• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Revelation chapter 19-22 Study.

• Members

It was a very wise move to start such a study with a post we can all agree with :grouphug: 

It means we can move forward with a positive approach. 

Comments on presentation: it would be helpful to clearly separate Scripture from comment. I suggest you block & Ctrl/I Scripture to italicize it &block & Ctrl/B to embolden selected phrases. Also I have tried to tell Matt that we can't indent - which would be helpful for the same reason. And now the colours have disappeared. 

• Members

Revelation 19: 7-10, “The Marriage Supper of the Lamb.”

Verse 7, “Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

Verse 8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

Verse 9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Verse 10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellow-servant, and of the brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”

Very Important notes: At this point in our study of the prophetic events in the Book of Revelation we need to make sure of four key points in the interpretation, and order of events, of prophecy:

1. “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” 2 Timothy 2:15 All of the various religions, cults, false prophets, et al, can ‘divide’ the scriptures; but they do not have the spiritual discernment to ‘rightly’ divide the scriptures. “ 1 Corinthians 2:13 & 14, “Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.” The confusion concerning the fulfillment of the prophetic prophesies of the prophets is due to corrupt doctrine in the churches, denominational bias, and of evil influences. “For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all of the saints.” 1 Corinthians 14:33

2. “Give none offense, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God.” 1 Corinthians 10:32. Concerning prophecy, there are specific promises and prophesies given to the elect sons of Israel; specific prophecies concerning the unbelieving Gentile nations, and specific promises to the elect in the church of God (believing Jews and Gentiles in the Church Age).

3. “… for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.” Revelation 19:10 Amen!

4. The prophetic prophecies by the prophets in the Old Testament concerning the restoration of Israel, the coming of the Messiah, and the times of ‘Jacob’s Trouble,’ (the Tribulation Period)and the prophesies of the Lord Jesus, particularly Matthew chapter 24 & 25, the prophecies of Paul, Peter and John are not always written in the order of sequence. The proper order of sequences of the prophecies is ‘revealed’ in the Book of Revelation. Because God is the God of order, “Let all things be done decently and in order.” 1 Corinthians 14:10, God gave us the proper order of prophetic events clearly delineated in the Book of Revelation.

“…the marriage of the Lamb is come…”

In the Old Testament the wife of Jehovah is the Jewish nation of Israel. In the Church Age the nation of Israel is pictured as an adulterous wife: Please study Jeremiah and Hosea.

The Lamb is the Lord Jesus Christ. “The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.” John 1:29

In the New Testament the wife of the Lord Jesus is the church. I must add; the church is comprised of born again Jews and Gentiles who are saved, not those necessarily belonging to some, ‘church.’ The book of Ephesians gives us an in-depth description of the spiritual relationship between the church and the Saviour. Particularly: Ephesians 12:4, 22 & 23; 2:6 & 7, and 5:23-33

“…and his wife hath made herself ready.”

The ‘wife’ is the church. The reason why the church is not mentioned during the events of the Great Tribulation Period, or the ‘Times of Jacob’s trouble,’ is due to the fact that the church has been in heaven since Revelation 4:1. The church, during the Tribulation Period, Revelation chapter 6-18, has been being made ‘ready’ for the Marriage Supper of the Lamb. Almost without exception, every bride, in every country, in every age, is secretly taken away to be made ‘ready’ for her marriage. In Revelation 4:1 The church was secretly taken out of the world at the ‘Rapture,’ in order to be made ‘ready’ for her bridegroom.

This being made ‘ready’ is primarily a reference to the cleansing of heretical doctrine in the church and the giving of rewards to the Church Age saints at the, ‘Judgment Seat of Christ,’ as spoken by Paul in Romans 14:10-12, 1 Corinthians 3:8-15, and 2 Corinthians 5:10. Salvation and service are two different aspects in the Christian life.

Paul wrote this testimony shortly before his death, “For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.” 2 Timothy 4:6

And, “That he [Christ] might sanctify and cleanse it [the church] with the washing by the word.” Ephesians 5:26. Brethren, please take this lesson as a friendly word of warning. If you are not going to be cleansed from your sins and from corrupt doctrine while you live on the earth by the word of God, the Lord Jesus will personally cleanse every Christian of the corrupt doctrines, corrupt Bibles, corrupt associations, and corrupt behavior, at the Judgment Seat of Christ.

