• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

New Bible College Student

Guest Guest

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, most baptist are 3 point calvinist. I know that IFB's for the most part are 3 point.

But yeah, I don't live with my dad, I'm in college. And if I wanted to know about baptists, I couldn't ask him because he NEVER gives me a straight answer... nor do I like coming to him theologically, because he just can't seem to make up his mind.

• Moderators

Hi, Mr. Dude!

Although some Baptists hold to Calvinistic doctrines, some do not. I personally disagree with Calvinism; thus my dislike of having all Baptists in lumped with Calvinists.

You know, just because part of one person's doctrine seems to agree with part of another's, it does not make them the same. I may share similar views on doctrine with the Calvinists -- but I am not a Calvinist. I may agree with them that one cannot lose one's salvation -- but that does not make me a one-point Calvinist. Why should it? Would a Reformed church member that agreed with me that God is sovereign be considered a one-point Baptist?

Btw, I'm not an Arminian either. As my pastor says, I am (I hope) a Biblicist!

• Members
well, most baptist are 3 point calvinist. I know that IFB's for the most part are 3 point.

But yeah, I don't live with my dad, I'm in college. And if I wanted to know about baptists, I couldn't ask him because he NEVER gives me a straight answer... nor do I like coming to him theologically, because he just can't seem to make up his mind.

I figure from seeing your posts on here its not that he doesn't give you staight answers, its that he doesn't give you the answers you want to hear. I am sure you know much more than he does. lol

Just my observation, but i believe its spot on.

I figure from seeing your posts on here its not that he doesn't give you staight answers, its that he doesn't give you the answers you want to hear. I am sure you know much more than he does. lol

Well aren't you just the nicest person in the world? Thanks for assuming the worst about me, and assuming you know me insanely well.

Well aren't you just the nicest person in the world? Thanks for assuming the worst about me, and assuming you know me insanely well.

• Members
Regardless of what he's said' date=' we can all treat him with dignity. This is the welcome section afterall. We're going to scare others away if they read this topic first thing![/quote']

Nope, what he says is the problem. no disrespect to you Katie but I firmly disagree. Your backin the wrong horse.

You said it' date=' I just read it. I understand the truth hurts sometimes.[/quote']

I said what? What is wrong with you??? You say I'm promoting false doctrine as well?? Wanna back up those statements? You have no idea the backround I come from! You don't even know my first name! Don't even think about saying you know where I come from. My dad is baptist, that's all you know. You immediately assumed I didn't like what he says because I disagree with him. That's insanely childish. Get real. I don't like what my dad says because he's insanely inconsistent. He says one thing one day, and says the complete opposite the next day. He won't make up his mind or stick to ANY doctrine whatsoever, therefore, I avoid taking any theological advice from him whatsoever. I'd much rather hear from someone I COMPLETELY disagree with that sticks to something rather than someone who tells me what they think I wanna hear, then turn around and say something different to someone else.

I suggest you do your research before jumping to conclusions. Very few people would even think about forgiving you for the sort of conclusions you've made about me. Yes, I forgive you, but at the same time, grow up.

• Members

No KJV contradictions? really?
Genesis 22:1 And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.
James 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
???
Besides that, are you aware of how many texts were available to the KJV translators in the Early 17th century?
Mr.Dude

Blog: View Blog
Private messageE-mail

IFB "doctrines"
by Mr.Dude on September 13th, 2008, 9:44 pm

I'm glad the title caught your attention. I've got something to say, and something I hope to say in many IFB, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Christian, and catholic churches across America and the world.

When it comes to issues such as KJVO, and music with a beat is evil, I have something to say... IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!! There's a world out there that need JESUS CHRIST, not the KJV, not another fire and brimstone preacher. You're not going to heaven because you used the King James Bible, shunned rock music, went to church, believed or disbelieved OSAS, or any of that. Salvation is in Jesus Christ alone! You need to quit worry about what bible version they're using, what clothes they're wearing, how they talk, etc, and learn to love!

And where's a better place to start than with your brothers in Christ? It doesn't matter who you are, your called to the same thing in Christ! Whether you use the KJV:

1Peter 3:8-9 Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous: Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

NIV:

x.not valid

or NASB:

x not valid

We are to love as brothers! This is an unconditional love as verse 9 goes on to say. DON'T repay evil with evil to another brother in Christ! We're too set on "I'm right, you're wrong" rather than being united in Christ! We're so worried about our doctrines and pet our own beliefs that we treat our own BROTHERS as dirt! Where does this fit into the attitude of Christ? How can the love of Christ be in one who doesn't love his brother?

Philippians 2:1-3 If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

We have a connection in Christ! We don't agree. You believe in the KJVO, I use the NIV and NASB, you believe Christian rock is evil, I believe it's an amazing ministry that's saved thousands, you believe in OSAS, I don't. But we are to lift each other up, encourage a walk with Christ, pray for one another, be united as one body! Together we are strong, and our diversity makes us stronger! Let these differences make us stronger! Let them bring us closer! Let the world see the love of Christ between us despite our differences! We are ONE church united under God!

