• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

New Bible College Student

Guest Guest

Hey guys, what's up?

I'm Alex Wade, and I go to Ozark Christian College in Joplin, Missouri. Just Came here for all those "independent fundamental baptist" questions I had. And for a lil fellowship with those I may not agree with, but are still part of the same body of Christ!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Welcome!

Questions are fine, but coming for the purpose of a debate is not. Please be sure to read the rules before posting further, so you know where the board stands before getting involved in a debate.

Thanks!

• Members

Hi, Alex. I grew up in Missouri...went to the Ozarks often...knew some kids down there at the school. Always liked visiting Joplin. Anyway, welcome to OLB. If you've read any of the "serious" threads around here, then you've already realized that there is strong disagreement on a number of issues around here. When we disagree with each other, we try to do so in a Christlike, humble manner. Sarcasm in moderation isn't bad, but it can get out of hand pretty quickly, and tends to be a discussion killer. All that to say...Hope you enjoy your fellowship here. I'm all for a good, honest debate among mature people, in which everybody is able to act like "big boys and girls." Maybe I'll see ya 'round in some of the forums here.

Welcome!

Questions are fine, but coming for the purpose of a debate is not. Please be sure to read the rules before posting further, so you know where the board stands before getting involved in a debate.

Thanks!

Purpose of debate? Not so much. Where I'm sure there will be some of that, mostly for the benefit of both sides, as in believing what they believe, and KNOWING WHY they believe. But I'm here in case I had a question about this particular side of baptists.

• Members
Hey guys, what's up?

I'm Alex Wade, and I go to Ozark Christian College in Joplin, Missouri. Just Came here for all those "independent fundamental baptist" questions I had. And for a lil fellowship with those I may not agree with, but are still part of the same body of Christ!

I used to go to a Church of Christ (Christian Church) years ago.....the pastor graduated from Ozark. Not here for a debate? Research for a class, maybe? :ideas:

I used to go to a Church of Christ (Christian Church) years ago.....the pastor graduated from Ozark. Not here for a debate? Research for a class, maybe? :ideas:

research? not really. I'm really not here on bad intentions in any sense...

And what "side" of Baptist do you consider yourself?

Eh? I'm not baptist actually. I'm non-denominational(not holding to any particular denomination). My dad is definitely baptist. 3-point calvinist and everything... so I've got some baptist influence in my life.

• Members

Eh? I'm not baptist actually. I'm non-denominational(not holding to any particular denomination). My dad is definitely baptist. 3-point calvinist and everything... so I've got some baptist influence in my life.

3 point calvinist?

Baptist influence?

Just why are you here....?