The Lord Jesus performed one act at the Temple of God at the beginning of His earthly ministry and at the end of His earthly ministry that all of the saints need to take very careful heed. The Lord Jesus ‘cleansed’ the Temple of God. One day the Lord Jesus will again ‘cleanse’ the Temple of God. “What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?” 1 Corinthians 6:19

“…for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.”  

1. Righteousness in Salvation. When a person believes on the Lord Jesus as Saviour he is made ‘righteous’ in the sight of God. 2 Corinthians 5:21

2. Righteousness in Daily Holiness. In our daily walk with the Lord Jesus we need to be ‘righteous’ in our thoughts, our behavior, our companionship, and relationship with our fellow man. 2 Corinthians 6: 11-18, 2 Timothy 2:19-21, and the rest of the writings of the Apostles in the New Testament. 1 Peter1:16, “Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.” Some of the saints on God’s green earth are not holy and therefore, not ‘ready.’ All of us though will be made ‘ready,’ or ‘holy,’ in preparation for our marriage with the Lamb. Glory Hallelujah!

The Lord Jesus wants a ‘chaste virgin’ for His bride: 2 Corinthians 11:2

“…which are called…”

Every person who has answered the, ‘call of salvation,’ will be ‘called,’ to the marriage supper of the Lamb. The ‘calling’ of the saints to the marriage supper was made when the Lord Jesus ‘called’ the saints into heaven. “For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.” 1 Thessalonians 4:16 & 17

“…See thou do it not…”

The Apostle John mistakenly fell down to worship this man of God. The man of God, as any true man of God, told him not to do it. If the Pope, the Cardinals, and the Priests of the Roman Catholic Church were true men of God (which they are not in any sense of the word), then they would not allow people to fall at their feet. It is Satanic for a man to allow another man to fall at his feet in worship and not to correct him for his error.

“…for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”

All of the prophesies of the Old Testament, and, the prophesies of the New Testament, point to some aspect of the character, work, testimony, and person of the Lord Jesus as the Messiah.

• Members

I was hoping to see other replies before responding. Your very important notes need comment.

Very Important notes: At this point in our study of the prophetic events in the Book of Revelation we need to make sure of four key points in the interpretation, and order of events, of prophecy:

1. “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” 2 Timothy 2:15 All of the various religions, cults, false prophets, et al, can ‘divide’ the scriptures; but they do not have the spiritual discernment to ‘rightly’ divide the scriptures. “ 1 Corinthians 2:13 & 14, “Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.” The confusion concerning the fulfillment of the prophetic prophesies of the prophets is due to corrupt doctrine in the churches, denominational bias, and of evil influences. “For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all of the saints.” 1 Corinthians 14:33  

2. “Give none offense, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God.” 1 Corinthians 10:32. Concerning prophecy, there are specific promises and prophesies given to the elect sons of Israel; specific prophecies concerning the unbelieving Gentile nations, and specific promises to the elect in the church of God (believing Jews and Gentiles in the Church Age).

3. “… for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.” Revelation 19:10 Amen!

4. The prophetic prophecies by the prophets in the Old Testament concerning the restoration of Israel, the coming of the Messiah, and the times of ‘Jacob’s Trouble,’ (the Tribulation Period)and the prophesies of the Lord Jesus, particularly Matthew chapter 24 & 25, the prophecies of Paul, Peter and John are not always written in the order of sequence. The proper order of sequences of the prophecies is‘revealed’ in the Book of Revelation. Because God is the God of order, “Let all things be done decently and in order.” 1 Corinthians 14:10, God gave us the proper order of prophetic events clearly delineated in the Book of Revelation.

1. As we are taught by the Holy Ghost, & given spiritual discernment, how can believers possible disagree on matters of Scripture interpretation? And if I disagree with you, is one of us confused, for the reasons given, or do we disagree because our interpretation is not inspired? The first word is STUDY & as we study Scripture, comparing related texts in their context, we do come to a spiritual understanding. The trouble with INTERPRETATION is that if interpretation is necessary for right understanding of a passage, we are not accepting the Scripture in a literal way. As spiritual discernment is needed, so interpretation is needed, & interpretations are our own, & we should not claim because we are believers that the Holy Ghost has given us the true interpretation. 

