• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The best cake you ever ate....poke cake

Rosie

• Members

take 1 white cake mix and bake it in a 9 by 13 pan.. cool,, poke holes in it at one inch apart all over 

take the flavor of jello that you like... i used raspberry.. small pkg.. add 1 cup hot water.. dissolve thoroughly.. pour over cake.. refrigerate 3 hours... take 1 lg pkg pudding what ever flavor u like, i used chocolate.. add 1 cup milk and pudding, mix well.. add 1 small tub cool whip... mix well and frost cake with it... keep refrigerated.. 

oh its so good

• 5 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Members

My mother has been making these for years. When I was in my early teen years, Mom started making them every week. We loved these Jello cakes, especially during the summer months. We'd take them to church for dinners and fellowships. They were a big hit. Mom used a wooden spoon, using the handle part to poke the holes, evenly spaced throughout the cake. She would always top it with whipped cream, sometimes flavored the same as the Jello used in the cake. If you've never tried one of these, give it a go! I'm sure you'll love it. 

• Administrators
9 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

My mother has been making these for years. When I was in my early teen years, Mom started making them every week. We loved these Jello cakes, especially during the summer months. We'd take them to church for dinners and fellowships. They were a big hit. Mom used a wooden spoon, using the handle part to poke the holes, evenly spaced throughout the cake. She would always top it with whipped cream, sometimes flavored the same as the Jello used in the cake. If you've never tried one of these, give it a go! I'm sure you'll love it. 

Mom makes one quite often for our potlucks. Different flavors of jello makes it easy to change up. She adds an instant pudding to the whipped cream, which helps keep the cream from dissipating too soon. 

• Members
4 minutes ago, HappyChristian said:

Mom makes one quite often for our potlucks. Different flavors of jello makes it easy to change up. She adds an instant pudding to the whipped cream, which helps keep the cream from dissipating too soon. 

We do the same with the whipped cream. All of us kids loved the lime, cherry, and strawberry. After my mother brought one to a church supper in 1974, many of the ladies started bringing them to church functions. 

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

We do the same with the whipped cream. All of us kids loved the lime, cherry, and strawberry. After my mother brought one to a church supper in 1974, many of the ladies started bringing them to church functions. 

Yes, all three great flavors! Mom makes an orange one and uses mandarins as well. Man, it's good!