white throne...’

God is Great, Psalm 48:1 And the, ‘White,’ throne is a literal pure, white throne that also speaks of the Purity, Holiness, and Righteousness of God. God sits on His throne and judges, ‘righteously.’ The throne of God is a Holy Throne. “God reigneth over the heathen: God sitteth upon the throne of his holiness.” Psalm 47:8

The prophecy of Daniel 7:9-11 is being fulfilled, “I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire. A fiery stream issued and came forth before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.”

God is Righteous, and Holy, in all of His thoughts; His deeds, His motives, and His character. The only thing that the Ancient of Days is interested in at the Judgement at the Great White Throne is Righteousness and the Judgment of Sin. The previous political connections, religious ceremonies, wealth of an individual, fame of an individual, social standing, and other worldly and fleshly considerations will not move, sway, or change the Judgment of God according to His righteousness and Law.

God will judge everyone by His Righteousness

God, as King, has established His throne by righteousness. “It is an abomination to kings to commit wickedness: for the throne is established by righteousness.” Proverbs 16:12

Psalm 9:4, “For thou maintained my right and my cause; thou satest in the throne judging right.”

The Righteousness of God is exceedingly superior than the righteousness of men.

Every culture, every false religion every heathen that ever lived has their own set of righteousness. The Muslim has their own set of righteousness, the Buddhist The Taoist, The Indian Guru, the American Indians, the Roman Catholic, the Mormons (the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints), the Jehovah’s Witnesses, The Seventh Day Adventist, et al. Romans 10:3

The righteous acts, motives, deeds, and thoughts of man are as, ‘filthy rags.’ “But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousness are as filthy rags; and we all do face as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.” Isaiah 64:6

‘... and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and heaven fled away;...‘

This judgment is not in heaven nor on earth. This is a very unique situation that is unfathomable to the human mind. It is so unique that the scriptures do not even try to explain where it takes place.

‘And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God;...’

This is the resurrection of the dead that is as spoken of in Revelation 20:6

‘And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.’

Every individual that trusted in their own works, religious ceremony, merit, thoughts, or some priest, will be judged accordingly. Those who thought that God will overlook their sins, or, who thought that, ‘their good works will outweigh their bad deeds,’ or, who thought, ‘God is a loving God and will not cast men into hell,’  and considered themselves as righteous, or more righteous, than other men, will be sadly, and eternally, be mistaken. Those who trust in their own works for salvation, and not the grace of the Lord Jesus, are tragically mistaken.

In the sight of God we are not righteous. “As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:’ Romans 3:10

Salvation, in any era, and in any country, is by faith in the mercy of God. Ephesians 2: 8 and 9

Psalm 69:28, “Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.” Please read the solemn words of Moses of God in Exodus 32:31 and 32

All the Dead – 「天網恢恢。

All of the cultures of the world, all of the religious denominations of the world, and of course, Christianity, believe in some sort of Final Judgment. The Chinese have a saying, 「天網恢恢。Translated that means, “Nobody escapes the judgment of Heaven."

At the Great White Throne every individual that trusted in their own form of righteousness will be judged and condemned. Every sin that they committed, every filthy thought, every filthy joke, every lie, disobedience against the Law of God, and every deceit committed, will be judged.

The Lord Jesus said, “But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.” Matthew 12:36 and 37

The eternal location of the lost, Hell, the Lake of Fire, has already been determined. The Judgment of God at this time will be for the degree of punishment in the Lake of Fire. The Lord Jesus refers to the degree of punishment as, ‘stripes.’ Please study Luke 12:47 and 48.

Lost Religious Ministers

Matthew 7:21 – 23 Throughout the Church Age there has been false prophets, false ministers, and false teachers. The Roman Catholic Church ministers who trust in the Catholic traditions instead of the Lord Jesus, the Seventh Day Adventist who trusts in their observance of the Sabbath instead of the Lord Jesus, the Charismatic Charlatans who trusted in deception, the Mormon, ‘elders,’ the Jehovah’s Witnesses ‘ministers,’ and every other cultist and lost minister, who preached in the name of Jesus, but was not saved, will hear these tragic and solemn words spoken by the Lord Jesus Christ, “And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” Matthew 7:23

One Final Act to Glorify God

As every individual stands before God, and is condemned by his own mouth, there will be one final act that will be performed by every individual that ever lived and rejected God’s Plan of Salvation. This includes Satan himself and every man from every nation and culture. Please study Romans 1:17-32

Every individual, will bow the knee and confess before God, the Lord Jesus, the saints, and the rest of lost, that Jesus Christ is Lord. “That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ if Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” Philippians2:10 and 11

This will be in fulfillment of the prophecy of Isaiah. “I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.” Isaiah 45:23

Angels will be Judged at the time

Jude 6, “And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

2 Peter 2:4, “For if God spared not the angles that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment.”

The angels that sinned with Lucifer have been held in everlasting chains, in hell, since the time they were cast out of heaven. The teaching that the angels that were cast down co-habited with women is incorrect, a myth, and a fantasy. It is sad that this incorrect interpretation of scripture has infiltrated the ranks of the independent Baptist movement.

Imputed Righteousness by Faith

From Genesis through the Millennial Saints

When a person, in a true belief of the heart, Romans 10:10, and, by faith, accepts the Lord Jesus as their Saviour: God imputes to that person the Righteousness of Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:21 and Romans 4:1-8, 22-25. A person is not saved by any form of works: but by the grace of the Lord Jesus. Ephesians 2:8 and 9.Therefore, he is righteous in the sight of God: 1 Corinthians 1:30 Glory hallelujah! Thank you Lord Jesus!

‘And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”

Very Important Note:

Millennial Saints

The multitude of people in the Millennial Reign of Christ, who died during the Millennium, or who lived until the Millennium ended, will be judged for rewards at this time. This in one of the reasons why the Book of Life will be opened. These saints are part of the, ‘gleanings,’ in the harvest of souls.

“And I entreat thee also, true yoke-fellow, help those women which labored with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other fellow-laborers, whose names are in the book of life.” Philippians 4:3

The Lost

“The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.” Psalm 9:17

Job said, “That the wicked is reserved to the day of destruction? They shall be brought forth to the day of wrath. Job 21:30

God is a merciful God; but He is also a God of Judgment against all sin. John 3:36

God will not recognize the repentance of anybody after death nor at the Great White Throne of Judgment.

In the great prophecy of the resurrection of the saints, and how God will redeem those who trust in Him; see 1 Corinthians 15:55, God expressly said that He will not acceptance repentance after death. Hosea13:14, “I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O Death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.” Remember the rich man in hell; Luke 16:19-31?

At the end of the Judgment the lost from Hell are cast into the Lake of Fire.

The Great White Throne of Judgment will be a solemn and tragic period in history.

Conclusion of the Judgment

After the casting of the lost into the Lake of Fire, the universe will be cleansed of all sin, evil, and Satan; death will no more trouble the human race and God will lift the curse of Genesis 3.

“The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.” 1 Corinthians 15:26

Glory Hallelujah! Praise the Lord! At that time, all of us may just have a, ‘Baptist Fit.” Amen and Amen!

And, Glory Hallelujah, afterwards, the redeemed will enter into the New Heavens and the New Earth.

• Members

Brethren,

Looking forward to continuing the lessons. Our next lesson will be on Revelation 21:1-8. 'The New Heaven and the New Earth.'

Any comments or points of discussion before we continue? Some of the previous discussions and thoughts were very good. :D

Alan