2. 1 Cor. 10:32 is not a prophecy context. It concerns food & eating with unbelievers. In the immediate context, if an unbeliever tells you the meat being served has been offered to idols, don't eat it for his sake. Don't serve pork to Jews, nor beef to Hindus, or non-halal to Muslims. 

3. Now Rev. 19:10 does need interpretation - we are not all prophets. 

4. The obvious time/context interpretation of Jacob's trouble Jer. 30:7 concerns the events of Esther. If Revelation gives the events of the second coming of Christ in "proper order" why does Jesus come in several chapters? e.g. Rev. 1:7  Rev. 6:12-17  Most interpreters consider these are reiterations, rather than sequential. Jesus gives the details clearly in Mat. 24 so that believers will be able to take the appropriate action when the see the prophesied events happening. 

• Members

Revelation 19: 7-10, “The Marriage Supper of the Lamb.”

Verse 7, “Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

Verse 8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

Verse 9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Verse 10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellow-servant, and of the brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”

“…the marriage of the Lamb is come…”

In the Old Testament the wife of Jehovah is the Jewish nation of Israel. In the Church Age the nation of Israel is pictured as an adulterous wife: Please study Jeremiah and Hosea.

The Lamb is the Lord Jesus Christ. “The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.” John 1:29

In the New Testament the wife of the Lord Jesus is the church. I must add; the church is comprised of born again Jews and Gentiles who are saved, not those necessarily belonging to some, ‘church.’ The book of Ephesians gives us an in-depth description of the spiritual relationship between the church and the Saviour. Particularly: Ephesians 12:422 & 23; 2:6 & 7, and 5:23-33

I believe in looking for the simplest interpretation. I have seen interpretations that refer to Israel as the wife of Jehovah & the Church as the bride of Christ. I hope you are not following that line. I believe that ALL God's redeemed people are in that husband-betrothed relationship. Under the Old Covenant, Israel as a nation is pictured frequently as an adulterous wife, whoring after other gods. The faithful were always in a personal relationship with the LORD, living by faith. 

Under the New Covenant, the relationship again is always personal, & that covenant takes in all believers, including the OC believers. They were not saved apart from Christ. All believers - all the redeemed look forward to the glorious consummation of our relationship with our Saviour God. I don't think there is any separation of church & believing Israel under the NC. We are "my people" as expressed in Rev. 21:1-3 The husband-wife analogy in Ephesians applies through Scripture. As does the following injunction to make ourselves ready - by faith & obedience. Mat. 24:42-47 & Mat. 25:1-13 

A possible reason for interpretation disagreements is that words, including Scripture, are necessarily sequential, even if the events being described are concurrent.   

• Members

Praise the Lord! There is going to be a lot of rejoicing and praise God in heaven! If you are not a shoutin’ Baptist down here on earth; you will be one in heaven! All, glory, praise, honour and power belongs to God Almighty!

AMEN!

The Roman Catholic Church has a mixture of true and false doctrines, pagan ceremonies and Christian ideals, it claims to be ‘Christian,’ and the, ‘only true church.’ But, it is full of corrupting doctrines and practices designed to fool the saint and the religious sinner.

AMEN!

Every new version of the scriptures from the Revised Version of 1881 is a corrupt bible. 

Question...just for consideration. 

Ephesians 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

Do you ever witness using your own words?

• Members

1Timothy115,

As you suggested, I considered your application of Ephesians 4:29 to my comments. And, in response, I fail to understand you application of Ephesians 4:29 with the quote that you took off of my study.

I did mention that every new Bible starting from the Revised Version of 1881 is a corrupt version: and they are. Paul the Apostle, in a direct reference to the corruption of the scriptures in his day and age plainly wrote, "For we not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ." 2 Corinthians 2:17 And translator who takes away or adds to the written word of God is corrupting the scriptures. so I was correct in my reference to the new version of the scriptures as being corrupt.

In reference to the Roman Catholic Church I did mention the '...corrupting doctrines and practices...' Among many errors, the Roman Catholic Church promotes worship of images; which is expressly forbidden by God throughout the Old Testament. In Exodus 4:15 and 16 God says, "Take ye therefore good heed unto yourselves; for ye saw no manner of similitude on the day that the LORD spake unto you in Horeb out of the midst of the fire: Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of male or female." God Himself said that the worshipping of images (such as is prevalent in the Roman Catholic Church), is 'corruption.' So  was correct in my reference to the idolatrous worship in the Roman Catholic Church as corrupt.