I remember my church back in Stillwater, Oklahoma... I came back after about 6 months, and what they did blew me away... They were preaching on providing for others before providing for yourself. That sunday, they needed offering REALLLY bad. They were redoing some parts of the Church building, and it cost ALOT. But the offering that morning, didn't even go to that church, it went to a different church that was also in need. And not just any church, a baptist church that differed in many doctrinal issues! A Christian church taking up offering for a baptist church! i was sitting toward the front, and by the time the offering plate passed me, there was at least $300 in that one plate! That's the love of Christ! That's insane! That's breaking the mold! That's not ordinary!

I challenge you to do something like that. In fact, I DARE you to do something like that. If we can come together like that, absolutely NOTHING will be impossible for us...
Mr.Dude

Private messageE-mail

and your other post was deleted the one I have more question

yuor own words not mine,
false doctrine is doctrine that goes against what God says, as above, God said he would preserve his word for us he did, and for the English speaking people it is the KJV,if he preserved his word for us how can there be untruths. Rock music is a tool of the devil, this is fact not opinion, I'm not debating with you, I am simply telling you the truth, it does matter how you talk, it does matter how you dress, We are to be seperate.

And the way you spoke of your dad was disrespectful, and sounded like an 18 yr kid who thinks he knows more than anyone. Like it or not thats how you came across. I ask not for forgiveness, because there was nothing I said that needs forgiving.

No KJV contradictions? really?
Genesis 22:1 And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.
James 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
???
Besides that, are you aware of how many texts were available to the KJV translators in the Early 17th century?
Mr.Dude

Private messageE-mail

IFB "doctrines"
by Mr.Dude on September 13th, 2008, 9:44 pm

I'm glad the title caught your attention. I've got something to say, and something I hope to say in many IFB, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Christian, and catholic churches across America and the world.

When it comes to issues such as KJVO, and music with a beat is evil, I have something to say... IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!! There's a world out there that need JESUS CHRIST, not the KJV, not another fire and brimstone preacher. You're not going to heaven because you used the King James Bible, shunned rock music, went to church, believed or disbelieved OSAS, or any of that. Salvation is in Jesus Christ alone! You need to quit worry about what bible version they're using, what clothes they're wearing, how they talk, etc, and learn to love!

And where's a better place to start than with your brothers in Christ? It doesn't matter who you are, your called to the same thing in Christ! Whether you use the KJV:

1Peter 3:8-9 Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous: Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

NIV:

x.not valid

or NASB:

x not valid

We are to love as brothers! This is an unconditional love as verse 9 goes on to say. DON'T repay evil with evil to another brother in Christ! We're too set on "I'm right, you're wrong" rather than being united in Christ! We're so worried about our doctrines and pet our own beliefs that we treat our own BROTHERS as dirt! Where does this fit into the attitude of Christ? How can the love of Christ be in one who doesn't love his brother?

Philippians 2:1-3 If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

We have a connection in Christ! We don't agree. You believe in the KJVO, I use the NIV and NASB, you believe Christian rock is evil, I believe it's an amazing ministry that's saved thousands, you believe in OSAS, I don't. But we are to lift each other up, encourage a walk with Christ, pray for one another, be united as one body! Together we are strong, and our diversity makes us stronger! Let these differences make us stronger! Let them bring us closer! Let the world see the love of Christ between us despite our differences! We are ONE church united under God!

I remember my church back in Stillwater, Oklahoma... I came back after about 6 months, and what they did blew me away... They were preaching on providing for others before providing for yourself. That sunday, they needed offering REALLLY bad. They were redoing some parts of the Church building, and it cost ALOT. But the offering that morning, didn't even go to that church, it went to a different church that was also in need. And not just any church, a baptist church that differed in many doctrinal issues! A Christian church taking up offering for a baptist church! i was sitting toward the front, and by the time the offering plate passed me, there was at least $300 in that one plate! That's the love of Christ! That's insane! That's breaking the mold! That's not ordinary!

I challenge you to do something like that. In fact, I DARE you to do something like that. If we can come together like that, absolutely NOTHING will be impossible for us...
Mr.Dude

Private messageE-mail

and your other post was deleted the one I have more question

yuor own words not mine,
false doctrine is doctrine that goes against what God says, as above, God said he would preserve his word for us he did, and for the English speaking people it is the KJV,if he preserved his word for us how can there be untruths. Rock music is a tool of the devil, this is fact not opinion, I'm not debating with you, I am simply telling you the truth, it does matter how you talk, it does matter how you dress, We are to be seperate.

And the way you spoke of your dad was disrespectful, and sounded like an 18 yr kid who thinks he knows more than anyone. Like it or not thats how you came across. I ask not for forgiveness, because there was nothing I said that needs forgiving.

Are you like 12??? Really? You're going about this like you are. Care to be a little more respectful? Care not to insinuate? Care not to speculate? Give me actual facts not things you think are true without anything to back it up.

How is the KJV the ONLY preserved word in english??? How is rock music a "tool of the devil"??? Give me FACTS. Back it up, be a man.

And don't continue assuming about me and my dad, goodnight! I'm not an "18 yr kid who thinks he knows more than anyone", to say so is asinine! I don't know more than anyone, and I don't even THINK I know more than anyone. Get over yourself, seriously

You really need to learn how to grow up and act like a real follower of Christ rather than the fool you're acting now.