Furthermore, you need to get a good concordance and study the word 'corrupt,' 'corrupted,' corrupters,' 'corrupted,' corrupeth,' corrupting,' 'corruption,' and corruptly,' in the scriptures. You will discover that when I wrote the above comments it was proper in speech and in scriptural context. 

I would also like to suggest that you read and study thoroughly, "The Two Babylons," by Alexander Hislop. In, "The Two Babylons," by  Hislop thoroughly, and scholarly, documents the pagan ceremonies and some of the corrupted doctrines within the Roman Catholic Church that we do not have time and space to mention in this thread.

You mentioned, "Do you ever witness using your own words?" The implication that I got from that question, and your reference to Ephesians 4:29, is that I use corrupt speech in my witnessing.  I do not feel that to respond to that question is appropriate to this thread. I will though, when I revise the above lesson on Revelation, clarify my reasoning for using the word, 'corrupt.'

Thank you for your comments.

• Members

Coventanter,

I do hope that the following reply to your comments will be of a help to not only both of us but to other brethren that have a desire to learn the prophetic truth of the Book of Revelation. In the followhing post the blue comments are yours and the red comments are my replies.

As we are taught by the Holy Ghost, & given spiritual discernment, how can believers possible disagree on matters of Scripture interpretation? And if I disagree with you, is one of us confused, for the reasons given, or do we disagree because our interpretation is not inspired? The first word is STUDY & as we study Scripture, comparing related texts in their context, we do come to a spiritual understanding. The trouble with INTERPRETATION is that if interpretation is necessary for right understanding of a passage, we are not accepting the Scripture in a literal way. As spiritual discernment is needed, so interpretation is needed, & interpretations are our own, & we should not claim because we are believers that the Holy Ghost has given us the true interpretation. 

As I stated in the, “Four Points of Interpretation,” believers disagree due to numerous reasons; denominational bias, etc... The problem lies with individual; it is not the problem with the scripture. “Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture if of any private interpretation.” 2 Peter 1:20. Private interpretation is common among many different churches and brethren for many reasons. To me, and to most of the Independent Baptists that I associate with, we find the Book of Revelation gives us a clear understanding of Old Testament promises and can confidently say, "thus saith the Lord."

1. 1 Cor. 10:32 is not a prophecy context. It concerns food & eating with unbelievers. In the immediate context, if an unbeliever tells you the meat being served has been offered to idols, don't eat it for his sake. Don't serve pork to Jews, nor beef to Hindus, or non-halal to Muslims. 

Maybe a more thorough study of 1 Corinthians 10 will help your understanding. To limit the three divisions of classes of people mentioned (the Jew, the Gentile, and the Church), to food and eating is not correct and not in context with 1 Corinthians chapter 10. The context of 1 Corinthians 10 is as follows: Verse 1-10 is clearly referring to the Jews; verse 11-18 Paul interprets the context of verse 1-10, the Jews, to the Church of God; and in verse 19-31 Paul is at that point dealing the unbelieving Gentiles with the eating of food offered to idols. In conclusion, verse 31-33 tells us plainly the three divisions of peoples: the Jew, the (unbelieving) Gentiles, and the church of God (saved Jews and Gentiles). Verse 32 is dealing with the three classes of people and not just the eating of food offered to idols. Therefore, my post stands. I may though clarify, and support it with other pertinent scriptures, in the future.

1. Now Rev. 19:10 does need interpretation - we are not all prophets. 

The prophetic prophesies of the Old Testament prophets have to do with some aspect of the Lord Jesus as the coming Messiah: the death, burial and Resurrection of the Messiah, the one and only effectual sacrifice of the Messiah for the justification of the sinner, the Person and Character of the Messiah, the Millennial Kingdom of the Messiah as King of the Jews, and the eternal Priesthood of the Messiah. Hopefully, that will further clarify it. If not, maybe you, or one of the brethren, can be of assistance.

1. The obvious time/context interpretation of Jacob's trouble Jer. 30:7 concerns the events of Esther. If Revelation gives the events of the second coming of Christ in "proper order" why does Jesus come in several chapters? e.g. Rev. 1:7  Rev. 6:12-17  Most interpreters consider these are reiterations, rather than sequential. Jesus gives the details clearly in Mat. 24 so that believers will be able to take the appropriate action when the see the prophesied events happening. 

Jeremiah 30:3, “For, lo, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will bring again the captivity of my people Israel and Judah, saith the LORD: and I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it.” Israel is still, “...wandering among the nations... Hosea 9:17, out of the land of promise. One day, as recorded in the Book of Revelation, God will bring them back to the land of promise as Jeremiah prophesied.

Jeremiah 30:7, “Alas! for the day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob’s trouble; but he shall be saved out of it.”

“...so that none is like it...” Is not a reference to the events in Esther. It is a direct reference to the, “Tribulation Period,” in Revelation chapter 6-18 To claim Jeremiah 30:6 is only a reference to the events in Esther is a private interpretation of scripture.

Concerning the Bride

I believe in looking for the simplest interpretation. I have seen interpretations that refer to Israel as the wife of Jehovah & the Church as the bride of Christ. I hope you are not following that line. I believe that ALL God's redeemed people are in that husband-betrothed relationship. Under the Old Covenant, Israel as a nation is pictured frequently as an adulterous wife, whoring after other gods. The faithful were always in a personal relationship with the LORD, living by faith. 

God told Jeremiah to proclaim these words to the backslidden Jews, “Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion.” Jeremiah 3:14 Can that be any clearer? The wife of God is the literal, chosen, sons of Abraham, the Jewish nation of Israel.

Did not our Lord Jesus say, “Wherefore, they [a married couple] are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let no man put asunder.” Matthew 19:6 the words of the Lord Jesus is true in both the physical and spiritual realm. When God says that He is married to Israel than we should accept it. We may not fully understand it, realize its implications, but we should believe and accept it. Furthermore, in the spiritual realm, I am glad that nothing can, '...put asunder...' my relationship with my bridegroom.  

In the Old Testament, along with the Jews, if a person trusted in God then he also was ‘joined’ to the LORD. “Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, the LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.” Isaiah 56:3

In the New Testament, as I previously brought out, concerning the bride of Christ (the husband-betrothed relationship), the Bride of Christ is clearly the church (the redeemed). Again, to quote the teaching of the Lord Jesus, the Bridegroom of the church, “...What God hath joined together, let no man put asunder.” Matthew 19:6 When a person is saved, he is 'joined' to the Lord.

Under the New Covenant, the relationship again is always personal, & that covenant takes in all believers, including the OC believers. They were not saved apart from Christ. All believers - all the redeemed look forward to the glorious consummation of our relationship with our Saviour God. I don't think there is any separation of church & believing Israel under the NC. We are "my people" as expressed in Rev. 21:1-3 The husband-wife analogy in Ephesians applies through Scripture. As does the following injunction to make ourselves ready - by faith & obedience. Mat. 24:42-47 & Mat. 25:1-13 

Covenanter, maybe you need to change your thinking in the matter of the promises of God to the chosen sons of Israel and the prophetic promises given to Israel. The context of Revelation 21:1-3 is in eternity, and is taken out of context to our current subject matter.

A possible reason for interpretation disagreements is that words, including Scripture, are necessarily sequential, even if the events being described are concurrent.  

• Members

I liked your post because of a good reply, not because of agreement. 

[ @BroMatt  - I can't cancel Italic & Bold in this reply - until after the quotes - and it would be helpful in a post like this if the formatting options stayed in view - including the missing ones after right justify. ]

As I stated in the, “Four Points of Interpretation,” believers disagree due to numerous reasons; denominational bias, etc... The problem lies with individual; it is not the problem with the scripture. “Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture if of any private interpretation.” 2 Peter 1:20. Private interpretation is common among many different churches and brethren for many reasons. To me, and to most of the Independent Baptists that I associate with, we find the Book of Revelation gives us a clear understanding of Old Testament promises and can confidently say, "thus saith the Lord."

I too reject private interpretation. One reason for the difference in our understanding is the Altantic Ocean, & the influence of Scofield on the American Bible colleges. As a result dispensationalism has become orthodoxy, rather than Covenant theology. 

God told Jeremiah to proclaim these words to the backslidden Jews, “Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion.” Jeremiah 3:14 Can that be any clearer? The wife of God is the literal, chosen, sons of Abraham, the Jewish nation of Israel.

Does that mean the entire nation, faithful & unfaithful children of Israel have the married-to-God status? Or does it mean only the faithful few - one or two? 

Did not our Lord Jesus say, “Wherefore, they [a married couple] are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let no man put asunder.” Matthew 19:6 the words of the Lord Jesus is true in both the physical and spiritual realm. When God says that He is married to Israel than we should accept it. We may not fully understand it, realize its implications, but we should believe and accept it. Furthermore, in the spiritual realm, I am glad that nothing can, '...put asunder...' my relationship with my bridegroom.  

Jesus & John had words to say against those who trusted in being children of Abraham. Mat. 3:7-10  John 8:39-44  The physical realm concerns human marriage, & the spiritual realm both godly marriage & our relationship with our heavenly bridegroom. 

But, are you saying that Israelites, who live & die in unbelief & rejection of their Messiah are yet married to the LORD & will be with him in glory? Peter (quoting Moses) disagrees. Acts 3:22-26 

In the Old Testament, along with the Jews, if a person trusted in God then he also was ‘joined’ to the LORD. “Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, the LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.” Isaiah 56:3

Agreed

In the New Testament, as I previously brought out, concerning the bride of Christ (the husband-betrothed relationship), the Bride of Christ is clearly the church (the redeemed). Again, to quote the teaching of the Lord Jesus, the Bridegroom of the church, “...What God hath joined together, let no man put asunder.” Matthew 19:6 When a person is saved, he is 'joined' to the Lord.

Agreed

• Members

I don't like being critical - your theme is tremendous & wonderful! Do we realise our status in God's sight as his so loved ones? 

It's too easy to think in general terms about God's love for the world. Paul makes a wonderful statement in the middle of an argument about doctrine:

Gal. 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

May we pray this prayer for each other:

Eph. 3:14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, 21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

• Members

1Timothy115,

As you suggested, I considered your application of Ephesians 4:29 to my comments. And, in response, I fail to understand you application of Ephesians 4:29 with the quote that you took off of my study.

I did mention that every new Bible starting from the Revised Version of 1881 is a corrupt version: and they are. Paul the Apostle, in a direct reference to the corruption of the scriptures in his day and age plainly wrote, "For we not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ." 2 Corinthians 2:17 And translator who takes away or adds to the written word of God is corrupting the scriptures. so I was correct in my reference to the new version of the scriptures as being corrupt.

In reference to the Roman Catholic Church I did mention the '...corrupting doctrines and practices...' Among many errors, the Roman Catholic Church promotes worship of images; which is expressly forbidden by God throughout the Old Testament. In Exodus 4:15 and 16 God says, "Take ye therefore good heed unto yourselves; for ye saw no manner of similitude on the day that the LORD spake unto you in Horeb out of the midst of the fire: Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of male or female." God Himself said that the worshipping of images (such as is prevalent in the Roman Catholic Church), is 'corruption.' So  was correct in my reference to the idolatrous worship in the Roman Catholic Church as corrupt.

Furthermore, you need to get a good concordance and study the word 'corrupt,' 'corrupted,' corrupters,' 'corrupted,' corrupeth,' corrupting,' 'corruption,' and corruptly,' in the scriptures. You will discover that when I wrote the above comments it was proper in speech and in scriptural context. 

I would also like to suggest that you read and study thoroughly, "The Two Babylons," by Alexander Hislop. In, "The Two Babylons," by  Hislop thoroughly, and scholarly, documents the pagan ceremonies and some of the corrupted doctrines within the Roman Catholic Church that we do not have time and space to mention in this thread.

You mentioned, "Do you ever witness using your own words?" The implication that I got from that question, and your reference to Ephesians 4:29, is that I use corrupt speech in my witnessing.  I do not feel that to respond to that question is appropriate to this thread. I will though, when I revise the above lesson on Revelation, clarify my reasoning for using the word, 'corrupt.'

Thank you for your comments.

​I think you went beyond the face value of the scripture, comment, and the question. No personal attack intended directly or by implication, it was a hurried question on my way to evening service. The thought occurred while reading your original post, What 'version' comes out of my mouth each and every time I witness. I don't speak the KJV while witnessing door to door, the corner store, or elsewhere. So, more likely than not I give a "new version" of the Gospel every time I witness. If someone asked me to show them in the Bible what God's word teaches, then I pull out my trusty 1769 KJV and show them. I suppose each of us needs to read Romans 12:3-10, before we reply to each other.